• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, since we won't have any anime to discuss this week, let us take some time to "appreciate" that one time Clamp gave Kakyoin and Jotaro an egg baby
tumblr_mhggfz5Oj91ra3f3yo1_500.gif

tumblr_mhggfz5Oj91ra3f3yo2_r1_500.gif

Ezalc

So I watched the anime, and now I'm on board the Jojo train. Currently reading through Stardust Crusaders (Ch. 36) and watching the OVA that has blonde Joseph (I'll try to watch the episodes at about where I am in the manga). Pretty cool stuff, liking the humor of Jotaro just not giving a fuck about everything, though it's kind of sad to see Joseph not being fucking awesome in this. I get that Jotaro is the protag but why Joseph gotta get that Purple Hermit stand?

Leezard

So, since we won't have any anime to discuss this week, let us take some time to "appreciate" that one time Clamp gave Kakyoin and Jotaro an egg baby
http://24.media.tumblr.com/a8a2f011bb8965091eba7d9dca5f8818/tumblr_mhggfz5Oj91ra3f3yo1_500.gif[IMG]
[IMG]http://25.media.tumblr.com/ff473f02e5351ec8b4e196c90fe5a3c3/tumblr_mhggfz5Oj91ra3f3yo2_r1_500.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
huh, in what show did they do this?

laaame

oi what the hell is up with Joseph being blonde in the 2000 ovas

that shit weirds me out

Joseph is 65 now so it would be natural that his hair color would fade away. To become a blonde...

If you want to try and justify it to yourself you can try and think that Joseph's ripple is keeping him young and that's why its not white. Sometimes you just got to make these leaps of logic when reading/watching Jojo's.

Leezard

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100516195736/jjba/images/1/1e/Clamp.png[IMG]

The gifs are from a music video with the same name.

[IMG]http://24.media.tumblr.com/ff76818b59e2015d0c2d0cb4b9dc9b46/tumblr_ml5ebsh8KI1qhhv13o1_500.png[IMG]

And that's where the baby comes from :P[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks.

Mr.Ock

^ nice!

It'd be cool if there was a list somewhere with all the Jojo references in other Anime/Manga/Videogames/etc.
Does it exist?

Mr.Ock

There's one (in Italian) on the website I used to run about a decade ago: http://www.jocchan.com/jojodomain/site.php?pk=jojocitinv
Some are a bit stretchy, tbh.

Nice, thanks! I'm italian, so no problem either lol

We'd be here for a long time if we tried to do so I think.

Buuut, here's one that's also pretty much my way of telling you "you should watch Gintama"

wow, that's awesome! been thinking about starting Gintama for a while actually, caught some episodes on Mtv (lol) years ago I think... while I'm at it, should I read it or watch it?
(sorry for the OT)

Tizoc

...OK so
the first part of the story has Rohan telling Josuke about something from his early years as a mangaka which was 10 years ago (so 1989). Apparently he had already had Heaven's Door by then. Seems Araki has forgotten that cell phones weren't exactly around in the late 1980s like they are today =P
...but man Araki's art is soooooooooooooooooooooo freakin' good, this is both an artbook and a comic <3

Tizoc

Hey, if they can have cyborg Nazi soldiers around the time of WWII why not cellphones in the 80s?

Nah WWII Nazi Cyborgs I can believe, but my friend suggested it happened due to Magic so I'ma go with what he said =V
Gonna tell my bro to get my The last 2 volumes of Part 3 before he returns from UK.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Is that a serious translation?

Fun fact: a long, long time ago I started working on a silly little point and click adventure using sprites ripped from this game. It starred Jotaro, and started with you stuck inside the bathroom.
The Games Factory wasn't the best tool for such a thing, though.

Stinky

Just finished part 2 (manga)

Woooooow.

Loved it. Caesar's sacrifice was incredible but not as incredible as that final battle. Cyborg nazi, vampire army, killer squirrels, Jojo fighting the ultimate being Cars.

Definitely better than part 1. Better art, better Jojo, better story.

I looked at everyones parts ranking on the first page and it seems the best is yet to come. Though a lot of people ranked Battle Tendency very high - but it was very good so I'm sure it deserves it.

Stinky

Battle tendency is probably one of the best. Part 3 is good but it pales compared to part 2 and 4.

cool.

I'm wondering now if I should skip to 4 (which has good scans) and watch the new anime when it comes back (since part 3 is pretty much confirmed right?).

Of course part 3 OVAs exist but the new anime looks so bitchin. Buying the Viz releases for part 3 is also an option but a couple of the volumes are out of print and I heard they changed names and censored stuff.

Lirlond

I wouldn't skip, there's a lot of little things in part 3 that you're assumed to know in part 4. Its also a good read in itself.

Well, I'm talking only about the spelling, no way that god knows what number rebooted universe's son of Jonathan is actually canon along with all that other crazy shit, but it's not like that automatically makes a spelling wrong.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Guys, is Jorge Joestar the official spelling?

George Joestar the Second is Joseph's Father.

Jorge Joestar is the counter part to George Joestar II in an alternative universe loop in the far far future. The difference in the spelling is due to George being born in the US/UK, while Jorge was boring in South America.

laaame

cool.

I'm wondering now if I should skip to 4 (which has good scans) and watch the new anime when it comes back (since part 3 is pretty much confirmed right?).

Of course part 3 OVAs exist but the new anime looks so bitchin. Buying the Viz releases for part 3 is also an option but a couple of the volumes are out of print and I heard they changed names and censored stuff.

When you hear part 4 has good scans your are hearing it ironically or the retranslations. Part 4's original scans were infamously bad (or amazing if you like engrish). The retranslation is somewhat close to being done so if you read Part 3 now then you will probably get a completed retranslation of Part 4 by the time you catch up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom