• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jonathan Hickman’s New Avengers / Avengers |OT| Thanos is in this (Spoilers)

Fucking illumanti, letting their own planet die because of their damn morals. Praise Namor.

Glad to hear that Reed not including Doom in on everything came back to bite them in the ass

I'm only up to the issues that are on Marvel Unlimited, what happened during the 8 month timeskip?

Fucking illumanti, letting their own planet die because of their damn morals. Praise Namor.

Glad to hear that Reed not including Doom in on everything came back to bite them in the ass

I'm only up to the issues that are on Marvel Unlimited, what happened during the 8 month timeskip?

Shit went DOWN. Everything is fucked

Is the whole broken timeline super arc (as per Ultron crossover) also a part of this or is it a separate super arc going on right now?

That seems to be more of an Uncanny Avengers plotline. it's been resolved there- sorta.

Oh snap, an OT for the current New Avengers run?

My copy of this run's first trade arrived yesterday. I was planning on starting it next week, but maybe I can bump it up to "as soon as I finish All-Star Superman."

Mudcrab

After catching up myself on NA 24, this bears repeating:

DOOM TOO GOOD
DOOM TOO GOOD
DOOM TOO GOOD

I mean that last page...

Also on that note, holy shit at
DOOM reverse engineering the fragment and maybe finding the source of the incursions

You need to read that most recent issue man.

It took this to mean he could trace the Mapmakers not the Incursion source.

Still hard to believe we get all that from one issue.

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
Where's John Steed?

Pffft, imposters!

PsychBat!

Banned

Praise Namor???! It's Namor's fault that the Cabal is what it is. The whole thing backfired in his face more than Reed not asking Doom for help.
And now since the Cabal is running loose like that, Namor goes to ask Doom for help like the little wimp he is. Even Doom noticed that he was less than a man.

Namor is fucked.

That seems to be more of an Uncanny Avengers plotline. it's been resolved there- sorta.

Captain America's group sure did get fucked with Thor losing his hammer and Steve an old man.

I can only guess the Cabal is responsible for that crazy shit?
Praise Namor???! It's Namor's fault that the Cabal is what it is. The whole thing backfired in his face more than Reed not asking Doom for help.
And now since the Cabal is running loose like that, Namor goes to ask Doom for help like the little wimp he is. Even Doom noticed that he was less than a man.

Namor is fucked.

like I said, I'm only up to the issues on MU, I have no idea what the Cabal is doing. So for me, im still in praise Namor mode.

Dalek

Namor's Cabal basically revel in the ability to go hogwild and destroy the other universes, essentially torturing and killing the heroes there-there's no downside or repercussions. It eventually gets to Namor and he goes to Doom for help basically putting the toothpaste back in the tube-to which Doom declines. Doom has his own research going on behind the scenes, and recovered some rock from one of the other universes and based on that has reverse-engineered it to trace the origin of the incursions. Also-Wakanda is basically fucked up. Again.

Over in Avengers-The remaining Avengers are essentially all working under SHIELD and they are on the hunt for The Illumanati - who now include Hank Pym and Amadeus Cho in their ranks-who are in hiding. And who's in charge of this manhunt? Sue Richards.

All praise Doom-our savior.

Fuck Namor.

The BP storyline...wow

yeah I don't even know what to say there.

RIP Wakanda and everyone in it. And the world willingly sold it out to the Cabal, holy shit

Captain America's group sure did get fucked with Thor losing his hammer and Steve an old man.

I can only guess the Cabal is responsible for that crazy shit?

Read the most recent issue of Avengers if you haven't. Cap's group isn't the one in trouble.

the illuminati are the fugitives, hunted down like dogs. The world appears to have sold out wakanda to the Cabal and *knows* they're blowing earths up. WTF

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Namor's Cabal basically revel in the ability to go hogwild and destroy the other universes, essentially torturing and killing the heroes there-there's no downside or repercussions. It eventually gets to Namor and he goes to Doom for help basically putting the toothpaste back in the tube-to which Doom declines. Doom has his own research going on behind the scenes, and recovered some rock from one of the other universes and based on that has reverse-engineered it to trace the origin of the incursions. Also-Wakanda is basically fucked up. Again.

Over in Avengers-The remaining Avengers are essentially all working under SHIELD and they are on the hunt for The Illumanati - who now include Hank Pym and Amadeus Cho in their ranks-who are in hiding. And who's in charge of this manhunt? Sue Richards.

Well, who else would you ask to track down Reed? She knows him best.

PsychBat!

Banned
I don't know what Doom's final plans are as they include deceit and cunning. And the outcome is that Doom is the only winner. Soooo..... I don't know.

Sadist

About the latest Avengers...
Captain Marvel, Hawkeye and War Machine join SHIELD as well. I wonder if other heroes join up with Hill. Well next to Sue Richards I mean.

All praise Doom-our savior.

yeah I don't even know what to say there.

RIP Wakanda and everyone in it. And the world willingly sold it out to the Cabal, holy shit

Read the most recent issue of Avengers if you haven't. Cap's group isn't the one in trouble.

the illuminati are the fugitives, hunted down like dogs. The world appears to have sold out wakanda to the Cabal and *knows* they're blowing earths up. WTF
So why are the Avengers hunting down the illuminati instead of the Cabal?

well they could be doing both i guess, though I'd probably focus all my resources on whatever group fucking Thanos is in

Yo

tumblr_m9wb4llab41r6ac1io1_500.gif

Doom comin ya'll

About the latest Avengers...
Captain Marvel, Hawkeye and War Machine join SHIELD as well. I wonder if other heroes join up with Hill. Well next to Sue Richards I mean.

Probably. I can't imagine any scenario where Danvers, Hawkeye, Falcon, and Sue Richards join up against Reed and Tony and everyone else just sits it out. Cap is a million years old and likely working with Falcon. Thor and Hyperion seem to be doing something involving dimension crossing? maybe? they're not fugitives.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

The Cabal would kick their teeth in. Also they probably think Reed and co might be close to figuring out a way to stop it or at the very least they want all the information on the incursions that they have.

well they could be doing i guess, though I'd probably focus all my resources on whatever group fucking Thanos is in

nobody knows yet.

But the group Thanos is in, is the only one keeping the world alive. The incursions are public knowlege now apparently. Why would they "focus their resources" on him? so they can die faster?

Sadist

Probably. I can't imagine any scenario where Danvers, Hawkeye, Falcon, and Sue Richards join up against Reed and Tony and everyone else just sits it out. Cap is a million years old and likely working with Falcon. Thor and Hyperion seem to be doing something involving dimension crossing? maybe? they're not fugitives.
I kinda made a joke about SHIELD vs Avengers, but I'm guessing I'm not far off hehe.

The deal with Thor and Hyperion was a bit strange.

Edit:
Reed had one hell of a beard when he talked to T'Challa during the fall of Wakanda. Wonder how long he and the other Iluminati are running from SHIELD.

I dunno, I think they're just mad at them for destroying worlds. I can't wait to hear the reason about why SHIELD is hunting them though.

That doesn't make sense, because

they KNOW Thanos is out there destroying worlds, and literally gave them Wakanda and all the antimatter bombs in it to help them do it. Odds are the illuminati tried to stop the cabal from blowing planets up, and the rest of the world turned on them. This would explain why the illuminati have new members including captain britain and amadeus cho, people who might not be on board with Thanos going on a murder spree and sympathize

Can we talk about how utterly brutal the Cabal is?
"I blame you, Father Charles."

I would rather talk about how Doom apparently
somehow managed to resurrect the one dude on marvel earth that can beat the shit out of Thanos, and has him on a leash. Doom vs. Cabal? Always bet on Doom.

Mudcrab

I would rather talk about how Doom apparently
somehow managed to resurrect the one dude on marvel earth that can beat the shit out of Thanos, and has him on a leash. Doom vs. Cabal? Always bet on Doom.

How do you know it's 616 MM? I saw a bridge like Reed's in that lab.

nobody knows yet.

But the group Thanos is in, is the only one keeping the world alive. The incursions are public knowlege now apparently. Why would they "focus their resources" on him? so they can die faster?

well I'd assume they'd want to take down the Cabal for the same reason Cap wanted to take down the illuminati when they were the ones blowing up worlds.

How do you know it's 616 MM? I saw a bridge like Reads in that lab.

Might not be, but does it matter? either way he has one.

well I'd assume they'd want to take down the Cabal for the same reason Cap wanted to take down the illuminati when they were the ones blowing up worlds.

The illuminati were operating in secret, hiding the whole thing from everyone. It doesn't look like that's the case anymore, and the world has collectively taken the stance that other worlds have to die here.

Mudcrab

Idealism. You assume everyone would be willing to fight Thanos to prevent him from saving the world.

IS this a different Terrax? He is surprisingly lucid.

Yes the alternate Terrax. The Truly Enlightened. He finally gets to do what he loves most.

PsychBat!

Banned
That doesn't make sense, because

they KNOW Thanos is out there destroying worlds, and literally gave them Wakanda and all the antimatter bombs in it to help them do it. Odds are the illuminati tried to stop the cabal from blowing planets up, and the rest of the world turned on them. This would explain why the illuminati have new members including captain britain and amadeus cho, people who might not be on board with Thanos going on a murder spree and sympathize
But it doesn't make sense. It starts with Cap always arguing that committing to necessary evil is wrong, no matter how dire the situation. Now that Cap remembers Strange mindwiped him, he's angry and wants to hunt the Illuminati down because he thinks they have done the ultimate atrocity (not to mention that his trust for Tony is destroyed). The problem is that the heroes are now letting the Cabal do what they have been doing ever since Namor assembled them now that everyone knows.

I would call that a necessary evil and something that would not sit well with Cap at all. This leads me to believe that something happened to Cap. He would've fought the Cabal to the very end.

Something stinks here.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So what I'm seeing is that Jonathan Hickman's ridiculous sci-fi universe threatening bullshit is now the center of the Marvel universe instead of being contained within S.H.I.E.L.D (did that even finish) or Fantastic Four's little corner.

Is that about right?

Sold.

Fucking sold.

Sign me up, where are the back issues, what do I have to REEEEAAAAAD

But it doesn't make sense. It starts with Cap always arguing that committing to necessary evil is wrong, no matter how dire the situation. Now that Cap remembers Strange mindwiped him, he's angry and wants to hunt the Illuminati down because he thinks they have done the ultimate atrocity (not to mention that his trust for Tony is destroyed). The problem is that the heroes are now letting the Cabal do what they have been doing ever since Namor assembled them now that everyone knows.

I would call that a necessary evil and something that would not sit well with Cap at all. This leads me to believe that something happened to Cap. He would've fought the Cabal to the very end.

Something stinks here.

except we know who the "new" illuminati are, and cap isn't with them. Everyone cap assembled to take the illuminati out 8 months ago are now working with SHIELD and presumably complicit in whatever the Cabal is doing.

We haven't seen cap yet, but it's very, very unlikely he's on an island by himself and not working with Falcon and Danvers.

there's definitely more to this.

Top Bottom