• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

Stall19

Look at that NXT Womens division, it's Asuka and Baley and..........................................................................................................

Ithil

Look at that NXT Womens division, it's Asuka and Baley and..........................................................................................................

They have some very talented women like Athena or Nikki Storm, but neither have even been on TV yet, let alone be established.

I enjoyed the hell out of the draft. I really hope Bayley is the mystery tag partner cus otherwise WTF???!!! Excited to see how the first few months shake out on both shows. I'm happy to see the true queen Bliss come up and ready to rule Smackdown

Zach

I enjoyed the hell out of the draft. I really hope Bayley is the mystery tag partner cus otherwise WTF???!!! Excited to see how the first few months shake out on both shows. I'm happy to see the true queen Bliss come up and ready to rule Smackdown

I like you, TheFurizzlyBear. Stick around and you'll be over in no time.

The draft was WM32 levels of confusing booking. SD looks like such a B-tier show.

Monday Night Zillaw and Zachdown Live FOREVER.

FOREVER.

FOREVER.

FOREVER.

Ithil

Smackdown has to look like it's less than Raw, it's being presented as the underdog. That's part of the reason Bryan is there. Clearly they want it to do well though, the Face that runs the Place is there.

Cena is in the twilight of his full time career. He's not even doing house shows.

tumblr_oal7wjK8BJ1qf7xjao1_400.gif

Japanese Double J?

galvatron

Yeah, I'm thinking Smackdown = DC and Raw = Marvel.

Smackdown will be about closing the gap between Main Event tier and totally unproven draws.

And Orton is pretty much part time too (he he), I'm gonna sing the doomed song. They killed miz so I can't even count him like I want to.

The real fucked up thing is if this flounders, they won't blame themselves for doing this shit roster, they'll blame Ambrose and/or Styles (the latter of which I'm okay with completely) for not getting more people interested

At least they can't blame my boy Kane. He's trying his best carrying these scrubs

So here are my 2 cents on SD:

The foundation:
AJ Styles and John Cena.
AJ as the top heel and Cena as the top face is a great base to build the main event division. Both guys can have great matches just about with anyone.

The meh:
Dean Ambrose, he could be good if only he cared, but he will probably continue to raid on his popularity.
Randy Orton. His time has past, when he wants he can have solid matches, but having him in the same place as Cena is a big mistake, thought a match with AJ has potential to be great.
Bray Wyatt. They never did anything with him and probably will stay as a main event jobber.
Alberto Del Rio. With good booking he could be the second top heel on SD, just keep him away from Cena.

The gatekeeper:
The Miz. I know a lot o people hate him, but he is the perfect gatekeeper on the mid division. A feud with him can make any face transition to the main event scene.

Potential for greatness:
American Alpha. Both guys should instantly be the most over tag on SD, and they have the biggest potential to transition to great single talents. I would build the tag division around them and also let them compete in singles matches at the same time. Show how good they are. Never break them as a tag, have each other support the other on single matches, more than a tag, true friends.

Meh X 2
Dolph Ziggler. Just go away...
Kane in 2016...

Could be decent, depends on how the book them:
Baron Corbin.
Apollo Crews.
Tyler Breeze and Fandango. With good booking they could be the rivals of American Alpha.

Bad picks:
Kalisto. Why is he on SD when the CW division is on Raw?
Erick Rowan. Needs to go back to NXT.

Tag filler:
Usos.
The Ascension.
Hype Bros (Ryder and Mojo).
Vaudevillains.

The Womens Division:
Becky Lynch. The obvious face of the division. I guess they want to build Becky as the top face on SD so they gave her her own division.
Maryse. Not an active wrestler, but if she decided to return, then SD Womens division would be great, pair her with Eva and Bliss.
Natalya. Filler.
Naomi. Filler.
Alexa Bliss. Potential to be the top heel on the division and the rival to Becky.
Eva Marie. Unlimited potential.
Carmella. Needed more work on NXT.

Toki767

AJ as the champion on Smackdown will be getting feuds with Cena, Ambrose, and Orton.

That isn't really bad by any means.

Raw is just going to be Rollins vs Reigns for the foreseeable future.

Booker T straight-up saying the fans hate Roman while the Usos were right there was great.
Not even "some vocal fans"

"The fans"

Glorious moment. Between that, Cesaro's shoot, and Kallisto's pipe bomb....one hell of a wrasslin showcase tonight

Smackdown roster is garbage and it's a shame AJ is on it because otherwise I'd skip entirely and be glad they've thrown so much garbage on the lineup. AA, Alexa, Becky, Miz, and others are cool but I don't see any exciting matchups on that roster

I'm kind of curious to see Orton's new get up. He was tweeting about his weekly tattoo sessions a few months ago. I bet he'll have a new theme when he comes back.

Ithil

They got his billed height wrong, his weight wrong, his debut wrong, and his tag title wins wrong.

I'm shocked it doesn't say drafted to ECW.

Sephzilla

SD's top picks just do nothing for me. Cena is transitioning into being part time, AJ is solid as fuck but age is a factor, and Orton is made of glass and could get popped again. SD's upper card is dependent on Father Time taking a break.

Laws00

Look at Paige twitter and saw the, "My ovaries are exploding" thing she posted.

Wow I thought you guys were just joking about some stupid shit at first lol

The real fucked up thing is if this flounders, they won't blame themselves for doing this shit roster, they'll blame Ambrose and/or Styles (the latter of which I'm okay with completely) for not getting more people interested

At least they can't blame my boy Kane. He's trying his best carrying these scrubs
They'll have Dean feuding with Kane by Survivor Series imo. Vince has to get his last big Kane feud in before he calls it quits.

Cena is easily getting that win at Summerslam with AJ's backup no longer in his corner.
Idk, I could see The Club still helping AJ as they don't care about the different rosters. At the same time they could build a rapport with Finn so AJ and Finn could feud at one of the combined PPVs over who is the leader of The Club

Top Bottom