• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jonathan Hickman’s New Avengers / Avengers |OT| Thanos is in this (Spoilers)

Korten

Banned
So- if I understand it correctly they were destroying worlds to save their own. Would the MCU technically be one of those worlds? :O

So- if I understand it correctly they were destroying worlds to save their own. Would the MCU technically be one of those worlds? :O

I don't think the MCU has canonically been established to be within the marvel multiverse. If it is (a definite possibility) then it's one of millions. might take the cabal a while to get around to it.

it's fucked the second they find it though, the power gap is just too wide.

Neoxon

So, do you guys think a reboot will come out of this arc?

As for me, they wouldn't be doing female Thor or Falcon Cap now, only to have the universe rebooted soon after.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Oh man, I will laugh so hard if this is how the Ultimate Universe finally goes out. Curb stomped by The Cabal. Oh lord, this needs to happen so badly. Please based Hickman, please I beg of you.

So, do you guys think a reboot will come out of this arc?

As for me, they wouldn't be doing female Thor or Falcon Cap now, only to have the universe rebooted soon after.

I'm hoping this is how we're finally rid of the Ultimate Universe. Please oh please get fucked up old school by The Cabal.

Mudcrab

It could be. It is part of the multiverse and has its own numbered designation. Wouldn't bet on it.

I know right, I was like who are these jambronis? Then i looked closer and was like holy shit!!

Never would I have guessed that one day Thanos
would murder Supreme Hyperion
. Or that I would enjoy it that much.

Style

Banned
This turned out to be a good series. I should not have stopped at issue 4. Can I just read up to the latest issue and be up to date or are there tie-in issues from other series? And if so is there a list of these somewhere?

Slayven

I don't think the MCU has canonically been established to be within the marvel multiverse. If it is (a definite possibility) then it's one of millions. might take the cabal a while to get around to it.

it's fucked the second they find it though, the power gap is just too wide.

MCU is Earth-199999, Young Avengers went there off panel.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
this sounds awesome, I really need to get a Marvel Unlimited subscription

I would get one in a heartbeat if I owned an ipad :/

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
This turned out to be a good series. I should not have stopped at issue 4. Can I just read up to the latest issue and be up to date or is there tie-in issues from other series? And so is there a list of these somewhere?

You should be reading Avengers along side it and the Infinity event as both Avengers titles tie into it. It's all totally worth it though.

Dalek

I have to honestly say-I have no idea on Earth how this will ever get resolved. The only thing I can think of is that Doom finds out how this all started and finds a way to un-do it.

Yeah, from the Supreme Power universe.

It's one of them, the one that appears in supreme power. There is more than one squadron supreme.

And Doctor strange just obliterated a Justice League lookalike two issues ago! Someone really wants to kick DC in the junk

Ah, okay. Thanks. I'd read somewhere that it was them.

Also, oh my God. Imagine if the Cabal gets loose in Ultimate Marvel U.

That doesn't make sense, because

they KNOW Thanos is out there destroying worlds, and literally gave them Wakanda and all the antimatter bombs in it to help them do it. Odds are the illuminati tried to stop the cabal from blowing planets up, and the rest of the world turned on them. This would explain why the illuminati have new members including captain britain and amadeus cho, people who might not be on board with Thanos going on a murder spree and sympathize

I would rather talk about how Doom apparently
somehow managed to resurrect the one dude on marvel earth that can beat the shit out of Thanos, and has him on a leash. Doom vs. Cabal? Always bet on Doom.

and who is that person?

The Cabal must be feeling like they're in heaven, they'be been granted a license to kill, torture, and blow up planets all they want.

Good for them I say.

I have to honestly say-I have no idea on Earth how this will ever get resolved. The only thing I can think of is that Doom finds out how this all started and finds a way to un-do it.

The incursions started with the birth of Rabum Alal, whoever that is. caused the early death of the first earth and everything cascaded from there.

Find him, do him like they did to Abraxas. Shoot him with the ultimate nullifier- boom. he never existed, incursions never happened, all earths are saved.

Marvel you can just send me my fee through paypal, no personal checks

and who is that person?

the molecule man. Assuming he's sane (he wasn't when sentry took him out) he's the most powerful human in existence.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Reed and the Illuminati are probably going to have to team up with DOOM. They've both been working the problem from different ends so together they may just have a wide enough of a view of the incursions to figure out what's causing them. From there it's just a matter of fixing it.

The incursions started with the birth of Rabum Alal, whoever that is. caused the early death of the first earth and everything cascaded from there.

Find him, do him like they did to Abraxas. Shoot him with the ultimate nullifier- boom. he never existed, incursions never happened, all earths are saved.

Marvel you can just send me my fee through paypal, no personal checks

But what if Rabum Alal isn't a person but an event?

Mudcrab

This turned out to be a good series. I should not have stopped at issue 4. Can I just read up to the latest issue and be up to date or are there tie-in issues from other series? And if so is there a list of these somewhere?

Here's an image I found:

OMvXvhU.jpg

after that just read Avengers and New Avengers until you catch up.

Reed and the Illuminati are probably going to have to team up with DOOM.

Doom is no man's second choice. Doom fixes this one on his own. He's already gotten farther than the illuminati ever have, and has enough power to wipe the mapmakers from existence.

Who needs reed?

Can we talk about why anyone calls Reed the smartest man on the planet? How is it not Doom?

dunno. I've always been in favor of Doom as #1, if for no other reason than Reed is totally useless when it comes to magic and victor isn't.

edit: Doom has mad thinker on his squad in NA #24 though, and that guy is no slouch. questionable whether Doom could have done it all on his own.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It's been referred to as "him" a few times by black swan. unless that's just a really drawn out red herring, it's a singular entity.

But she's never really seen "him". She knows about "him" second hand, from the Black Swans. Even she doesn't have a full view of the incursions. Solving this problem is going to take a full view of what's going on. Between Reed's info and Doom's info they may just have one.

But she's never really seen "him". She knows about "him" second hand, from the Black Swans. Even she doesn't have a full view of the incursions. Solving this problem is going to take a full view of what's going on. Between Reed's info and Doom's info they may just have one.

Doom knows where the mapmakers are- and has enough firepower to blink them all out of existence.

Their data is going to be infinitely more useful in terms of solving this than anything the illuminati have. Hell, Amadeus cho was running around desperately trying to steal back Tony Stark's designs from SHIELD. they don't have shit.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Doom knows where the mapmakers are- and has enough firepower to blink them all out of existence.

Their data is going to be infinitely more useful in terms of solving this than anything the illuminati have. Hell, Amadeus cho was running around desperately trying to steal back Tony Stark's designs from SHIELD. they don't have shit.

We don't know what they have yet, the Illuminati have just been side characters since the time skip. I don't think the mapmakers know too much outside of what Doom could have already gotten from them. They've been portrayed as scavengers, not guys looking to put an end to this.

Clearly we need a Council of Dooms to set everything right, and hopefully they won't fuck around and get embarassed by some celestials.

Dalek

I need to read the other Avengers comic. Is Valeria with Sue or still chillin with Doom?

She's with Doom. Reed came to visit her last issue because he thought the next incurrsion was going to destroy the world-but he didn't tell anyone, he just wanted to see her one last time. Doom chastised him for visiting in the middle of the night. "Doom insists that all children get a good night's sleep."

IrishNinja

#TeamDOOM

yeah, i think mamma might be on point here, shit's getting to where it's gotta be undone, sadly....it'd be balls-out to keep it as status quo though

Also, oh my God. Imagine if the Cabal gets loose in Ultimate Marvel U.

oh man, i'd love for that to be how the Ultimate U ends

We don't know what they have yet, the Illuminati have just been side characters since the time skip. I don't think the mapmakers know too much outside of what Doom could have already gotten from them. They've been portrayed as scavengers, not guys looking to put an end to this.

The mapmakers and the ebon priests are said to be antagonists, with the ebon kings/ivory kings possibly above both of those. The illuminati didn't even know what any of those words even meant, let alone have intimate familiarity with any of them.

All of these groups have been confirmed to be able to view other worlds and other incursions at will via mirrors, and have been skipping around the multiverse for some time now.

There's no reason not to believe the mapmakers have VASTLY more data on the incursions than the illuminati do.

They live in the space between universes and Black Swan is terrified of them. The same can't be said of the Illuminati.

true. At the conclusion of infinity Black Swan laughed off the builders as even a threat after the combined forces of the galaxy barely held them off.

"Yall are all fucked if the SIDERA MADRIS show up, let alone the mapmakers themselves" was pretty much the quote.

Top Bottom