• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Finally got around to watching Omega/Ishii...so happy there was no "holy shit" chant from the crowd after the table spot.

But then the crowd ruined it with a "this is awesome" chant towards the end,

UberTag

You guys need to stop being offended by USA chants.
Especially on Independence Day in live events booked in states that swung heavily for Trump last November.

In-ring, maybe even promos.

Look too
tumblr_ont2d2OzOU1u1ljrzo1_500.gif

Kenny would cash in all his 🌟 for a mane like this.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Kenny is amazing but I don't think he's as smooth in the ring as AJ and is definitely not a better promo.

EDIT: ↑ Yes, AJ also crushes Kenny in the hair game. Kenny's hair is almost Baron Corbin bad (in look not hairline).

Syder

Should I watch GFW/TNA Slammiversary XV?

Kind of intrigued to see what a Scott Steiner match looks like in 2017...

Hex

Banned
So, it's extremely safe to say that Kenny is miles ahead of AJ at this point, right?

The problem is, Kenny is allowed to experiment and call his spots. He is allowed to work with his opponent and push things.
AJ on the otherhand has a speed inhibitor, and while he is given some choice those choices have to stay on an approved list.
Also AJ is working many many more days a week.

But he knew what he was doing, this is the pasture and he put himself out there.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
these cruiserweight matches have more rest holds than normal matches I swear :(

The problem is, Kenny is allowed to experiment and call his spots. He is allowed to work with his opponent and push things.
AJ on the otherhand has a speed inhibitor, and while he is given some choice those choices have to stay on an approved list.
Also AJ is working many many more days a week.

But he knew what he was doing, this is the pasture and he put himself out there.
AJ was in Japan like two years ago wrestling the same people Kenny is and his matches weren't nearly as good.

Hex

Banned
Kenny is amazing but I don't think he's as smooth in the ring as AJ and is definitely not a better promo.

EDIT: ↑ Yes, AJ also crushes Kenny in the hair game. Kenny's hair is almost Baron Corbin bad (in look not hairline).

Uh no, AJ's hair has one option and shape and at least Kenny can do different things with his. The bowl cut having to brush his hair out of his face every five minutes is tedious. At least let him pull it back.

Hex

Banned
AJ was in Japan like two years ago wrestling the same people Kenny is and his matches weren't nearly as good.

Oh I agree, I will also say that Kenny was not so good back then either.
The man literally went back to the lab and reinvented himself it is amazing.
And his promo Sunday was dead on, back then BC was all about being gaijin bad guys.
It was not about great matches it was gimmicks.
The turn around has been amazing, and I wear my Kenny mark badge proudly.

Syder

So, it's extremely safe to say that Kenny is miles ahead of AJ at this point, right?
Personally, I think Kenny has surpassed AJ now. 2 years ago AJ was the best in the world for me but the world has progressed and right now Kazuchika Okada is the best in-ring performer in the world and he has crafted one of the best match-to-match title reigns in history since becoming Champion.

Regardless of my opinion, it doesn't matter if Kenny isn't better than AJ, he's in New Japan, wrestling much better performers, so he'll continue having 4, 5 or even 6 star matches every month while AJ will be lucky if he gets one or two 4 star singles matches a year.

UberTag

Personally, I think Kenny has surpassed AJ now. 2 years ago AJ was the best in the world for me but the world has progressed and right now Kazuchika Okada is the best in-ring performer in the world and he has crafted one of the best match-to-match title reigns in history since becoming Champion.

Regardless of my opinion, it doesn't matter if Kenny isn't better than AJ, he's in New Japan, wrestling much better performers, so he'll continue having 4, 5 or even 6 star matches every month while AJ will be lucky if he gets one or two 4 star singles matches a year.
Simply by the nature of how the two companies operate, the best wrestler in the world will ALWAYS be in New Japan over the WWE.

Unless CM Punk comes back. Or Daniel Bryan is allowed to wrestle again.

Top Bottom