• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
Via the Toonami thread, there's a fashion illustrator named Antonio Lopez who drew like this:

tumblr_neuuyb2Hsq1rppt42o1_1280.jpg
tumblr_neuuyb2Hsq1rppt42o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_neuuyb2Hsq1rppt42o3_1280.jpg
tumblr_neuuyb2Hsq1rppt42o4_1280.jpg

Maybe a coincidence, but Araki did read fashion magazines as references for Jojo.

Astral

So why DID Kira need to activate Bites the Dust manually at the end? If someone were to bring that up as a criticism I'd have absolutely no defense for it.

cntr

Banned
Killer Queen has both automatic and manual modes. Remember how he was able to create both manually triggered and automatically triggered bubbles? Same logic applies to Bites the Dust.

It just happened that he didn't have anyone to trigger it off until the paramedic showed up. (Well he did, but he blew up that dude.)

Astral

Killer Queen has both automatic and manual modes. Remember how he was able to create both manually triggered and automatically triggered bubbles? Same logic applies to Bites the Dust.

It just happened that he didn't have anyone to trigger it off until the paramedic showed up. (Well he did, but he blew up that dude.)

But why didn't he just use the paramedic? I just assumed there was no time or something. Like she had absolutely no idea what was going on and that's why it would've been faster to activate it manually.

cntr

Banned
But why didn't he just use the paramedic? I just assumed there was no time or something. Like she had absolutely no idea what was going on and that's why it would've been faster to activate it manually.
He did use the paramedic, he had to tell her his name and that he was a serial killer to set up Bites the Dust.

And then he activated it manually since she was like "wtf?" and wasn't going to say his name in time.

Astral

He did use the paramedic, he had to tell her his name and that he was a serial killer to set up Bites the Dust.

And then he activated it manually since she was like "wtf?" and wasn't going to say his name in time.

Ok that's what I thought the deal was. It was a matter of urgency. Too bad for him Koichi's a bamf.

He did technically activate Bites Da Dusto, but it didn't 100% work in the stopped time.
Ok that's what I thought the deal was. It was a matter of urgency. Too bad for him Koichi's a bamf.
I wonder at what point Koichi just went home in Part 5. Dude just disappeared without even a plane ride panel.

Astral

I'm watching the Jotaro vs. Dio OVA fight again and I very much prefer the direction the OVA took for the knives scene and the scene where Jotaro stops his heart. It was so much more tense without the music. Not only did the music in the anime make it less tense imo, but the latter scene just didn't last long enough to deliver any significant amount of tension.

Pretty much everything from the Crusaders vs DIO to "High" Dio (aside from DIO's weird appearance and lackluster VA) is superbly directed in the OVA. I don't even think it's about being a purist, it's just better crafted.

I don't like High Dio vs Jotaro being some super powered slap fight where they throw building at each other and stuff. It's fantastically animated but undercuts the mind games of the fight.

The only bits I liked better - let alone at all - about the OVA were the N'doul episodes, first half of the D'Arby episode, and the whole part that Sibersk Esto mentioned

cntr

Banned
The OVA does certain moments better 'cause OVA budget and direction, but as an overall thing, it's pretty eh. Way too serious and dark-looking, and way cut down.

The manga's probably still the best version of SDC.

The 1993 OVA started out like "Wow! This is totally JoJo!"

But then Cruella de Vanilla Ice, the end of Jotaro vs DIO, and the 2000 OVA came along and suddenly it's all "OK...APPP, we may need to have a word with you"

Pompadour

What even was Kira's logic behind blowing up a dude with a panty fetish? "Cuz Jojo?"

The way Araki treats random passerbys gives off a big misanthropic vibe. There's lots of grotesque, powerless civilians who act immediately shitty and then die hilarious, ugly deaths. It reminds me a lot of all the pointless goons in Fist of the North Star that show up, do something cruel/goofy, then die horribly.

The OVA does certain moments better 'cause OVA budget and direction, but as an overall thing, it's pretty eh. Way too serious and dark-looking, and way cut down.

The manga's probably still the best version of SDC.

I think OVA D'Arby arc is overall considerably better than the anime version. His breakdown is like 10x better and is what originally made me a Jojo fan 15 years ago. The whole thing blew me away.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The part 5 dub is going to be glorious.

That feeling when everyone is going to sound normal except for the random goons that will get killed.

We do know that the Stardust Crusaders dub will not have accents. Polnareff won't have an over-the-top French accent and Dio drops the British. Now he just sounds like "Most Patrick Seitz voices"

cntr

Banned
I really really doubt Part 5 will have Italian accents. If you wanted to be accurate, wouldn't they be speaking Italian throughout anyway?

I hope Dio gets his English accent back for the final version of the dub, though. Stereotypes aside!

That feeling when everyone is going to sound normal except for the random goons that will get killed.

We do know that the Stardust Crusaders dub will not have accents. Polnareff won't have an over-the-top French accent and Dio drops the British. Now he just sounds like "Most Patrick Seitz voices"
I hope they do Italian accents for Part 5. You got people named Prosciutto and Sorbet for crying out loud.

cntr

Banned
I've heard of a fan-recut of the OVAs where everybody mostly speaks English, Jotaro and Kakyoin think and talk to each other in Japanese, Polnareff thinks to himself in French and talks to Avdol in Italian, and Avdol thinks in...uh, Swedish.

I want something like that for the series some day.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Well now I realized my problem.

I kept mixing Kato as sometimes Joubin's wife rather than mom. They still haven't named her (Joubin's wife) despite appearing right?

caliph95

"Giorno's severed arms will never create life again." Some how I doubt this is true.
"I gave this bread life with my tongue and it turned into arms" -Araki probably before an editor sobered up

Also oh no the protag can't use his powers, ever again, not taking it back totally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom