• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I hope Kalisto gets an earnest, awkward promo guy gimmick
jumpinjeffarmer01.jpg

Here are the MVPs of the night

1. Kalisto: Much like Cesaro his language is in the ring, but tonight he blessed us with some mic work.

2. Booker T: Shooting on Roman right to his family. Hilarious.

3. The rest of the Network panel for being themselves.

4. Chris Jericho for his faces.

5. AJ Styles for his swag.

Bowser

In the moment, I could see how you'd think Smackdown's roster was bad. How could it not when you're waiting for every pick to be Nak or Joe? But it's pretty solid when it's all said and done.

RAW looks like it'll be pretty much the same show. Smackdown led by AJ Styles will be MUST WATCH. WOOOOOOOOOOO LUCHA THING

Just don't see it. Crusierweight division on RAW. Best tag teams on RAW. Two best women wrestlers today on RAW. Balor on RAW. The spectacle of Lesnar on RAW. Literally the only thing missing is AJ - if he was on RAW, for me, there'd be legit no reason to watch SD.

Just don't see it. Crusierweight division on RAW. Best tag teams on RAW. Two best women wrestlers today on RAW. Balor on RAW. The spectacle of Lesnar on RAW. Literally the only thing missing is AJ - if he was on RAW, for me, there'd be legit no reason to watch SD.

Cruisers is a blow, but it makes sense with RAW at 3 hours.

Best tags on RAW? Nah. Alpha is on Smackdown and have the edge with their supporting cast. New Day's great, but they're beyond the tag division at this point.

Lesnar is part time and his shtick isn't anything new at this point.

SmackDown has nowhere to go but up, whereas I think RAW looks pretty status quo.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Upon rewatching it, it's crazy how good the Neville/Zayn feud was. It had a build, characters evolved but never felt like sudden shifts. Everything felt natural. The matches were great, the build-up was a perfect wrestling feud buildup. Not a big blood feud but more than just a 'we are wrestlers and respect each other' feud that the independents always do. Neville was still himself but over time you saw him basically going, 'this mother fucker is trying to come for my money?'

So much better than the Owens stuff. Probably the best feud out of the WWE in the last decade that I can think of. Nothing in NXT since has made me feel the absolute need to watch their programming. And Red Arrow is like top 5 most beautiful moves in wrestling when done by Neville. It's up there with the Macho Elbow, and I'm usually not a flippy fan.

Zach

In the moment, I could see how you'd think Smackdown's roster was bad. How could it not when you're waiting for every pick to be Nak or Joe? But it's pretty solid when it's all said and done.

RAW looks like it'll be pretty much the same show. Smackdown led by AJ Styles will be MUST WATCH. WOOOOOOOOOOO LUCHA THING
I didn't even really think about Nakamura and Samoa Joe not being drafted. Hahaha. Amazing.

But surely that's because Triple H wants an amazing Nakamura/Joe feud in NXT first, right?

I hope Kalisto gets an earnest, awkward promo guy gimmick
jumpinjeffarmer01.jpg

...I should probably check out this promo.

I didn't even really think about Nakamura and Samoa Joe not being drafted. Hahaha. Amazing.

But surely that's because Triple H wants an amazing Nakamura/Joe feud in NXT first, right?

...I should probably check out this promo.
Sf shot that promo back in the day. Sadly, he still sucks.

Ugh. Smackdown... Shouldn't be surprised, USA is gonna be pissed when Smackdown's ratings get even worse.

Holy fucking shit just gave a look to Paige's twitter account, Del Rio must be a fucking sex god, for real.

I missed it and it looks like she deleted Tweets. :(

UberTag

this is literally incredible

the raw roster, smackdown roster and now commentary teams have juuuuuust the right shit to good ratio that everything just ends up being shitty

JBL and Otunga will drag down Mauro

Cole and Saxton will drag down Graves

I don't want to watch any of this shit
You know what the proper response is then, right?
Don't give the WWE any of your money and vote with your wallet.

Most disappointing, Scott Steiner wasn't in the draft.

GIMME A FUCKING MIC,

How they fat asses gon have a mofuckin draft without the big bad booty daddy!

Tagyhag

https://www.wwe.com/article/new-wwe-announce-teams-revealed

RAW Announce Team: Cole, Graves, Saxton

SD: Mauro, JBL, Otunga

So, let me get this straight.

You kept Otunga, who shows potential, but is clearly still green in SD instead of NXT.

