• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT-15| Hybrids are Best for Business

iboKckRmdpgQNf.gif

Sharing is caring

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
One thing I like a lot about Zbyszko just because he was there, I love hearing about the old timey wrestling from him. Talking about Bruno and Buddy Rogers and about the mafia being fans of Bruno, and the whole thing about how no one worked Sundays for wrestling because nobody went to watch it back then.

Them old school canry wrestling stories are about a hundred times more interesting than the matches themselves. I couldn't even imagine working as a heel back the, the amount of abuse you must have got since everyone thought it was real.

Aiii

So not worth it
Hey, I actually liked the Brie Bella segment, that's progress.

I have to admit the word "bitch" really loses its impact now that they use it every other week.

Aiii

So not worth it
You know, they should keep Bo's streak going until Mania... And have him face
Goldberg

KissVibes

Banned

The Ultimate Warrior's ghost spotted.

Which WWE sex tape would you want to see the most:

1) Steph & Triple H
2) Sable & Brock
3) AJ & Punk
4) Nikki & Cena

In order:

AJ & Punk - Heard Punk has a pretty sweet dick, AJ is hot, my girlfriend likes them both, bet Punk is a pleaser, probably get some shots from AJ's POV.
Steph & Trips - Obviously some freaky shit here.
Nikki & Cena - It would be funny to see; bet Nikki uses toys cause LOLCENA. Also, Nikki looks like Gabriella Paltrova so that's cool too.
Sable and Brock - I bet Brock is a lame dude in bed. Also, Sable is too plastic for me.

Watched Ric Flair defend the Mid-Atlantic TV title against Dick Murdoch from '78, I think. This was such a prototypical Flair match, condensed into about ten minutes - very little offence on his part, but with all the usual staples you expect from Ric. Murdoch was crazy over and the fans went wild for him punching the crap out of the champion, or trying to mock Flair's patented strut;

Murdoch.gif

Match ends when Flair loads his boot and kicks Murdoch in the face, but Blackjack gets on the apron and tells the ref. Flair argues and Murdoch tries to roll him up, but Ric squirms out of the ring and takes the count-out to keep his title. I think this match was sourced from Cornette's "garbage" tapes, which he saved from a dumpster. Crazy how little care many of the territorial promotions put into archiving their footage.

Browny

Banned
Oh Cesaro, how you have fallen...

I think he qualifies as the E's biggest fuckup this year - over and above D-Bry's sad temporary fall. Cesaro was the second biggest pop at WM, and since then he's been dumped on. There was no reason not to push him over and above Reigns - better in the ring, better on the mic, better full stop. Cena had dropped down the card nicely - a change of the guard is fine, the public will adapt. In fact, they already had, from the WM reactions.

strobogo

Banned
Watched Ric Flair defend the Mid-Atlantic TV title against Dick Murdoch from '78, I think. This was such a prototypical Flair match, condensed into about ten minutes - very little offence on his part, but with all the usual staples you expect from Ric. Murdoch was crazy over and the fans went wild for him punching the crap out of the champion, or trying to mock Flair's patented strut;

Murdoch.gif

Match ends when Flair loads his boot and kicks Murdoch in the face, but Blackjack gets on the apron and tells the ref. Flair argues and Murdoch tries to roll him up, but Ric squirms out of the ring and takes the count-out to keep his title. I think this match was sourced from Cornette's "garbage" tapes, which he saved from a dumpster. Crazy how little care many of the territorial promotions put into archiving their footage.

That wasn't an exclusive thing to wrestling. Many, many TV shows were treated the same way in the states before the late 70s/early 80s. Things recorded over, masters thrown out, tapes stored in terrible conditions. A lot of stuff from US television during that period is lost forever. That was just how things were. It also happened with a lot of movies from the 30s-60s, particularly lower budget, non studio fare.

Alucard

Banned
Punk takes 6 months off, gets a haircut, shaves his beard and actually gets some regular sleep. Dude looks like a million bucks.

He'll be back. Part time, no doubt.

I doubt it. He seems like a really stubborn SOB, and I don't see age changing that for him.

Top Bottom