• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

caliph95

giphy.gif

Z

ZelbZelb

Unconfirmed Member
I need ASB 2. Put so many hours into the first. Other games like Tekken I feel like I'm always playing catch-up, but ASB was the first game I was there on the ground floor, discovering things with everyone. Figuring out how to beat people with Kakyoin was a pretty rewarding feeling.

My wish list:

-60 fps, but keep the slower more deliberate feel of ASB. There are already a bunch of twitch reflex fighters.
-That being said, cut down the length of some move cut-scenes and transitions to have things move at a more brisk pace.
-Change parries so that you have to press forward to parry instead of back. Guessing a low or high parry wrong makes you get hit.
-Walk speed could be increased a little.
-Change damage scaling so it's more front-loaded on a combo, so pokes are a bit more rewarding.
-Add some more moves per character, specifically command normals. If everyone had the arsenal of Young Joseph, I think that's a good amount.
-Good netcode.
-Please, for goodness sake, don't re-invent the wheel again.

I'm gonna have to write down "Bento Oreo" somewhere lol

Once that retranslation finishes, I'm gonna do a reread too. Lord knows that last arc needs it more than anything else >_> I spent about two hours of rereading those final chapters coupled with a bunch of internet JoJo research to wrap my head around every detail of that my first time through.

Astral

I'm trying to get a friend of mine into JoJo but they're struggling through Phantom Blood, which is understandable. I can't let her give up though. Main complaints are ugly animation and barebones story.

caliph95

I'm trying to get a friend of mine into JoJo but they're struggling through Phantom Blood, which is understandable. I can't let her give up though. Main complaints are ugly animation and barebones story.
Besides Dio and Speedwagon it honestly only gets good when Joseph steps in

You know, with the most-recent trailer, I have just noticed that they included Josuke doing that fabulous Stand-summoning pose from the beginning of the manga. The anime didn't really replicate it
the way I wanted it to

XSQfyb9.gif

Come to think of it - that makes 5 of my favorite Part-IV-poses that didn't make it into the anime (this and the next time he does it within the first episode both count as halves of one), hmm

Tizoc

Memoranda on PC was the weirdest shit I've played in YEARS, and I've read this series about half a dozen times so far.

I bring this up just in case someone was wondering if anything could make them go 'WTF' after having experienced JoJo.

Memoranda on PC was the weirdest shit I've played in YEARS, and I've read this series about half a dozen times so far.

I bring this up just in case someone was wondering if anything could make them go 'WTF' after having experienced JoJo.

It may cause you to go 'WTF' after experiencing JoJo, but how does it compare to Jorge Joestar?

Squishy3

Nah, give it all to ASW
I'd rather have CC2 handling all the cinematic design, though. Xrd's story mode looks good but CC2 is on a completely different level in terms of cutscene direction. (Excluding the awful awful motion comic stuff in UNS4, but I totally get why they had to do it.) The final fight in UNS4 with switching character models/environments on the fly during it as well is top tier.

Honestly though CC2 getting to do a game in the style of Ultimate Ninja Storm would be the best outcome in terms of pure Jojo fanservice while telling the stories. All Arcsys would bring to the table is making a competent fighting game.

You guys don't know how hype I would be if CC2 made a JoJo game.

It could literally be a Jorge Joestar adaptation and they would make it the hypest fucking shit with Kars using his stands to throw moons at Universe J Giorno who defends Earth with Morioh on legs while Rohan draws and completes the entirety of Berserk in approximately 2 days.

None of that shit even happens in the book but CC2 could throw it in and I'd love it all.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
You guys remember that mid 2000s Fist of the North Star fighting game? I basically want that but Jojo. And maybe slightly better balanced, but I mean, I'm not picky.

You guys don't know how hype I would be if CC2 made a JoJo game.

It could literally be a Jorge Joestar adaptation and they would make it the hypest fucking shit with Kars using his stands to throw moons at Universe J Giorno who defends Earth with Morioh on legs while Rohan draws and completes the entirety of Berserk in approximately 2 days.

None of that shit even happens in the book but CC2 could throw it in and I'd love it all.

You mean if CC2 made another jojo game? They've made 2.

Every time the enemy hit the swordfish the damage is reflected back at him

"thanks to this rainbow i was able to turn this wall into snails"
And to think Gold Experience isn't the most bullshit Jojo stand...it's not even fucking consistent on a volume to volume basis. Who knows what the fuck it's going to do when I hit volume 12 or at least by the time I finish The Clash vs Talking Head volume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom