• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astarte

Aren't those an official thing though? I've only seen a couple but I liked them.

Btw, new anime season means new anime OT, right? I propose that whoever does the OT calls it "Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders |OT| Around ZA WARUDO in 26 episodes"

They're official? Oof.

Astarte

Ah well, at least I can see Diego's facial expressions in COLOR.

2ch is leaking info about Stardust Crusaders, taken from a poster on /a/

>Spread pic all Crusaders with images from various episodes (though nothing past Hol Horse & J.Geil)
>OP will be Starlight Journey by JAM Project
>ED will be announced at Anime Japan on 3/22
>It will only be 2 cour

Hot blooded Jam project let's go! Wishing for Holy Diver too.

Drencrom

>Spread pic all Crusaders with images from various episodes (though nothing past Hol Horse & J.Geil)
>It will only be 2 cour

Hype as fuck

Yonafunu

>It will only be 2 cour

oh shit this is going to be amazing

Kurtofan

>It will only be 2 cour

Whats a cour?

I just found out about the stream of the EU version of ASB and the changes

tumblr_n2m1tndKMp1rn8um6o1_1280.jpg
?????????

-Stone Free-> Stone Ocean
-Gold Experience->Golden Wind
-Enrico Pucci->Father Pucchi (this one's really minor but really odd and unnecessary really)
-Chili Pepper (no Red Hot)
-Beach Boy grew up and became Fisher Man for this version
-Joseph says "Damn meased to pleet ya"
-
Ok I know for a fact this isn't what she's saying

Namco wat

That'd be hilarious yet stupid because just use J.P. Polnareff in that case damn it

Honestly, I'm just "wat" and "lol" at the name changes since they were expected to happen, but things like "Balls deep" annoy me :|

Astarte

I wonder what else they're going to change in terms of dialogue. Hopefully Johnny will remain unchanged, else his hunger quote becomes "gyro let's turn around im hungry 4 sum mickey dees"

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
What confuses me about EIFFEL is that his Polnareff name has survived on at least 3 different occasions without any issues
Seriously. How is it Capcom had no issues with it in their games, including the HD port from a while back, yet we get this...weird name change.

Also, Stray Cat = Feral Cat. & yet we clearly heard the Japanese audio is untouched, meaning they still say the "correct' names being said.

& I still don't get the completely changed Jolyne HHA dialogue from "How many can I keep it going for?", then "1000 throws!" to...that unrelated stuff.

Erigu

I still don't get the completely changed Jolyne HHA dialogue from "How many can I keep it going for?", then "1000 throws!" to...that unrelated stuff.
"Without any context, Western players won't understand why the character would say something like that! Let's just put some funny one-liner in there instead."

Articalys

Some of those ASB changes are just sad.

----------------------------------

For the Stardust Crusaders anime, that JAM Project rumor was made-up; the real OP is a song called "STAND PROUD" sung by Jin Hashimoto, who's done a bunch of Kamen Rider songs.
Hopefully Kamikaze Douga will be back to make another awesome OP animation.

Ezalc

For the Stardust Crusaders anime, that JAM Project rumor was made-up; the real OP is a song called "STAND PROUD" sung by Jin Hashimoto, who's done a bunch of Kamen Rider songs.

Still hoping for Get Back as the ED.

Astarte

Pizza mozzarella song becomes Kraft cheese song.

This is going to happen and this will kill me.

Some of those ASB changes are just sad.

----------------------------------

As long as the OP is fantastic, I don't care who sings it! Though JAM project was pretty rad to hear about...

Card Boy

Banned
Namco should've just not bothered bringing the game over, honestly. The game is extremely cheap now and PS3 is region free.

To counter this

• It brings awareness to JoJo in the west
  • It actually has English
  • I can trade in a local copy to EB Games
  • It would of cost them barely anything to bring over.
  • It keeps people employed

To counter this

• It brings awareness to JoJo in the west
  • It actually has English
  • I can trade in a local copy to EB Games
  • It would of cost them barely anything to bring over.
  • It keeps people employed

I'd argue only the last points are ones I cannot disgaree with, otherwise people won't really buy this game unless they're fans already, never say never but it's an incredibly small chance. The English localization is legit awful though, some name changes are bad yeah but understandable but stuff like "It's coming up Kira." & "Balls Deep" is horrible. I wonder how many copies I'll see in CEX in a couple of months.

Crocodile

I heard this game was crap so it wasn't really on my radar but all these localization changes feel like I've fallen into a time warp back to like 15 years ago. Shouldn't most of these names be fine under parody laws anyway? All these changes are really bumming me out :/ I want Jojo's on Toonami at some point but all these name changes will likely hurt my enjoyment of any English version :/

I always wondered why capcom didn't publish this. I mean, they had the rights with the HD Version. They also worked well with CC2 on Asura's Wrath, so why not? I mean sure there could be a couple of misspelling here or there, but it could have worked.

Yeah, I had to throw that jab in there cause you know, lol Capcom

Reknoc

I always wondered why capcom didn't publish this. I mean, they had the rights with the HD Version. They also worked well with CC2 on Asura's Wrath, so why not? I mean sure there could be a couple of misspelling here or there, but it could have worked.

Yeah, I had to throw that jab in there cause you know, lol Capcom

Urgh no thanks. At this point I'd trust Bamco to bring something to the west more than Capcom. Capcom would just be all "urgh nooooo its too hard, but don't worry we'll get a crappy western dev like spike to make some shitty sequel for it"

uh

ahem

but anyway bamco seem to have a monopoly on anime games.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I guess we'd have to take what we can get. Though I'd rather have spelling errors than weird name replacements and false subbing.

Also I'm surprised there's no Jackie Chan's Bizarre Adventures

Another name change in the US version:

They changed Joester to "Joestar".

wtf is this crap Namco, that's not even a music reference!

how can Araki allow this

It's always been Joestar (at least in Japanese). In the OVAs and series it's clearly pronounced that way.

ED: Actually, thinking about it there's only one way スター can be pronounced, so that's not definitive, but everyone descended from Jonathan has the star-shaped birthmark, so I've always just thought of it as Joestar.

Astarte

Urgh no thanks. At this point I'd trust Bamco to bring something to the west more than Capcom. Capcom would just be all "urgh nooooo its too hard, but don't worry we'll get a crappy western dev like spike to make some shitty sequel for it"

uh

ahem

but anyway bamco seem to have a monopoly on anime games.

Bamco sucks eggs. Actually, they both suck eggs for their poor decisions. I'm still bitter over how they handled im@s's debut in America.

This is partially a testament as to why Jojo's Bizarre Adventure should not leave Japan.

Doesn't Jojo do good in Europe?

It's always been Joestar (at least in Japanese). In the OVAs and series it's clearly pronounced that way.

ED: Actually, thinking about it there's only one way スター can be pronounced, so that's not definitive, but everyone descended from Jonathan has the star-shaped birthmark, so I've always just thought of it as Joestar.

tumblr_inline_n2p3hnb2zn1qev6zv.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom