• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

jmdajr

They will cut Table for 3 and the WWE 24 stuff next.

Nah. Table for 3 is filmed mania weekend and they milk it all year.

Then again, how much could talking Smack actually cost to make? Does WWE even pay anyone overtime?

Like the actual film crew?

Zach

I could run the FPW fed if no one else wants to. There's just a couple of things that I'd want to know before hand.

1. Are people going to be uploading their own wrestlers to the workshop so that I can add them to the fed or do I need to make them?

2. Should it be assumed that CAWs have all edit points and moves unlocked or should there be a limit?

3. Would people want commentary over the matches or just the matches themselves? If so, would anyone be willing to do it?

4. I'd probably want to open a FPW fed discord that people could join to keep tabs on things and have a place for promos. Would there be interest in that?

That's all I can think of for now. I have the time required to run it and I can stream to twitch/youtube easily. If there's anything anyone wants that I might be missing let me know.

1. You will have to do a lot of work creating.

2. You will have to do a lot of work balancing.

3. Live commentary would be amazing, but I am unable. Seriously, if we could have two dudes commentating -- even if it's bad -- it would be super fun.

4. General message board chatter is the only promo I'm cuttin', daddeh.

5. Fave Five?

Maybe Talking Smack is gonna be replaced by Talking Kane. That would be nice.

Kane's running for office, he's done until at least next June and that's if he doesn't win

They will cut Table for 3 and the WWE 24 stuff next.

And Network havers will tell WWE they're fine with it.

They listen to cancellations during these occasions, nothing more. Not hashtags, not FB comments. Can. Cell. A. Tions.

They regularly offer cancelled users free 3 month periods. Free.

Do something

XenoRaven

The only time I ever watched Talking Smack was when Miz yelled at Bryan and said the reason he wrestles the way he does is so he can have a nice long career and not be forced into retirement like Bryan was and then stormed off.

I'm going to be paying for the WWE Network for the rest of my life.

That's fine if that's your decision!

You are just hypocritical if you complain about a program you love being cancelled on said service you continue to pay for. Or be lying about how much you love said program, which is also bad.

I love you, Dental Plan. You unapologetically do your thang, without being a jerk. We need more WWE Network-subscribing monsters like you. God bless.

special-agent-dale-cooper-thumbs-up-twin-peaks.jpg

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I was planning on getting a Fire Pro fed going, I just wanted to wait until they update it a bit with logos, mp3 entrances and the like.

If I'm going on in this, I'm going all in.

XenoRaven

Which Japanese wrestling organizations are secretly run by Yakuza? If I'm going to give my money to terrible people I might as well go all in.

Remember people, if you pay for NJPW, you're telling them it's okay for Daniel Bryan to headbutt himself into a coma.

He hasn't signed there yet, and I'm prepared to cancel my sub to the World when he does.

When I say something's unacceptable to me, I act. That appears to be the difference between me and a lot of "wrestling" "fans".

orioto

Good Art™
So i hear the news is that Owens title loss was actually cause they realized they had 3 foreigner heels and they wanted him to drop the face of america gimmick. Then they did it at MSG for AJ's dvd. (Funny how they screw a guy with a dvd just out to valorize a future dvd)

Now what will they do with Owens, as they probably feel they need to give him some sort of crappy gimmick.

At least he's still the main event jobber heel for now, taking every pins every weeks. That's already something..

You are just hypocritical if you complain about a program you love being cancelled on said service you continue to pay for. Or be lying about how much you love said program, which is also bad.

I am bummed out, but I enjoy the product quite the bit. For my case, the best thing for me would be to write WWE/WWE Network a letter expressing my disappointment with WWE reducing the number of episodes of Talking Smack.

I have other ways of letting them know besides cancelling.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

I can be unhappy with one thing a company does and complain about it but still pay for their service because they do something else I like without being hypocritical.

For example I hate a lot of things Nintendo do, but I continue to give them money because their games are good.

JambiBum

1. You will have to do a lot of work creating.

2. You will have to do a lot of work balancing.

3. Live commentary would be amazing, but I am unable. Seriously, if we could have two dudes commentating -- even if it's bad -- it would be super fun.

4. General message board chatter is the only promo I'm cuttin', daddeh.

5. Fave Five?

1. I don't have a problem doing the creating. I have all moves and edit points unlocked so that wouldn't be an issue. It would just take a while to do. I would be willing to pass the creating onto someone else if they were interested though.

3. Commentary isn't necessary but if people want to do it I'd be fine with it. It just might be a pain in the ass to try to schedule people. Might need to save it for big matches only.

4. I'm fine with keeping it to the thread, but it's just easier to keep track of stuff in a discord than here with the amount of traffic.

Austin
Styles
Omega
Taker
DDP

Pretty impressive that they were able to hide Talking Smack from Vince for almost an entire year.

I swear, it's funny you say that because in my head, the joke that i had running around is that Vince finally caught wind that they wee doing this show without his knowledge and hated that it was better than anything he writes for his performances while sitting on a shitter.

Zach

I was planning on getting a Fire Pro fed going, I just wanted to wait until they update it a bit with logos, mp3 entrances and the like.

Maybe you can co-promote with JambiBum. I love the all-out discussions.

I am bummed out, but I enjoy the product quite the bit. For my case, the best thing for me would be to write WWE/WWE Network a letter expressing my disappointment with WWE reducing the number of episodes of Talking Smack.

I have other ways of letting them know besides cancelling.

If you believe letters work in this situation, that's fine

I am just really really skeptical that will work in any way or even be read, talking about the same company which already regularly employs 26 writers paid to write stuff one man immediately throws out and says "DO IT BETTER AND IN HALF AN HOUR, WE'RE ALMOST LIVE"

JambiBum

I'm fine collaborating with you on it if you want. It would be easier with two people running it instead of one anyway.

If you believe letters work in this situation, that's fine

I am just really really skeptical that will work in any way or even be read, talking about the same company which already regularly employs 26 writers paid to write stuff one man immediately throws out and says "DO IT BETTER AND IN HALF AN HOUR, WE'RE ALMOST LIVE"

Oh I totally agree with you. I doubt it works or it just gets thrown into a trash bin.

I'm definitely not trying to defend WWE at all. They have tons of problems with how they live television. I don't want to even get started on how awful the camera work is during matches.

I can be unhappy with one thing a company does and complain about it but still pay for their service because they do something else I like without being hypocritical.

For example I hate a lot of things Nintendo do, but I continue to give them money because their games are good.

I feel bad commenting on the Nintendo thing because (as I just said) when I say something's unacceptable to me, I act. Their Wii U launch was lackluster in numerous ways and I didn't want to be duped again, so when they doubled down with the Switch launch (in addition to a lot of other dumb and/or questionable calls they made prior to and immediately after) I decided not to pursue a Switch until it's at most $200.

Their games are still great! But I can enjoy this great Zelda game, and a Splatoon, on an "inferior" system for...5 more years or whenever the Switch is finally replaced because I guess that's how long it'll take for the price to drop that much.

Gotta be. 205 as well. 205 did worse than 1998 Halloween havoc a couple of months ago. It's FOOKIN over. And I don't mean over over. I mean over.

Nope. They will keep shoving that in front of us hoping it goes over with people at some point.

If they are willing to cut Talking Smack before it...

Talking Smack has to cost next to nothing to do.

Top Bottom