• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT PART 2| How many threads have you opened in your life?

Baby Driver for some reason gives me 'live action JoJo' vibes :p

I totally got that impression around the beginning with the identical car tunnel trick, Baby not giving a single fuck about having his shades slapped off of him, and the Monica character having a sudden offhand remark about the Jamie Fox character giving her a funny look, and pretty much the rest of the movie in general

In the Jojo world both the Miami Dolphins and the KKK exist. I don't even think HxH mentioned the KKK.

In chapter 340 of HxH we learn of the EyeTube video-sharing site, and in 350 - BAM. Facebox.

Also Jappon, Egypersia...

caliph95

Ehh Ruroni Kenshin movies are good and the Ass Class ones are fun.

Money.

Money since the jump live action adaptations of there properties have made bank for them so far and they decided to use one of there more popular ones.

Honestly if there gonna do live action JoJo movies, just do Part 1 first.
I should watch the ass class then I love the amine

Ray Down

Banned
Whoa whoa hold up

There's a live action ass class movie and I haven't watched it? What am I doing wrong to not have known about it?

There actually 2.

Assassination_Classroom_%28film%29_poster.jpeg

Assassination_Classroom_Graduation_poster.jpeg

So...is it safe to assume that Pucci essentially won?

Not really. He killed everyone and fucked everyone's shit up hard, but he didn't accomplish what he wanted in the end -- he didn't 'achieve Heaven'. In order to have done so, he needed to loop all the way back to Cape Canaveral, and Emporio stopped him before he did.

So everyone lost.

Not really. He killed everyone and fucked everyone's shit up hard, but he didn't accomplish what he wanted in the end -- he didn't 'achieve Heaven'. In order to have done so, he needed to loop all the way back to Cape Canaveral, and Emporio stopped him before he did.

So everyone lost.
He 95% won then.

He 95% won then.

As far as Pucci is concerned, he accomplished nothing.
His goal wasn't to kill the team, it was to get to Heaven. He didn't get to Heaven. He even begged Emporio, "Hey I'll let you kill me, as long as you just let me finish this, I don't care after that I only fought you guys because you got in my way". I'd say he 100% lost.

His Stand name should TOTALLY have been "In the End"

As far as Pucci is concerned, he accomplished nothing.
His goal wasn't to kill the team, it was to get to Heaven. He didn't get to Heaven. He even begged Emporio, "Hey I'll let you kill me, as long as you just let me finish this, I don't care after that I only fought you guys because you got in my way". I'd say he 100% lost.

His Stand name should TOTALLY have been "In the End"
I'm used to "winning" being he killed everybody...I guess since he didn't do what he wanted to do he lost then. I mean he won more than everybody else, but I do get what you mean.
Well
Emporio
won and I guess
Anansui
True loser is FF...

cntr

Banned
Pucci lost.
Made in Heaven allows you to erase people from existence, which is what he did to everybody but Emporio in the first loop.

However, in the second loop, he's killed by Weather/Emporio, erasing him from existence. That resulted in a world where Jotaro was a better dad, Weather grew up with his real parents, Hermes's sister survived, and Anasui was a better person, since those were indirectly tied to Pucci existing.

But, remember when Jolyne offered to bring FF back to life with her stand disc? She refused because that wouldn't be the real FF, it would be a separate person who had a different life, and that's why she doesn't show up in the new universe. It wouldn't be what she wanted.

So everybody in Stone Ocean really did die. They have counterparts in the new universe, but they're not the same people.

So Pucci did lose. But Jolyne didn't win either.

I'm used to "winning" being he killed everybody...I guess since he didn't do what he wanted to do he lost then. I mean he won more than everybody else, but I do get what you mean.

True loser is FF...

Yeah, Part 6 and 7 both have this element.

