• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

caliph95

It's implied that Part 7 and its multiverse was a by-product of Made in Heaven.
AFAIK Araki stated they are parallel worlds and wouldn't interact

The town of Morio-cho appears in Parts 4 and 8, but they're in parallel worlds, so they aren't linked in time or space. The two Josukes would never meet each other normally.

cntr

Banned
AFAIK Araki stated they are parallel worlds and wouldn't interact
I mean, he's saying that there won't be any Jojo crossovers, not that they're totally unrelated.

It makes a lot more sense for MiH to be involved,
and Valentine gives it a callback. It's how he's defeated.

Man I hope DBfighterZ does so well that Arc and NamcoBandai collaborate to make a Jojo game.

Remember how good All Star Battle was. Trying to
activate Made in Heaven
was like trying to summon Exodia during a fighting game, it was fun.

I feel like both ASB and EoH could become much better games with refinement, but they have the manga references down to a t.

caliph95

I mean, he's saying that there won't be any Jojo crossovers, not that they're totally unrelated.

It makes a lot more sense for MiH to be involved,
and Valentine gives it a callback. It's how he's defeated.
must have missed that where was the callback

cntr

Banned
must have missed that where was the callback
While he's fighting Ballbreaker and Tusk, he realizes why they can follow him across universes and defy fate --- they use the power of gravity.

It's one of my favorite moments. So much hype, yo.

caliph95

Technically wasnt there already a crossover with
Dio from Another World?
Its an
alternate Diego not Dio to be fair with possibly his actual Stand
While he's fighting Ballbreaker and Tusk, he realizes why they can follow him across universes and defy fate --- they use the power of gravity.

It's one of my favorite moments. So much hype, yo.
Oh cool though i feel that is just an easter egg

Z

ZelbZelb

Unconfirmed Member
Man I hope DBfighterZ does so well that Arc and NamcoBandai collaborate to make a Jojo game.

Remember how good All Star Battle was. Trying to
activate Made in Heaven
was like trying to summon Exodia during a fighting game, it was fun.

I feel like both ASB and EoH could become much better games with refinement, but they have the manga references down to a t.

I loved ASB. I still play it to this day and it's probably my favorite fighting game of all time. I would love ASB2 that builds on the first, as opposed to something that tries to be exactly like everything else.

Sibersk Esto
Might as well toss out the idea of a balanced Jojo game.

Best we can hope for is a successor to the Capcom game.
ASB's tier list is super tight. Almost as tight as Tekken's.

caliph95

Code:
[IMG]http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/162/395/7db.png[/IMG]
giphy.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Tomorrow at Anime Expo at 7:30 p.m. Pacific, there'll be a Jojo panel with Matt Mercer (Jotaro), Ben Disken (Joseph), & Patrick Seitz (Dio).

It's the hit manga and anime series with more excitement and outrageousness than you can... STAND! Join your friends from VIZ Media for a celebration of this epic manga and anime series with special guests, the latest news and maybe even some surprizes! Get ready to pose and unleash your power at the official JOJO's BIZARRE ADVENTURE panel.
I'm hoping this involves some Part 3 dub info or possibly even an estimate for the Part 3 Blu-Ray.

caliph95

Code:
[IMG]http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/080/394/dbd.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/993/987/e82.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/998/717/944.png[/IMG]

Upon reflection of Part 3, I will now refer to it as Polnaref's Blizzard adventures.

The conclusion to the Vanilla ice fight is my favourite moment of the series thus far. Slightly edges out the conclusion to part 2 and ROADA ROLLER DA.

Upon reflection of Part 3, I will now refer to it as Polnaref's Blizzard adventures.

The conclusion to the Vanilla ice fight is my favourite moment of the series thus far. Slightly edges out the conclusion to part 2 and ROADA ROLLER DA.
Dio-sama didn't even get the best fight in the anime, it's weird. Pet Shop is one of my favorite fights.

Dio-sama didn't even get the best fight in the anime, it's weird. Pet Shop is one of my favorite fights.
The Pet Shop fight was fantastic. Really endeared me to Iggy and is a monument to the quality of the show given how amazing they made a fight between an Eagle and French Terrier.

I also really loved the D'Arby poker game.

The final fight was in every way 'epic'. However seeing Dio and Jotaro flying around Cairo wasn't what I really wanted from the series. I enjoyed many parts of it, Jotaro pausing his heart beat, saving Polnaref, getting to grasps with Za warudo, etc. The in-between bits with them flying all over the place took me out of it though.

The Pet Shop fight was fantastic. Really endeared me to Iggy and is a monument to the quality of the show given how amazing they made a fight between an Eagle and French Terrier.

I also really loved the D'Arby poker game.

The final fight was in every way 'epic'. However seeing Dio and Jotaro flying around Cairo wasn't what I really wanted from the series. I enjoyed many parts of it, Jotaro pausing his heart beat, saving Polnaref, getting to grasps with Za warudo, etc. The in-between bits with them flying all over the place took me out of it though.
Araki made you like Iggy and then like an ep or two later kills him. At least he got that unlike OVA Iggy...shit. Pet Shop is a smug swag ass Falcon...nobody was killing him outside of Iggy. Pet Shop is also broken as fuck in the Capcom game. I actually like the mind games Jotaro started to play with Dio, like when he's just randomly under a manhole cover.

caliph95

Araki made you like Iggy and then like an ep or two later kills him. At least he got that unlike OVA Iggy...shit. Pet Shop is a smug swag ass Falcon...nobody was killing him outside of Iggy. Pet Shop is also broken as fuck in the Capcom game. I actually like the mind games Jotaro started to play with Dio, like when he's just randomly under a manhole cover.
Him popping out of nowhere was hilarious like the Dio and Polnaref levels of screwing around. Like instead of just following he went out of his way to go to the sewers just to fuck with dio

caliph95

To be fair for OVA compared to anime the ova is limited by the lenght compared to the anime where it was allowed to take its time (though some have argued two seasons was too much). So characters like Iggy get more focus as a result and i don't think petshop was in the anime.

To be fair for OVA compared to anime the ova is limited by the lenght compared to the anime where it was allowed to take its time (though some have argued two seasons was too much). So characters like Iggy get more focus as a result and i don't think petshop was in the anime.
Pet Shop wasn't in the OVA.

Ezalc

This has probably been asked before, but when part 5 gets an anime how long would it probably be? I believe it's not that much longer than part 4 in terms of chapters correct?

This has probably been asked before, but when part 5 gets an anime how long would it probably be? I believe it's not that much longer than part 4 in terms of chapters correct?

It's actually way shorter, it's about as long as Stardust Crusaders chapterwise.

3 cour seems like the sweet spot for it, but I don't want them doing it all in a row like Diamond is Unbreakable. That's a ridiculous output and quality definitely suffers from it.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I have zero confidence in David Pro if they do Vento Aureo straight. It's a much more action-heavy part, and for awhile there they struggled week to week with the less intense Diamond.

Unfortunately it's not gonna be their call.

fertygo

I have zero confidence in David Pro if they do Vento Aureo straight. It's a much more action-heavy part, and for awhile there they struggled week to week with the less intense Diamond.

Unfortunately it's not gonna be their call.

Part 4 has noticeably decent production value tho

some bad rushed or outsourced eps here and there but every anime like that.

cntr

Banned
I could see them taking their time with the production, and yeah, we're definitely going to have split cours from now on.

...assuming Shueisha/Warner Brothers aren't morons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom