• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

Kaiterra

Banned
Well, as someone who watches NXT and has no plans to start watching RAW or Smackdown, I am thrilled about the Mojo/Zack draft picks.

Is it true? There are other people who like Mojo besides me?

Note: I'm not saying he's particularly good at anything but staying hype. But damn do I get a kick out of that. Also, ass-based offense.

UberTag

Idk, I could see The Club still helping AJ as they don't care about the different rosters. At the same time they could build a rapport with Finn so AJ and Finn could feud at one of the combined PPVs over who is the leader of The Club
This will happen at Mania next year after an altercation at the Rumble.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Japanese promotion did an event in a cave
CDJ4lMsW8AIr-XN.jpg:large

I would love to see that

Bowser

Man, honestly outside of AJ the Smackdown roster is hot garbage. Looks like I'll stay with just subjecting myself to 3 hours of RAW and only searching out AJ's matches on Youtube/DVR...so basically what I already do when it comes to WWE.

Zach

Man, honestly outside of AJ the Smackdown roster is hot garbage. Looks like I'll stay with just subjecting myself to 3 hours of RAW and only searching out AJ's matches on Youtube/DVR...so basically what I already do when it comes to WWE.
I hope you're just not familiar with American Alpha and Alexa Bliss. Because they're a delight.

Well first of all I’m not happy to be drafted 17th in the sixth round. I had a feeling I should have been drafted a little higher, hoping to be at least top 10. Just looking at the rosters, and what the GM's talked about, and how SD was going to be the wrestling show, all about the in-ring product, all about the the superstars, not necessarily about the GM's and all that drama. I feel I would have been a better fit for SD, but just like my career here so far there always stumble blocks I have to overcome.
Shootsaro

Bowser

I hope you're just not familiar with American Alpha and Alexa Bliss. Because they're a delight.

I like AA, but none of those potential matchups are interesting whatsoever to me. The Usos? The Ascension? Bleh. Would rather they be on RAW feuding with New Day, Enzo & Cass, The Club, etc.

Alexa Bliss is not my cup of tea. Meh. RAW's women division >>> Smackdown. Becky was my least favorite of the Four Horsewomen (poor Bayley), so them building the SD women's division around her is not at all exciting to me.

shaowebb

Draft for those that missed it.

WWE.com said:
Round No. 1
1. Seth Rollins - Raw
2. WWE Champion Dean Ambrose - SmackDown Live
3. WWE Women's Champion Charlotte - Raw
4. AJ Styles - SmackDown Live
5. Finn Bálor - Raw from NXT

Round No. 2
6. Roman Reigns - Raw
7. John Cena - SmackDown Live
8. Brock Lesnar - Raw
9. Randy Orton - SmackDown Live
10. WWE Tag Team Champions The New Day - Raw

Round No. 3
11. Sami Zayn - Raw
12. Bray Wyatt - SmackDown Live
13. Sasha Banks - Raw
14. Becky Lynch - SmackDown Live
15. Chris Jericho - Raw

Round No. 4
16. United States Champion Rusev (with Lana) - Raw
17. Intercontinental Champion The Miz (with Maryse) - SmackDown Live
18. Kevin Owens - Raw
19. Baron Corbin - SmackDown Live
20. Enzo & Cass - Raw

Round No. 5
21. Gallows and Anderson - Raw
22. American Alpha - SmakDown Live from NXT
23. Big Show - Raw
24. Dolph Ziggler - SmackDown Live
25. Nia Jax - Raw from NXT

Round No. 6
26. Neville - Raw
27. Natalya - SmackDown Live
28. Cesaro - Raw
29. Alberto Del Rio - SmackDown Live
30. Sheamus - Raw

Round No. 7 (announced during WWE Draft Center Live on WWE Network)
31. Golden Truth - Raw
32. The Usos - SmackDown Live
33. Titus O'Neil - Raw
34. Demon Kane - SmackDown Live
35. Paige - Raw

Round No. 8 (announced during WWE Draft Center Live on WWE Network)
36. Darren Young (with Bob Backlund) - Raw
37. Kalisto - SmackDown Live
38. Sin Cara - Raw
39. Naomi - SmackDown Live
40. Jack Swagger - Raw
41. The Ascension - SmackDown Live

Round No. 9 (announced during WWE Draft Center Live on WWE Network)
42. The Dudley Boyz - Raw
43. Zack Ryder - SmackDown Live
44. Summer Rae - Raw
45. Apollo Crews - SmackDown Live
46. Mark Henry - Raw
47. Alexa Bliss (from NXT)

Round No. 10 Picks (announced during WWE Draft Center Live on WWE Network)
48. Braun Strowman - Raw
49. Breezango - SmackDown Live
50. Bo Dallas - Raw
51. Eva Marie - SmackDown Live
52. Shining Stars - Raw
53. The Vaudevillains - SmackDown Live

Round No. 11 (announced during WWE Draft Center Live on WWE Network)
54. Alicia Fox - Raw
55. Erick Rowan - SmackDown Live
56. Dana Brooke - Raw
57. Mojo Rawley - SmackDown Live from NXT
58. Curtis Axel - Raw
59. Carmella - SmackDown Live from NXT
Undrafted
Heath Slater

Barrage

Feeling bad for:

1.Cesaro
2.DelRio/Paige
3.Anderson and Gallows
4. Becky Lynch

I don't think anyone expected Smackdown's roster to be this bad.

I was gonna say it'd be stupid to have your arch rival as your partner as soon as you get on the main roster but then I remembered all that dumb 4 Horsewomen shit they do
I think the only thing that really matters this day and age in the WWE is the Face/Heel association. Everything else seems to just be ancillary, especially if it was not on main roster.

imBask

Banned
why is Rowan out of the wyatt family again? his first singles run failed miserably

EDIT : nevermind it's Strowman who is out, makes sense

In the moment, I could see how you'd think Smackdown's roster was bad. How could it not when you're waiting for every pick to be Nak or Joe? But it's pretty solid when it's all said and done.

RAW looks like it'll be pretty much the same show. Smackdown led by AJ Styles will be MUST WATCH. WOOOOOOOOOOO LUCHA THING

Top Bottom