• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

wow at that audio TMZ got of Paige and Rio, how do they get shit like this?

and lord what the hell was with that witness, "im a huge fan by the way", who would say something like that in that situation?

Anth0ny

To be fair, who the hell would have predicted any of these things as recently as 6 months ago?

Instead gets awarded with a #1 contender's match. Because (attempted) vehicular homicide is justified when the Big Dog spears himself into an ambulance and loses a match.

He's playing the stone cold Steve Austin role

Minus people actually liking him

So something hit me today... WWE has no midcard...

People fight in the midcard obviously but they have no guys who are career midcarders and over for it.

Raw basically has low card, cruisers, women, tag teams, Main eventers.

Great Balls of Fire had only one men's match that didn't have a former WWE champion in it.

Three matches had two former WWE Champions in them (Bray vs Seth, Jeff and Sheamus in the tag title match and Dean vs Miz)

Everyone feels under utilized because they are ostensibly all guys who on any given PPV should be in a WWE/Universal title match.

To my mind there are 3, maybe 4 actual midcarders: Zayn, Rusev and Corbin (and Corbin is creeping to main) and I guess you can count Cass.

Tye Dillinger would count be he's never on TV. Same with Mojo really.

This is in turn a huge problem with NXT call ups, because there's no real mid card there either, just women, tag teams, jobbers, jobber to the stars (No Way Jose types), Eric Young, and Main Eventers or guys clearly destined for the main event.

This completely fucks these guys over when they get called up because guys like Roode, Joe, Nak by the time they go up are already stars in their own right and immediately feel underutilized if they're stuck in the mid card.

Recall

So many heels won at the PPV but that traditional face/heel line is blurred to all hell that I doubt anyone really cared.

Hasney

I like shades of grey compared to pure faces/heels, but they don't have a good way to do it. They just fully swap roles when convenient rather than have levels to characters and then try to portray them as a pure face or heel.

Shit like Russos first run at WCW were great where the Filthy Animals were faces against The Revolution, but heels when it came to beating down Ric Flair and leaving him in the desert or when David Flair snapped. Their characters didn't change segment to segment so they were consistent, but how the crowd perceived them did.

Adree

Joe was fucking great on Raw. When he doesn't do the whisper-loud stuff and just bellows at his opponents he's fantastic. Feels like he's becoming a star from sheer force of will.

Jamie OD

wow at that audio TMZ got of Paige and Rio, how do they get shit like this?

and lord what the hell was with that witness, "im a huge fan by the way", who would say something like that in that situation?

They usually buy the evidence off someone. They pretty much break every ethical rule that journalists work under.

So uh Miz is totally the face in his feud with Ambrose he's just a total dick about it.

Mizzies was a great segment until Dean and Seth ruined it.

Oh and I loved the flow of the first hour. Three events flowed perfectly into each otherm Balor/Drifter flowed into Hardys/Club which flowed into The Revivsl return. So smart and fresh feeling.

Fuck yessss I'd buy Alexa's new jacket. Fucking awesome

Lol Cole forgot who was heel and face in this woman's tag match

Sasha knocked Bliss off the apron and Cole says "Cheap shot Sashs knocking Alex off the apron... though Bliss did deserve it"

Phenomenal

Majukun

Roman attempted murder on a show so now there is no excuse why he gets booed.

actually i'm hearing more and mroe cheers every week..whatever the wwe is doing with him,it's working to some extent

of course he will never be the most over guy in the roster,but in this day and age,he will never be even if they manage to make him turn into the next Cena

Rimfya

Banned
I like Drifter but it's surreal there's a current feud between one of the biggest ever stars of NXT vs I guy I thought was more likely to be cut than elevated from NXT.

Lmao about a month of vignettes and build all for a throwaway nothing unadvertised middle of the show Raw match where Goldie wins and does nothing after the match.

Cool.

So something hit me today... WWE has no midcard...

People fight in the midcard obviously but they have no guys who are career midcarders and over for it.

Raw basically has low card, cruisers, women, tag teams, Main eventers.

Great Balls of Fire had only one men's match that didn't have a former WWE champion in it.

Three matches had two former WWE Champions in them (Bray vs Seth, Jeff and Sheamus in the tag title match and Dean vs Miz)

Everyone feels under utilized because they are ostensibly all guys who on any given PPV should be in a WWE/Universal title match.

To my mind there are 3, maybe 4 actual midcarders: Zayn, Rusev and Corbin (and Corbin is creeping to main) and I guess you can count Cass.

Tye Dillinger would count be he's never on TV. Same with Mojo really.

This is in turn a huge problem with NXT call ups, because there's no real mid card there either, just women, tag teams, jobbers, jobber to the stars (No Way Jose types), Eric Young, and Main Eventers or guys clearly destined for the main event.

This completely fucks these guys over when they get called up because guys like Roode, Joe, Nak by the time they go up are already stars in their own right and immediately feel underutilized if they're stuck in the mid card.

This is something I've said and a few others have as well. Fans want every star to be a champion and the wwe doesn't know how to use top tier talent through the card. Every match is elevated into some higher status. This is why I harp on the promo stuff too and how it's so over utilized in the company. You can get guys over and do story telling without everything needing to be this huge production.

Recall

actually i'm hearing more and mroe cheers every week..whatever the wwe is doing with him,it's working to some extent

of course he will never be the most over guy in the roster,but in this day and age,he will never be even if they manage to make him turn into the next Cena

Only taken 3 years

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Joe was fucking great on Raw. When he doesn't do the whisper-loud stuff and just bellows at his opponents he's fantastic. Feels like he's becoming a star from sheer force of will.
I mean they're dumb as dogshit if they have Reigns beat Joe next week. You're taking a hot hand and dousing it with water if you do.

That match needs to be a three or four way. You can get the title off Bork and on TV again.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I am so done with those broken teases.

Literally shit or get off the pot man

Reigns justifying his actions by literally saying y'all did worse in the Attitude Era is great.

Reigns is such a dick I love it.

I am so done with those broken teases.

Literally shit or get off the pot man

This is the first time it's actually really being teased narratively

I need this shit to end up being the rumoured 4 way Brock vs Braun vs Joe vs Reigns

What a phenomenal segment.

Everyone was good on the mic Joe, Reigns, Lesnar, Heyman

All fantastic

gun_haver

god damn

i wasn't into joe before this but

fucking hell

joe said 'boy look at me when i'm talking to you' to BROCK and he kind of fucking sold it

this feels like a fight man. i need to see it.

This is the first time in a while that I have a had a string of Raws that have left me with the feeling that I have to tune in next week.

Three hours is overkill and I'm bored for about half of it but the good shit has been good.

I liked this Wyatt/Rollins match but it was basically identical from the PPV

But fuck yes Wyatt winning two matches in a row basically clean.

I figured Miz would interfere and cost Seth thr match but this was even better. Wyatt wins the feud looking strong and a post match beatdown from Miz moves Seth to Miz.

But fuck why can't Ambrose not be involved. That feud is dead

DEZ8AQYXoAEyTL9

orioto

Good Art™
By the way i thought the ambulance match was lame as fuck, boring with lazy spots. That ending was lame to cause, ok i get it, the whole action movie scene and Stroman coming from it as a unbreakable monster, but damn, WWE? don't take that too seriously.

I just hate when they think their ridiculous idea is so damn good they do 15 minutes of serious business angle around it. Even asking for 2 jobbers to have a fake match to show how much nobody gives a shit and just show 10 minutes of a guy trying to open the door.. come on.. That was soooooo smug.. It's ok we know he's not dead, end the fucking angle..

By the way i thought the ambulance match was lame as fuck, boring with lazy spots. That ending was lame to cause, ok i get it, the whole action movie scene and Stroman coming from it as a unbreakable monster, but damn, WWE? don't take that too seriously.

I just hate when they think their ridiculous idea is so damn good they do 15 minutes of serious business angle around it. Even asking for 2 jobbers to have a fake match to show how much nobody gives a shit and just show 10 minutes of a guy trying to open the door.. come on.. That was soooooo smug.. It's ok we know he's not dead, end the fucking angle..

I'm shocked

Joe is carrying this whole Brock program with a ton of intensity and presence right now, and I hope it's rewarded. Brock looked genuinely into that segment on Raw beyond his normally solid performance, and both of them utterly outclassed Big Dawg My Yard.

Speaking of Roman, good lord was that a poor followup to his attempted murder at the PPV. Dude literally tried to kill someone and instead of making a big deal of it, they let Big Cass open the show with a terrible promo where it looked like he was second guessing himself after every single line, then made Roman use a ridiculous "YOU GUYS DID WAY WORSE" excuse without ever going back to it. Where's the damn consequences and followup? He can't keep getting away with this!

Bless up to Joe for being able to cut through the WWE's dumpster juice writing.

gun_haver

Joe is carrying this whole Brock program with a ton of intensity and presence right now, and I hope it's rewarded. Brock looked genuinely into that segment on Raw beyond his normally solid performance, and both of them utterly outclassed Big Dawg My Yard.

Speaking of Roman, good lord was that a poor followup to his attempted murder at the PPV. Dude literally tried to kill someone and instead of making a big deal of it, they let Big Cass open the show with a terrible promo where it looked like he was second guessing himself after every single line, then made Roman use a ridiculous "YOU GUYS DID WAY WORSE" excuse without ever going back to it. Where's the damn consequences and followup? He can't keep getting away with this!

it was actually embarrassing when roman cut in to the brock/joe verbal sparring. it felt like fake bullshit cutting into two big men about to actually hurt each other.

I liked this Wyatt/Rollins match but it was basically identical from the PPV

But fuck yes Wyatt winning two matches in a row basically clean.

I figured Miz would interfere and cost Seth thr match but this was even better. Wyatt wins the feud looking strong and a post match beatdown from Miz moves Seth to Miz.

But fuck why can't Ambrose not be involved. That feud is dead

Whoa, let's not get crazy there.

They did do way worse back in the day. Reigns was absolutely right about that

Top Bottom