You move JBL to SD for no reason other than apparently he's the closest heel to King? And in his place you bring Graves who is well-deserved, but will have to share the spotlight with the entertainment void that is Saxton and the Mcmahon puppet that is Cole? When he would have been an infinitely better fit with Mauro?

AND you have the cruiserweight division (SUPERSTARS FORTHCOMING) being called by Cole and Saxton?

What are we doing here Vince? Who wins here?

JBL/Mauro has got some serious potential if they actually let JBL be a pure heel announcer.

Corey Graves calls matches like a serious sports color commentator. I think that probably will work better with the cruiserweight division to be honest.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Of course they didn't split Cass and Enzo

how you gonna do the feud where Enzo turns on Cass and Cass beats him if they did that?

You know what the proper response is then, right?
Don't give the WWE any of your money and vote with your wallet.

Twitter has its own ratings officially recognized by Nielsen. Even just talking about the show now benefits it, so really even giving money no longer is needed, the endgame, or the end all be all of the matter. Fucked up but there's really no longer a way to escape it. You throw out your TV, computer, phone, books, and car where it might be on the radio, all to disengage and disassociate yourself from it, and what do you have left that fills your time, what do you have left that makes you you?

You kept Otunga, who shows potential, but is clearly still green in SD instead of NXT.

You move JBL to SD for no reason other than apparently he's the closest heel to King? And in his place you bring Graves who is well-deserved, but will have to share the spotlight with the entertainment void that is Saxton and the Mcmahon puppet that is Cole? When he would have been an infinitely better fit with Mauro?

AND you have the cruiserweight division (SUPERSTARS FORTHCOMING) being called by Cole and Saxton?

20aUVNH.png

JambiBum

Cole can still be good though. I honestly think that with Graves being on Raw Cole will improve again. I think JBL's style just didn't mesh well with Cole and it brought down the whole team. Maybe Mauro can bring something out in JBL but who knows. Saxton is Saxton and can be mostly ignored.

Tagyhag

JBL/Mauro has got some serious potential if they actually let JBL be a pure heel announcer.

Corey Graves calls matches like a serious sports color commentator. I think that probably will work better with the cruiserweight division to be honest.

Graves will do just fine with the cruiserweights. It's the other two I'm worried about.

So why the brand split? Do the guys get an extra day off now that they don't have to work two TV shows? Ad money for smackdown in trouble?

USA wanted better ratings for SD and if WWE want any leverage at all in their next TV deal (their last one ended when they seriously played themselves and thought they had more demand than they did because wrestling's still in a decline), they needed to give USA more including a live show. This splits the roster into two house show markets and ups PPVs, giving their own Network more material

Anth0ny

JBL has potential if he's allowed to be a heel announcer and not just a mouthpiece for vince's poop jokes. luckily, that was the case for King when he went to Smackdown and the commentary benefited from that.

the problem is still the third man. with mauro and king it was saxton, now it's gonna be otunga. fuck three man commentary teams.

JBL has potential if he's allowed to be a heel announcer and not just a mouthpiece for vince's poop jokes. luckily, that was the case for King when he went to Smackdown and the commentary benefited from that.

the problem is still the third man. with mauro and king it was saxton, now it's gonna be otunga. fuck three man commentary teams.

I agree. Three men are totally unnecessary.

JBL/Mauro could be fun but man, Otunga probably should be Graves' replacement down in NXT.

Nia's reaction to being called up was nice. She was typing away on her phone and then her name gets called and she's like "wait, what".

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hopefully t he split on Raw means we'll get Shoot Cara gimmick.

He's had enough of peoples shit of calling him a botcher. Or the Sin Cara mask carries a tradition of causing the user to be a prick and get into fights backstage with people. Either gimmick is money.

Why is WWE still trying to make Roman Reigns happen? When I went to a RAW last month, he got booed out of the building...and he wasn't even in the building!

this is literally incredible

the raw roster, smackdown roster and now commentary teams have juuuuuust the right shit to good ratio that everything just ends up being shitty

JBL and Otunga will drag down Mauro

Cole and Saxton will drag down Graves

I don't want to watch any of this shit

Ugh...

It really is amazing just when you think these fucking idiots couldn't, they some how find a way do things that are even more stupid. The only thing I should be surprised about is their not splitting up Enzo and Cass because that would've been right up Vince's alley.

The more I think about it the more angry I get.

Top Bottom