• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

One thing I seem to have noticed is, at least for the major ones, the UK indies have a different idea on where to have shows compared to the US ones. Here, gig venues tend to me the go-to option for ICW, PROGRESS etc. Like, at this point, the Garage feels a lot like ICW's home, it'd be very weird if they left there.

Though the family friendly UK indies still end up with those sports hall type of venues instead.

Rimfya

Banned
Okada could be considered wrestlings big dog

Yes. Except he puts on 5 star classics consistently unlike that big bitch over in WWE who is constantly carried to just "okay" matches.

Your perception of what is a good match and what is a boring match changes dramatically once you start watching New Japan regularly, I find. WWE in ring is nigh unwatchable for me now besides Takeovers and maybe the odd PPV here and there.

Pretty much, except they've given him multiple significant runs with the main belt unlike WWE Big Dog.

So he's even more strongly booked! I wish Roman would get that big long run ASAP

Got it.

It was ridiculous he won that last match. But if that's the norm then I'll adjust my expectations accordingly.

Had a little mini tournament to crown my fire pro wrestling champ, and Ibushi won, beating the king of strong style in the finals. Then he had his first title match against kenny omega in a pretty damn good match, but he threw me over the top rope and got disqualified!

Had a pretty good death match with Pentagon vs Jimmy Havoc. Jimmy stabbed me with a FORK! Then i did the canadian destroyer to him on a baseball bat for the win.

RBH

WrestleCircus has started:

DFTtwlgV0AACOSJ.jpg:medium

https://www.twitch.tv/wrestlecircus

WWE superfan who spent $5000 a year on a wrestlemania travel package... no longer a fan of WWE, watches New Japan now.

If that isn't hashtag fucking 5 years I don't know what is.

He not only started the praise in the Fire Pro Quick Look, he even loved Fire Pro

The WWE 2K games might have just lost half its audience

#5YearsMightHaveBeenOptimistic

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Its cool NJPW seems to be getting more popular.

I've gone from being a mostly WWE guy to not giving a singular fuck about that company and going all in on NJPW this year.

NJPW is amazing. I just wish they had a translator on hand for promos. Naito gives these long ass promos after every match and I have no idea what he's saying.

I've gone from being a mostly WWE guy to not giving a singular fuck about that company and going all in on NJPW this year.

NJPW is amazing. I just wish they had a translator on hand for promos. Naito gives these long ass promos after every match and I have no idea what he's saying.

Hopefully as their exposure in the west continues they get better about that sort of thing. I mean its hard to do live but having a translator around would be great.

Anth0ny

Pretty much. Even when Nakamura was having his run I wasn't watching every New Japan show. But since this year's Wrestle Kingdom... it's become must watch for me. Every PPV, and now every night of G1.

Been looking to get into it (outside of the most raved about matches) since I've been getting more and more bored w/WWE the past couple of months. I think I might start once the G1 Climax is over.

You should absolutely do it during the G1. There have been solid matches every night. It's also a good way to get familiar with each wrestler and their factions.

Strickland is one of my favorite people to watch create their art in the ring but as great as he is, I can just easily envision a big company like WWE not having afucking clue what to do with him and making him look like ass.

Callihan is so fucking lame.

It's just such a lazy promo. He is a believer of "any heat...". Just trash and not something I want Wrestlecircus risking their arrangement with twitch over.

gun_haver

the ongoing paige obsession isn't right. she seems like a dumb and reckless young woman who is out making a fool of herself doing young people things and the only thing to say about it is to hope she wises up and comes out the other side, but she hasn't been an active wrestler in at least a year and it feels like more. getting the wrong kind of attention just feeds this kind of thing. there's nothing glamourous or intriguing about it, it's just sad and kind of gross. let her self-destruct in peace and hopefully she ends up okay.

Hex

Banned
the ongoing paige obsession isn't right. she seems like a dumb and reckless young woman who is out making a fool of herself doing young people things and the only thing to say about it is to hope she wises up and comes out the other side, but she hasn't been an active wrestler in at least a year and it feels like more. getting the wrong kind of attention just feeds this kind of thing. there's nothing glamourous or intriguing about it, it's just sad and kind of gross. let her self-destruct in peace and hopefully she ends up okay.

There is no obsession anywhere.
If a story comes up it ts talked about like any other. Ignoring it is stupid also.
Pic came up on my twitter from Alberto, Paige looks like she weighs 92 lbs it is something notable. She wants a peaceful life, stay out of the spotlight.
Someone needs to stage an intervention instead of "oh she is young and doing dumb stuff, I hope she ends up ok"

Too many statistics in the business.
I genuinely do not think that Del Rio cares, I think he just thinks he is sticking it to the WWE

Top Bottom