Part of why I LOVE part 7 so much is because it's so much more unclear in this regard. The characters aren't really motivated by "He's the bad guy so let's go punch him", but all of the characters all have their own goals and motivations, and whether a character is an ally to the protagonists or an enemy really depends on what's actually going on at that moment. It's all so good, I love it.

And there are very few "evil for evil's sake" characters to boot.

EDIT:
What cntr said really nails it. It's why when Stone Ocean ended, it was so bittersweet -- I didn't know whether to laugh or smile, and that really stuck with me. I was just in disbelief for like an hour, like surely that didn't just happen? It's so perfect, yet so terrible all at once.

Pucci lost.
Made in Heaven allows you to erase people from existence, which is what he did to everybody but Emporio in the first loop.

However, in the second loop, he's killed by Weather/Emporio, erasing him from existence. That resulted in a world where Jotaro was a better dad, Weather grew up with his real parents, Hermes's sister survived, and Anasui was a better person, since those were indirectly tied to Pucci existing.

But, remember when Jolyne offered to bring FF back to life with her stand disc? She refused because that wouldn't be the real FF, it would be a separate person who had a different life, and that's why she doesn't show up in the new universe. It wouldn't be what she wanted.

So everybody in Stone Ocean really did die. They have counterparts in the new universe, but they're not the same people.

So Pucci did lose. But Jolyne didn't win either.
It's hard for me to believe that Pucci's existence had that much of an effect on the universe. I can understand the stuff with Pucci and Weather turning out different because Pucci's actions had an effect on that, but does this mean without Pucci the events of SDC didn't happen?

caliph95

Part of why I LOVE part 7 so much is because it's so much more unclear in this regard. The characters aren't really motivated by "He's the bad guy so let's go punch him", but all of the characters all have their own goals and motivations, and whether a character is an ally to the protagonists or an enemy really depends on what's actually going on at that moment. It's all so good, I love it.

It's kinda why I love
Diego compared to Dio
and what makes imo the best part. He'll even the Jojo
isn't necessarily a good guy and kind of an asshole even compared to Jotaro well until possibly the end

EDIT:
What cntr said really nails it. It's why when Stone Ocean ended, it was so bittersweet -- I didn't know whether to laugh or smile, and that really stuck with me. I was just in disbelief for like an hour, like surely that didn't just happen? It's so perfect, yet so terrible all at once.
It's weird for me since the characters I grew attached to are dead. They're alive at the end, but they aren't the same people. I think it's actually the Wolf's Rain ending. Sure they're alive, but they ain't the same people.

It's hard for me to believe that Pucci's existence had that much of an effect on the universe. I can understand the stuff with Pucci and Weather turning out different because Pucci's actions had an effect on that, but does this mean without Pucci the events of SDC didn't happen?
No, it meant that Jotaro didn't have to be distant with Jolyne, as Pucci wasn't there trying to go after his family. It's implied that Jotaro knows about Pucci, maybe not *who* Pucci is, but that someone is out there.

It's kinda why I love
Diego compared to Dio
and what makes imo the best part. He'll even the Jojo
isn't necessarily a good guy and kind of an asshole even compared to Jotaro well until possibly the end

Part 7 Spoiler
Yup. Diego was amazing, still Dio, but in a more believable and interesting way. Jonny was also selfish -- he knew that in the end, the antagonist was right, but didn't care anyway; he wanted revenge for what he did, which is why he even entertained the idea of the gambit at the end. So, so good. Not just "you're the bad guy I'm gonna kick your ass.

That's exactly the genius of it, and I think it even loops around the whole theme of Jojo in the first place -- The original group fought their asses off, and while they died, they ended up building a "better" life for their alternate reality selves. They passed the torch to a new generation, so to speak.

cntr

Banned
Pucci didn't have a big influence on the world in general, but nearly everything in Stone Ocean is related to him in some way. Like, for example. Hermes's sister died because of Sports Maxx, who was only there because of Pucci.

Everything from Part 1 to 5 still happened, though Dio (and indirectly Jotaro) would've been different without Pucci. It's implied that Dio's empire was partly maintained by Pucci, so Pucci not existing would let Jotaro be a real dad since he's not busy fighting Stands anymore.

...also, the new universe isn't the same as the SBR universe.

caliph95

No, it meant that Jotaro didn't have to be distant with Jolyne, as Pucci wasn't there trying to go after his family. It's implied that Jotaro knows about Pucci, maybe not *who* Pucci is, but that someone is out there.

Part 7 Spoiler
Yup. Diego was amazing, still Dio, but in a more believable and interesting way. Jonny was also selfish -- he knew that in the end, the antagonist was right, but didn't care anyway; he wanted revenge for what he did, which is why he even entertained the idea of the gambit at the end. So, so good. Not just "you're the bad guy I'm gonna kick your ass.

That's exactly the genius of it, and I think it even loops around the whole theme of Jojo in the first place -- The original group fought their asses off, and while they died, they ended up building a "better" life for their alternate reality selves. They passed the torch to a new generation, so to speak.
It's also why for revenge Johnny kept attacking even after he knew innocent people would be killed as a result

Pretty Pucci is why jotaro gave Jolene a stand

Pucci didn't have a big influence on the world in general, but nearly everything in Stone Ocean is related to him in some way. Like, for example. Hermes's sister died because of Sports Maxx, who was only there because of Pucci.

Everything from Part 1 to 5 still happened, though Dio (and indirectly Jotaro) would've been different without Pucci. It's implied that Dio's empire was partly maintained by Pucci, so Pucci not existing would let Jotaro be a real dad since he's not busy fighting Stands anymore.

...also, the new universe isn't the same as the SBR universe.
This makes me wonder what happened to Giorno.

cntr

Banned
If you work the timing out, Pucci went to Dio in the middle of SDC, and the balls that led up to Part 4 and 5 were already rolling by then. Giorno and Josuke already existed, and Diavolo and Yoshihiro had their arrows.

Polnareff and Jotaro might've been a bit different, but otherwise it'd play out about the same.

caliph95

Giorno is alive somewhere either unaware or confused as all hell on why Narancia is a girl and smart and Abacchio is alive and his nicest friend

Also since when did he have a cousin Josuke or grand nephew

If you work the timing out, Pucci went to Dio in the middle of SDC, and the balls that led up to Part 4 and 5 were already rolling by then. Giorno and Josuke already existed, and Diavolo and Yoshihiro had their arrows.

Polnareff and Jotaro might've been a bit different, but otherwise they'd play out about the same.
So pretty much Pucci and Dio were talking in bed during the middle of SDC when Jotaro was fighting for his life? Interesting. I always kind of assumed that stuff took place a year or two beforehand.
Giorno is alive somewhere either unaware or confused as all hell on why Narancia is a girl and smart and Abacchio is alive and his nicest friend
I need to see this.

cntr

Banned
Yup. That also means that Pucci and Weather's backstory happened around the beginning of SDC.

While Jotaro and co. were trekking along Asia, snails were happening.

Yup. That also means that Pucci and Weather's backstory happened around the beginning of SDC.

While Jotaro and co. were trekking along Asia, snails were happening.
tumblr_inline_o32bo9Ar4Q1txfpa2_540.png

Man Pucci is so much better than Diavolo. Dio had quite the impact on this story, even if he was dead. I also like the design of Part 6 Dio. He's less swole but still pretty.
Ahem get it right they were no actual snails that's just the rainbows
It's a subliminal message that doesn't effect blind people.

caliph95

tumblr_inline_o32bo9Ar4Q1txfpa2_540.png

Man Pucci is so much better than Diavolo. Dio had quite the impact on this story, even if he was dead. I also like the design of Part 6 Dio. He's less swole but still pretty.

It's a subliminal message that doesn't effect blind people.
And Snail Eaters but butterflies are affected

Top Bottom