• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Hex

Banned
Isn't that the job a heel?

Him saying things that make the people watching angry? Even though they are comical at best?

Got news for you mate, even while looking average I would put hard Bison dollars that he can take you in the 40, out lift you, and take you in anything else on the track or in the gym.

Got news for you mate, even while looking average I would put hard Bison dollars that he can take you in the 40, out lift you, and take you in anything else on the track or in the gym.

Most likely.

Like I said, I like the gimmick of someone not being the spitting image of an adonis and being able to hold their own doing things you wouldn't expect out of someone with his body shape.

Hex

Banned
As someone who's never seen the NJPW stuff, can someone explain why the Naito guy always "opens" his one eye?

It is common for Young Lions of New Japan to take a journey to expand their skills, and Mexico is one of those places.
Mexico especially at the time (even know) can be quite racist, TNA was not much better.
So essentially he took the squinty eye racist gesture fans would do, and owned it and turned it into his thing

Hex

Banned
Most likely.

Like I said, I like the gimmick of someone not being the spitting image of an adonis and being able to hold their own doing things you wouldn't expect out of someone with his body shape.

I don't know if it is a gimmick per say, it is more "don't judge a book by its cover"

It is common for Young Lions of New Japan to take a journey to expand their skills, and Mexico is one of those places.
Mexico especially at the time (even know) can be quite racist, TNA was not much better.
So essentially he took the squinty eye racist gesture fans would do, and owned it and turned it into his thing

Holy shit I had no idea. That's incredible

guys the crowd is actually hyped i'm so shook

this vic dude is basically corey without tattoos and a slightly different appearance

And 1/75th of the talent

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Yo that tattoo on Lince's right arm of the Grim Reaper draped in the american flag is pretty sweet.

That's amazing! Tons of respect for doing that then.

The Usos slayed in the rap battle, AJ/Gable's match was solid and the royal was pretty good. Outside of that Smackdown was kinda bad. Especially wished they gave Becky something to do given James repeatedly stopped her from getting the briefcase so Bryan giving him his comeuppance felt kinda flat to me.

somedevil

Its interesting reading those impact spoilers that the top face is Alberto del Rio. Plus these guys debuted who escaped from a Vince fantasy:

DD7osKPWAAEw_94.jpg

The Usos slayed in the rap battle, AJ/Gable's match was solid and the royal was pretty good. Outside of that Smackdown was kinda bad. Especially wished they gave Becky something to do given James repeatedly stopped her from getting the briefcase so Bryan giving him his comeuppance felt kinda flat to me.
Yeah, Carmella vs Becky seems an easy feud to make when in both MITB matches she was the one about to win only to get screwed out in the finish of it.

Oh well, hopefully next week.

But now we'll probably have a Tamina push coming.

So outside of like basically 2/3s of the show Smackdown was bad? Lol.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Tony Nese stole that shirt from me

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
my problem with these 205live feuds is that they get no ppv payoff, since only the title feud gets a spot (and even that is flimsy apparently since the next one is on the pre show)

Top Bottom