• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Order

I'm reading through SBR for the first time.

Is it safe to say that Johnny has the most tragic backstory out of all the Jojos?

Also the first Jojo with a sibling

Order

Oh god Holly is Josuke's sister

That's weirder than him being Jotaro's uncle tbh

And I guess Dio is technically Jonathan's adopted brother

For a dude that seems to hate cats Araki put a lot of detail into Stray Cat. Just sitting here watching the main villain job to a fucking cat plant.

Tizoc

Gappy bubbles always had a seam dude. you think he would've come up with Kira X Josufumi and their 2x2 balls without thinking about how their stands merged?
There were no seams or splits with his bubbles in chapter 1 of jojolion
Not even in the colore versions- i checked :S

cntr

Banned
hjCgnNr.png

Voror

So do we know the full extent of how far Plunder goes as an ability? Because depending on how far that can be taken it sounds like it could be incredibly broken if applied right.

cntr

Banned
Plunder seems to be almost limitless, lol. It's overpowered as hell. It's still fine because Gappy's problems aren't really centered around fighting, but yeah.

Genryu

Banned
It seems like Plunder can only be used for physical concepts. I don't think you're going to be seeing Soft and Wet plundering "Time" from something.

Pompadour

So do we know the full extent of how far Plunder goes as an ability? Because depending on how far that can be taken it sounds like it could be incredibly broken if applied right.

It feels like a Gold Experience-esque Stand power because it doesn't seem to have a limitation to what it can "plunder". If S&W can make Joshu's eyes disappear, couldn't Josuke just remove an enemy's heart or brain? Or remove a stand? Remove gravity on an object so they fly off into space?

It seems like Plunder can only be used for physical concepts. I don't think you're going to be seeing Soft and Wet plundering "Time" from something.

Just wait until Soft & Wet Requiem.

Tizoc

A 10 year old boy wearing girls clothes just killed a man by making him think that a bus is the boy's father, and died from being run over by the bus.

cntr

Banned
You know, Togashi and Araki took inspiration from each other with Yu Yu Hakusho and Diamond is Unbreakable, right?

This conversation and last night's Hunter x Hunter episode on Toonami made me think -- the characters in Hunter x Hunter and of all the parts after Vento Aureo are kind of similar in how "not nice" they are. Not to get into too much spoilers for HxH, but Gon and Killua are nice-but-not-nice and often violent in a way similar to how Giorno, Jolyne, and Gappy are, though the details differ.

It's kind of a loose connection, but I wonder if Togashi and Araki influenced each other there too?

You know, Togashi and Araki took inspiration from each other with Yu Yu Hakusho and Diamond is Unbreakable, right?

This conversation and last night's Hunter x Hunter episode on Toonami made me think -- the characters in Hunter x Hunter and of all the parts after Vento Aureo are kind of similar in how "not nice" they are. Not to get into too much spoilers for HxH, but Gon and Killua are nice-but-not-nice and often violent in a way similar to how Giorno, Jolyne, and Gappy are, though the details differ.

It's kind of a loose connection, but I wonder if Togashi and Araki influenced each other there too?
I could believe this since a lot of their works seem to piggyback off each other in a weird way. Seems interesting how Josuke was the final truly nice Jojo.

One thing I appreciate is how Johnny is the first JoJo to not be an asshole because it balances out the nice part of his personality.

In fact, I'm struggling to think of the amount of times Johnny did something that wasn't for selfish reasons. The nicest, most selfless thing he ever did hadn't even happened in part 7 proper.

I swear in the 2011 HxH narration opening thing before the OP there is a gold version of the stone mask. It even has the Red Stone of Aja and bats fly out of it.

Yknow if I were to ever cast the D'arby brothers in a live action

I would cast George Clooney as elder D'arby and Leonardo Dicaprio as Young D'arby

On a side note, does toonami host the episodes on their site as they come up?

Look at the so-called "restraints" set on Gold Experience, and you've got an idea of what Soft & Wet can really do. Or rather, you have no idea what it can do, because it's entirely dependent on what Araki needs it to do.

It'll probably steal Earth's gravity at some point.

A 10 year old boy wearing girls clothes just killed a man by making him think that a bus is the boy's father, and died from being run over by the bus.

"I made the bus look like my dad."

Probably the best OOC JoJo line since "the penis is very important", also from Part 8.

Definitely on purpose.

You'll definitely enjoy this link
http://jojo.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_cultural_references_and_inspirations_from_JoJo's_Bizarre_Adventure

Some spoilers, maybe? I know you're not really spoiler-wary though, Jaded.

Kars' signature pose seems to be really popular. Or maybe it's just coincidental. But it seems simultaneously too subtle to be intentional and too out-there to be accidental.

cntr

Banned
Jojolion Chapter 61

Blue Hawaii??
Can't say I was expecting that as the stand name.

That was a great battle chapter! And
Yasuho!
Reminds me of Highway Star.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Did not know it had been two full years by now, but it certainly felt like it's been awhile.

Thought this chapter was pretty fun.

So Araki just watched It Follows, huh.

Blue Hawaii is basically Highway Star + It Follows, down to a Josuke calling a Hirose for help with hospital records on the Stand user while he tries to avoid pursuit.

damn!! really?!

Yep. Chapter 47. Chapter 48 begins the arc surrounding Damo taking over the Higashikata household, which is interrupted midway with the flashback to Josefumi and Kira's past, then the Milagro Man, Kaato's introduction, and the Dolomiti's introduction.

All-in-all, Yasuho has been gone for a very long time. I thought it was under a year. Turns out it was a lot longer than that.

Matsukaze

Chapter 61

Hey, cool. Araki brought back Yasuho this chapter like I had hoped he would.

Now please keep her in the spotlight with Josuke.

Chapter 61

Hey, cool. Araki brought back Yasuho this chapter like I had hoped he would.

Now please keep her in the spotlight with Josuke.

She's got the potential to be one of the best-developed JoBros in the series, alongside Gyro. Considering previous characterizations range from such wonderfully two-dimensional traits as "is stupid", "is leader", "is angry", and "is Speedwagon", I'm hoping he'll give her and Paisley Park the space on-panel that they deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom