• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jon Bones Jones NSAC suspension extended after two positive tests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
ESPN

The Nevada State Athletic Commission extended a temporary suspension for Jon Jones on Monday and revealed two banned substances that the UFC star tested positive for in the process.

According to the NSAC's complaint, an out-of-competition sample provided by Jones on June 16 tested positive for clomiphene, which is listed as an anti-estrogenic substance on the banned list, and traces of letrozole, an aromatase inhibitor, which work to prevent the synthesis of androgens such as testosterone into estrogen.

The Nevada district attorney's office informed the NSAC of a potential hearing date around September of October.

Platy

How was this dude not permanently banned yet ?

Dude's list of suspensions are bigger than the list of his elbow KOs !

Fox318

giphy.gif

Cardon

Kinda not up to date with the uses of certain drugs/pills/etc., so based on what Jones got popped for was he straight up juicing? Or was it a mild whoops sort of thing?

Malvolio

This could only have been better if someone narc'd on him.

"I’m no angel, but I was always the kid who snitched on the kids who had pot." - Jon Jones

Kinda not up to date with the uses of certain drugs/pills/etc., so based on what Jones got popped for was he straight up juicing? Or was it a mild whoops sort of thing?

it wasn't actual roids.

but there is no reason for him to take the 2 drugs he got caught for, unless he just got off of a cycle

beasty

I wonder if UFC is regretting working with USADA. Almost every fighter of note has been caught or flagged for something by USADA.

I know people are gonna trample Bones for this but many ex fighters have said the majority of MMA fighters are on something. If everyone around you is taking something that gives them an advantage, why would you not take it to level the playing field.

Chael Sonnen on Rogan talked about this; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAnLPKGbytU

It's a long watch but a great podcast. I didn't know that about estrogen blockers! It was also interesting hearing Chaels side with regards to what the comission did to Wanderlei and how him and Chael were the first to have that manner of testing.
Chael is always a hoot and always full of trolling shit. Particularyl the Trump bits! xD

Am I disappointed about Jones? Yes I am. I wanted to believe that he had been lifting hard and was going to beat these demons.

Dude is an awesome fighter. This is a shitty way to see him go. I wish this PED culture would go away. It is fucking everything up. Clamping down hard is the best way to discourage it. Brock Lesnar should never even been allowed to enter the UFC in the first place with the amount of roids he's always obviously taken, for example.

This shit is a bad example for kids and is a self perpetuating cycle because their heroes roid and its somehow become normalized in some aspect of sports culture.

The best example I can think of in how roids can tarnish a sport is in baseball. I feel bad for true legends like Hank Aaron who put in the work to be shit on by guys who have juiced the latter half of their careers. Hank was a steady trim 185 lbs his whole career and consistently hit north of 40 home runs a season. An excellent example of what a true natural athlete legend can achieve.

AaronB

It's tragic; Jones is possibly the greatest of all time, and could have solidified that status within the time he's been suspended. If he's suspended for two years, his greatest rival Daniel Cormier. will be 39. Their rivalry will feel incomplete, even though Jones won a clear decision in their first fight. We haven't yet seen Jones in a rematch, but there's a huge lack of top young talent in the division, so a 2nd fight with Cormier and then a Gus rematch and a fight with Rumble would have been it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom