• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jonathan Hickman’s New Avengers / Avengers |OT| Thanos is in this (Spoilers)

How many omnibuses will it likely take to collect Hickman's run (Avengers, New Avengers, Infinity)? 2 or 3?
A few days ago, I was betting on 4 including the existing Infinity volume.

Even if they decided to roll Infinity into an Omnibus collection, there are 83 Hickman issues, 92 if you include SW and 96 if you include non-Hickman annuals and 34.1 and 34.2.
Realistically, I'd say that's three volumes at least.

Mudcrab

Rereading the finales, I noticed Reed's subtle jab at the Illuminati's anti-matter bombs.

NpyLR1c.jpg

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
what are people reading in anticipation of Secret Wars?

i got Marvel Unlimited so i've queued up Future Imperfect and finished reading Ultimate Reed Richards.

also fuck Old Man Cap. what a dumb thing to have done in the middle of such a rad run.

Ohnonono

So in a fit of "this looks kind of cool" I picked up the first 3 trades of New Avengers. Then I found this thread and realized I am sucked down into a comic hole that is a mile wide. I bought the first 2 Avengers trades to go along with it but real talk, if at some point I choose to just read one or the other am I going to lose a ton or not? I usually avoid big super hero stuff because I just like to buy trades for a series and read a persons run on its own but this seems bonkers from the list at the top of the thread. I only buy trades so it will take me a good while to even have it all available but if I read some issues of Avengers, before or after they appear in the timeline am I majorly screwing myself? I mostly was interested in the New Avengers Illuminati madness. Help out a dude who is super new to stuff that is this complicated!

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I bought the first 2 Avengers trades to go along with it but real talk, if at some point I choose to just read one or the other am I going to lose a ton or not?

Well basically, yes. After a while, it's basically one series under two different names.

Ohnonono

Well basically, yes. After a while, it's basically one series under two different names.

Those bastards. This is why I usually stick to my Image stuff :( One series of trades I can keep up with but trying to stagger two of them while also picking up a third mini series (infinity?) is... expensive.

And has Thanos' son come back?
Yeah, Thane showed up in the Black Vortex saga. He even powered up during the event so right now, he's all set up to be this big cosmic villain.

As for 616 Fury, I hope the moon doesn't get destroyed during that final incursion.

jon bones

Yeah, Thane showed up in the Black Vortex saga. He even powered up during the event so right now, he's all set up to be this big cosmic villain.

As for 616 Fury, I hope the moon doesn't get destroyed during that final incursion.

The moon just got partially blasted by Sol's Hammer -_-

SArcher

Banned

Maybe they already killed him with Sol's Hammer by accident?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Those bastards. This is why I usually stick to my Image stuff :( One series of trades I can keep up with but trying to stagger two of them while also picking up a third mini series (infinity?) is... expensive.

If you have a tablet, the cheapest route I see is getting a month free trial of Marvel Unlimited with promo code "Star Wars", read everything on there up till the six month cutoff and buy the recent trades that aren't on there yet after that.

Ohnonono

If you have a tablet, the cheapest route I see is getting a month free trial of Marvel Unlimited with promo code "Star Wars", read everything on there up till the six month cutoff and buy the recent trades that aren't on there yet after that.

I can't read off tablets, gives me a huge headache. I complain about something I now there is a simple solution to :p. I just got the next two Avengers trades because it looks like my New Avengers I have is good for a LONG TIME and the Avengers is a bigger part of the story at the beginning. I can't seem to find Infinity? Is that included in either of the Avengers trades or is that its own thing? That I may end up reading online if I have to because I don't but floppy books.

I can't read off tablets, gives me a huge headache. I complain about something I now there is a simple solution to :p. I just got the next two Avengers trades because it looks like my New Avengers I have is good for a LONG TIME and the Avengers is a bigger part of the story at the beginning. I can't seem to find Infinity? Is that included in either of the Avengers trades or is that its own thing? That I may end up reading online if I have to because I don't but floppy books.

