• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT-15| Hybrids are Best for Business

Moa

KxZpZ80.gif

summerslams a coming

Kusagari

Punk will be back in 2-3 years, but I doubt he'll ever be back as a 24/7 guy. He'll likely be in a Brock/Jericho role.

There has been a notable increase in the amount of botches recently. I think this bit from the Observer explains why.

One prominent wrestler noted to us the increase in frequency of eye poke injuries (Cena and Cesaro just in recent weeks for the type of injury that almost never happened in the past) is because WWE is pushing everyone to be more aggressive in work style. This has led to people rushing, which leads to sloppy execution when it comes to being careful and safe, and thus more eye pokes, potato shots resulting in black eyes, concussions and separated shoulders. They are also working with the idea of just missing. The idea is to throw kicks and strikes really hard and fast, and just miss, which has led to an increase in concussions because if you are rushing, some of the near misses don’t miss.

Might take a while for guys to actually learn how to be aggressive without fucking up and/or killing each other.

That's a good one. But I wonder, how long does one wrestle in order to successfully retire? Does Punk have some worthwhile investments he's getting into?

By all indicators, he's notoriously cheap and saved all of his money. The bus and lifestyle changes in food and such bought him some time in terms of being able to be the champion for over a year, but it was rough. He'll be fine, especially if he comes back to do commentary/do part-time stuff whenever

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There has been a notable increase in the amount of botches recently. I think this bit from the Observer explains why.

Might take a while for guys to actually learn how to be aggressive without fucking up and/or killing each other.

Time for a Steiner Bros seminar.

Booker T on the post-show talking about how he knows a thing or two about the legal system. Says battery is about 2 to 10 in the state of Florida.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Booker T on the post-show talking about how he knows a thing or two about the legal system. Says battery is about 2 to 10 in the state of Florida.

I'll say.

Booker is a convicted felon who spent nineteen months in prison after pleading guilty to armed robberies at Wendy's restaurants in Houston. Booker and his partners wore Wendy's uniforms during the holdups since they had been working there for 2½ years. Because of the gunmen's uniforms and familiarity with the fast food chain's operations, police suspected the robberies were inside jobs—and it didn't take long before Huffman and three other men were found. Booker pleaded guilty in December 1987 to two aggravated robbery counts and was sentenced to five years in prison. He was released after serving about one-third of that term, and was placed on parole until April 1992

That's a good one. But I wonder, how long does one wrestle in order to successfully retire? Does Punk have some worthwhile investments he's getting into?

He was one of the highest paid guys. As long as he hasn't been stupid with his money and continues not to be, I see no reason he'd ever have to work again if he doesn't want to.

He was one of the highest paid guys. As long as he hasn't been stupid with his money and continues not to be, I see no reason he'd ever have to work again if he doesn't want to.

I don't know, he might have wasted his money buying up all the dynasty warrior games, there's a zillion of them shits... or bought them for AJ or something.

With his millions of dollars in the bank and the royalty cheques he'll continue to receive in perpetuity.

I think his walking out voided his royalties. I'm not certain, but I feel like I remember that being mentioned sometime over the last six months.

EDIT: Apparently he was still getting them while under contract. Not sure about what the deal is now that his deal expired.

Anth0ny

Punk takes 6 months off, gets a haircut, shaves his beard and actually gets some regular sleep. Dude looks like a million bucks.

He'll be back. Part time, no doubt.

Top Bottom