• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

caliph95

Hermes is offering this dude her panties so he won't kill himself. "Not everyday is a Monday." "I got arrested on a Saturday."

3GZDrKx.png

cntr

Banned
You know, if you think about it, Jojo is a series that contains, among other things:

• vampires
  • solar-powered martial arts
  • Nazis
  • Nazi cyborgs
  • Aztec vampires
  • zombies
  • Stands
  • ghosts
  • aliens?
  • Italian gangsters
  • Florida
  • gay priests
  • dinosaurs
  • and Jesus Christ himself.

caliph95

Code:
[IMG]http://orig04.deviantart.net/5e97/f/2017/058/2/f/papyrus_and_undyne_do_a_jojo_pose_by_mussquitto98-db0nbjq.png[/IMG][IMG]http://pm1.narvii.com/6081/37ffae89cc3c1022da05e34893adc25829d8af29_hq.jpg[/IMG]

caliph95

You know, if you think about it, Jojo is a series that contains, among other things:

• vampires
  • solar-powered martial arts
  • Nazis
  • Nazi cyborgs
  • Aztec vampires
  • zombies
  • Stands
  • ghosts
  • aliens?
  • Italian gangsters
  • Florida
  • gay priests
  • dinosaurs
  • and Jesus Christ himself.
[*]Rainbow Snails
[*]Rock Humans
[*]Rock Diseases
[*]Ghost Computers and Ghost Internet
[*]Ghost Planes

Euphony

Banned
When was this shown?

I had to look it up myself because I was confused as well. Apparently there's a panel that shows Kaato's eyes separated into halves like Josuke's.

I am not convinced even after seeing them side by side and I'm leaning on it just being how the eyes were drawn in that panel. I will admit that because Josuke's eyes aren't always drawn with the separation there is still a possibility that Kaato may be another
fused person
, but I still am skeptical.

cntr

Banned
There's other panels that make it more obvious, but you can chalk up the difference in appearance to Kaato not having the New Rokakaka, maybe?

Euphony

Banned
I skimmed some of the chapters she showed up in and I'm having difficulty finding any better panels. I found clear shots of her eyes both when she visited the Higashikata family after getting out of prison and in the flashback with Jobin, both looked like she had solid eyes. But again, Josuke often times isn't drawn with the split eyes.

It would be interesting if she was a more complete fusion, one that is more subtle than Josuke. She does also appear a couple chapters after we learn who Josuke really is. I'm intrigued by the theory, but not wholly convinced.

I couldn't imagine being a famous person and having to answer the same question over and over again though.

"Hey Araki did you hear your fans think you look really good for your age lololololol"

cntr

Banned
I remember John Conway talking about how depressed he gets over being asked about the Game of Life in every interview, something he invented 40 years ago

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I'm having trouble seeing the supposed part 8 influences in the OVA's art style. None of the characters look anything like jojolion characters to me.

Like Koichi's eyes are far too big and his chin is too smooth compared to Tsurugi's, who has roughly the same face size. The only one that looks remotely similar to a part 8 character is the editor, and her face only looks somewhat similar to Hato's.

cntr

Banned
They're not in the Part 8 style, tbh. They're in the Rohan one-shot style, which is similar to but isn't quite Part 8.

I do think using the Part 4 color scheme was a mistake, tho. Part of the reason it works in the manga is the heavy use of shading, so it looks a lot weirder when made flat like that.

Just finished stardust crusaders. Damn that was awesome.

Think I prefer the conclusion for part 2 more, overall. But damn, part 3 got me in the feels at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom