• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT PART 2| How many threads have you opened in your life?

So pretty much Pucci and Dio were talking in bed during the middle of SDC when Jotaro was fighting for his life? Interesting. I always kind of assumed that stuff took place a year or two beforehand.

I need to see this.

Koichi is a chick now or some shit.

Also, fukken snails.

caliph95

Bird snails are fucking hilarious.

Also Weather's Stand is broken as fuck.
I do wonder if the snail eaters actually ate people.

It's one of the most broken non requiem stand, hell it might as well be one

It's why he was absent at the beginning after getting injured for long and why he was away from Jolene and friends

cntr

Banned
tumblr_o86hq6DrND1r7vuzlo2_1280.png

tumblr_o86hq6DrND1r7vuzlo1_1280.png

I do wonder if the snail eaters actually ate people.

It's one of the most broken non requiem stand, hell it might as well be one

It's why he was absent at the beginning after getting injured for long and why he was away from Jolene and friends
"Yo Weather make an air bubble around his head and then suck all of the oxygen out of it." Fucking fight over.

Heavy Weather was some bullshit but I loved the way that got explained
and how Pucci solved it. SUBLIMINAL MESSAGES FROM THE SUN.

Tizoc

Real talk
Part 9 should have a female JoJo and be about how governments and/or secret orginization knows about Stands and tries to use them for their own agendas.
Bonus points for having it set in a futuristic setting.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Can't be any crazier than Parts 5 or 6.
There's one segment in the later half of part 7 that's up there with parts 5 and 6 in terms of "wait, who did what now?" and there are a few weird Stands. Overall, though, it's not nearly as crazy as the last third of part 6 (from Bohemian Rhapsody to the ending).

caliph95

Does Johnny get blasted into space naked surrounded by wildlife?
...This panel makes no sense.
Funny Valentine: Did you plan this too, Johnny ?! Tell me!
Johnny: Why are you even asking!? I set a trap and you walked right into it! All of this went down like clockwork!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I was reading this interview with Charles Martinet, voice of Mario, and...

As well as live-action performing, you have voiced dozens of cartoons. You have spoken as Moses, King Arthur and the jungle swinging Tarzan. What other animated characters and shows that have featured your voice acting?

CM> OHH that's a tuff one. You know? I've done a lot of cartoons that are broadcast overseas, and sold in stores. I just did JOJO, a Japanimation. And I did some voices in a pilot for Saturday Morning TV called "Iron Boy". I HOPE that flies! I'd LOVE to do a weekly show!!!!! I love all my voice and acting work! It is so FUN.

He was Senator Wilson Phillips in the OVA!

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I think my favorite stand design is Cinderella from part 4. That design has always been fucking badass looking to me.

Ionic

To be fair 7 and 8 are relatively in some ways grounded compared to 5 and 6
But still bizarre

I think part 8 is both the most grounded part and the most bizarre part simultaneously. Part 8 has a bunch of moments where the characters are just living life that seems fairly subdued and realistic, but you get these flashes of really Jojo moments and personality traits that just seem magnified because of the grounded setting. Like, the characters in Jojolion are in some kind of uncanny valley of normalness that actually makes them just super bizarre. I love it personally.

Alright, maybe snails are peak bizarre, but part 8 still has
"I made the bus look like my dad"

caliph95

Hey is this the part where we all post D4C joke names again

Being serious I love Filthy Acts at a Reasonable Price
https://skyholic.tumblr.com/post/162579478844/crimes-for-dimes-filthy-acts-at-a-reasonable

Crimes for Dimes
Filthy Acts at a Reasonable Price
Filthy Favors for a Fair Fee
Unclean Proceedings for a Low Cost
Shitty Edits with Average Photoshop Skills
Kindly Deeds Done for Free
Dastardly Doings Delivered for Dollars and Cents
Bad Shit from the Bargain Bin
Unethical Doings for Frugal Individuals
Sinister Shenanigans Supplied at Satisfactory Rates
Unclean Undertakings Ushered Under Budget
Garbage Shitpost with No Effort
Thirty Thieves and the Thunder Chief
Salacious Schemes Sold for a Steal
Dirty Seeds Done Dirt Kids
Unlawful Doings Done Inexpensively
Unrefined Actions Performed Poorly Priced
Cost-efficient Objectives Performed Rather Cheaply
Alright, maybe snails are peak bizarre, but part 8 still has
"I made the bus look like my dad"
Oh God I remember that

Like how are snails, Bohemian Rhapsody, Made in Heaven and Gold Experience Requiem...and Giorno's bullshit in general not peak bizarre Jojo?

cntr

Banned
I didn't mind the early parts of SBR, but yeah it's nothing compared to what comes after.

Though the Stage 1 race was pretty great, imo.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't mind the early parts of SBR, but yeah it's nothing compared to what comes after.

Though the Stage 1 race was pretty great, imo.
The chapters introducing the main characters and the early chapters focusing on the race are good, but the quality of the early encounters is all over the place. I don't think anyone fondly remembers
Mrs. Robinson
and some of the early Stand battles,
like "I'm going to drink this pen ink now" kid with Beach Boy 2.0
, aren't that great.

The
Oyecomova
fight is the first one that I really enjoyed, and chapter
is when SBR begins to become something special.

cntr

Banned
...man, maybe I shouldn't bring this up, but SBR is going to come across so weird once the anime rolls around, after recent events.

Valentine literally says "I will make America great!" at one point.

Top Bottom