Did you by the hardback or soft back versions of New Avengers? Because if soft back, then that last sentence confuses me. If hardback, there is a hardcover of Infinity as well as the paperback version. It contains the Infinity series as well as the issues from Avengers and New Avengers.

SArcher

Banned

There is a TPB for Infinity but it also includes New Avengers #7-12 (which you already own in New Avengers vol 2) and Avengers #14-23. You would still have to get Avengers vol 3 TPB to get #12-13 though (and basically rebuying #14-17).

So I think it would quite frankly be easier to read the 6 issues of Infinity online (but you really need to read the whole event in order).

Infinity 1
New Avengers 8-9
Avengers 18
Infinity 2
Avengers 19
New Avengers 10
Infinity 3
Avengers 20
Infinity 4
Avengers 21
New Avengers 11
Infinity 5
Avengers 22-23
Infinity 6
New Avengers 12

Fintan

Have the other Marvel series started to catch up with Avengers/New Avengers? Or are they still 8 months behind and they're going to jump ahead for their Last Days issues?

Have the other Marvel series started to catch up with Avengers/New Avengers? Or are they still 8 months behind and they're going to jump ahead for their Last Days issues?
That's entirely unclear. For example, we know that eight months later, Cyclops is the leader of an X-Nation but right now, X-books are pretty much at the opposite of that.

Haha, you're right guys.

He's Fury, he'll eventually come back anyway.

The things Nick would do to Steve and Tony... heck, the things Nick would do to the illuminati...

Dude, Road to Secret Wars is, like, 80+ ish long counting only Aveng, New Aveng and Infinity. If it were a solo book this damn thing woulda taken 8+ years to build up, and that's not counting the F4 stuff.

jon bones

Still not 100% sure what Doom's plan was. If he kills a MM, that universe dies.

Isn't that what the Beyonders want? How will that save anything?

I guess we'll find out more in a couple days...

In the meantime, what's everyones favorite stuff outta this:

NY_BULLETIN_2015_5-61.jpg

Mudcrab

Guys, the Secret Wars OT is almost ready for posting but we're missing a good title. Could use your help with ideas/opinions.

I'll start with, |OT| Everything Ties-In

Via Psych, |OT| Everything (including YOU) Dies!

ghostmind

Guys, the Secret Wars OT is almost ready for posting but we're missing a good title. Could use your help with ideas/opinions.

|OT| Everything (including your wallet) Dies!

Sadist

|OT| ... and then the planets kiss

Still not 100% sure what Doom's plan was. If he kills a MM, that universe dies.

Isn't that what the Beyonders want? How will that save anything?

I guess we'll find out more in a couple days...

In the meantime, what's everyones favorite stuff outta this:
New X-Men is awesome. Planet Hulk is a great read. I love Marvel Zombies for it's pulp value. And there is love and hate, but I really like Old Man Logan. Everything New Avengers is good as well.

jon bones

New X-Men is awesome. Planet Hulk is a great read. I love Marvel Zombies for it's pulp value. And there is love and hate, but I really like Old Man Logan. Everything New Avengers is good as well.

Yeah, I'm a fan of NXM & Planet Hulk.

Maybe I'll give Zombies a read to get more insight into 1610 Reed.

Sadist

I'm pretty sure Ultimate Peter and MJ will bite the bullet.

A lot of the Ultimate universe won't survive, but I kinda want Ultimate May to make the cut. I still thinks she's amazing hehe.

IHaveIce

Banned
I'm pretty sure Ultimate Peter and MJ will bite the bullet.

A lot of the Ultimate universe won't survive, but I kinda want Ultimate May to make the cut. I still thinks she's amazing hehe.

ultimate pete, MJ and may can IMO take the place of current 616 peter :S

What if the UU isn't destroyed but will get mixed or something

Top Bottom