• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Zach

Is Misawa king of the dad bod?

Menome

Still catching up with NXT. Seems a bit early for a Tag Team title-shot for Heavy Machinery, no? Thought it'd be held off until the next Takeover.

Menome

Oh Christ, I'm killing myself laughing with this throat infection. Drew McIntyre gets beaten up in a parking lot by Sanity and three refs just appear out of nowhere from off-screen to gesticulate ineffectually at Dain and Young.

Where were they? Why were they there? What is holding their hands up from 15ft away going to do to Dain and Young?

Hex

Banned
If was booking I'd have Funky Weapon get kayfabe murdered once a month taking ridiculous Shane McMahon bumps onto concrete.

Usually they all involve his ass lol
It is weird, I hated him in his feud with Nakamura because all he was doing was stealing Shinsuke's gimmicks which was not funny to me and he did that for quite a while.
Once he got away from that and started working more like Yano, where he can go but he also takes humor at his expense and others I do not mind him so much.

Mahonay

Banned
Usually they all involve his ass lol
It is weird, I hated him in his feud with Nakamura because all he was doing was stealing Shinsuke's gimmicks which was not funny to me and he did that for quite a while.
Once he got away from that and started working more like Yano, where he can go but he also takes humor at his expense and others I do not mind him so much.
Yano is a billion times more effective as a comedy wrestler.

Taguchi's entire gimmick is "LOL BUTTS"

Mahonay

Banned
My current top 10 favorite wrassle persons, from the little wrestling I've been watching lately:

1. Asuka
2. Ibushi
3. Omega
4. Naito
5. Minoru Suzuki
6. Joey Samoey
7. Lil' Tyler Bate
8. BRAUN
9. Zach Sabre Spider Monkey
10. Hiromu Takahashi (I send him my deepest condolences)

I'm sure you will be shocked to hear that Daisuke Sekimoto vs Keith Lee was a very good hoss fight.

As for everything else, every match, even the good ones, felt like they went 10 minutes too long. Except Lee/Sekimoto

Mahonay

Banned
Dunne just has something Bate doesn't.
Dunne's got the charisma down pat. Maybe with some age Bate will catch up there. I'm just a sucker for Bate's overall ring work, even if Dunne as a wrestling persona is definitely better.

Also I've gotta say after his time in Japan now, I've enjoyed ZSJ significantly more than I did previously. It feels like he's got more confidence and looks more aggressive/vicious when he's putting in his holds. Everything I had watched of him before had an unconvincing feel to it. That's gone now.

Hex

Banned
I just want to take a moment as I watch the Okada v Elgin match which I missed last night to shout out to the Japanese commentary team.
Seriously everything is so much more intense and exciting, there is nothing like it.
Seriously make you want to come out of your seat.

Top Bottom