• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Zach

I was banned once for painting with too broad a brush re: people having little girls as their avatars.

Maybe I deserved it.

Maybe.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The reason it's not sah-neigh is because they generally refer to characters by the last name and knowing WWE they were probably concerned casual viewers would get confused by all the Japanese names.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
RIP Talking Smack, Zach, and Man God

I guess they do come in 3s :'[

I mean...I'm back? Not going to post hot takes at 3am anymore either.

Pretty much done with wrestling though. I might pickup NXT. I will watch the GLOW show when I have time. Would watch LU season 3 on Netflix if that happened.

Almost out of wrestling podcasts as well. I barely keep up with OSW. New Generation Project Podcast is up to RR 1998 which means it only has a few more episodes left. Attitude Era is meh. Keep it 2000 is pretty good but bi weekly. Review a Wai is bi weekly and I end up skipping half of them because I don't care for the subject.

I will get the Network again for E&C when that comes back.

klonere

Banned
Tana acting like a tremendous asshole in this match against SUWAMA. He really is the best.

rFNt1ig.gif
srfVZuC.gif

2jrvNta.gif
COkYWBE.gif

I had that happen once and ended up getting a pay raise at the yearly review as well.

Also gave me two weeks of vacation time that I had to use in the next three weeks so it was literally get promoted and a raise, go on vacation, get a second raise in a period of about a month.

I'm getting a pay bump and new title (manager), with what seems like potential for another title + pay come yearly.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm getting a pay bump and new title (manager), with what seems like potential for another title + pay come yearly.

Mine was a switch to a managerial role as well, hence the extra vacation time not just coming with the start of the next FY. They didn't do roll over though so they pretty much told me to wrap everything up and get out of there.

I was not expecting the pay bump at the review either but they had a rule where if profit was up a certain amount they had to give one to all management staff at the yearly review that had a passing grade, and since I preformed remarkably well at the reviewable stuff from my previous position I was in the highest category of the raise section.

It pretty much doubled my salary.

I swear there must be some mystical force that prevents anything good from sticking in the WWE.

Like how in Arkham City it's implied that the fumes from the Lazarus Pit underneath Gotham are what makes everyone there a shitty person.

Zach

"I'm Man God! I got a big, fat raise, everyone! I'm making millions! I won't be supporting rad new wrassle games at full price, though! Gwahahahahaha!"

Man God

Non-Canon Member
"I'm Man God! I got a big, fat raise, everyone! I'm making millions! I won't be supporting rad new wrassle games at full price, though! Gwahahahahaha!"

Shit that was almost a decade ago Zach. I actually make less money now but am my own boss.

Can we truly consider that 205 Live was ever actually alive? it's like the shuffling corpse of a cruiserweight tournament being puppeteer'd on thin strings by Vince McMahon, and the strings all got tangled immediately to boot.

Two things that need to be mentioned with this news:

1. Renee now has (maximum) one week a month where she has something to do besides hold the mic for people backstage for 30 seconds to 2 minutes. (I say maximum because she'll be doing nothing for 5-6 weeks before the Rumble now, and 6-7 weeks before Mania now)

2. Also provides less incentive for Bryan to stay when his deal's up next year. He really really enjoyed doing this

Why cant Daniel just leave now? I dont understand why he cant quit?

Is the guy really gonna wrestle again?

Talking Smack cancelation is such a dickhead Vince thing to do. Papa HHH would never do this

Talking Smack cancellation is the best thing to happen. CM Punk's pipe bomb promo was one for the books because it came out of left field in a PG era know one thought could happen. Now these worked shoots just come out the flood gates diminishing their effect particularly when every performer gets to have a go at it. Spreading it out is for the best.

Why cant Daniel just leave now? I dont understand why he cant quit?

Is the guy really gonna wrestle again?

Talking Smack cancelation is such a dickhead Vince thing to do. Papa HHH would never do this

Bryan is under contract. If he leaves he would break the contract. It seems likely he will bail when his contract is done.

Then we will have Shibata 2.0

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Even assuming WWE isn't letting Bryan wrestle because they're being paranoid, I feel like Bryan should be paranoid also. Granted, they're going to look pretty hypocritical if they let Angle into the ring, which I have no doubt they are doing.

Top Bottom