• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Tomorrow night, we show them who's the boss though.

I am honestly VERY excited for Smackdown. I think it just needs a bit better of a midcard and it'll be fine. Hopefully they get a lot of the surprises over the next few months.

I'm pretty sure Smackdown is getting Bayley for one thing, but some rando ass midcarders would really fill things up.

KissVibes

Banned
So much of the booking I don't understand.

Why not just have him come back as a face?

Because Roman seemed like the guy, I guess.

Rollins was PRIMED for a face return. That fucking minidoc could've put him so over as a babyface that knew he was wrong and wanted to come back right. WWE fucked up, now they can fix it.

I doubt Vince is going to just forget about Roman. It might just take a while.

Y'all remember how long Trips was punished for curtain call? Years. And he took it all, just like I bet Roman will do.

Sorry folks, this ain't the end of Roman being "The Guy".
That's not inherently a bad thing?

Someone can get their shit together in that time, especially if he had to deal with that much pressure/expectations. He knows the situation with the fans hating him, it's just a matter of him trying to learn "why" and work towards fixing it or just saying "who cares I do this for kids" and not changing

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The only thing I think that episode could really improve is having Finn look a little more badass even if he's a little dude rather than coming off like the later-era goofy Daniel Bryan.

Bowser

From thinking they were going to stick Balor into a boring feud with Jericho to getting a title feud with Based Seth.

Raw tonight was awesome. Smackdown has a lot to live up to.

Romans career was ruined when he won the 2015 Rumble. I truly believe there is no way to salvage this guy, unless he gets a major repackaging and booking treatment.

I am honestly VERY excited for Smackdown. I think it just needs a bit better of a midcard and it'll be fine. Hopefully they get a lot of the surprises over the next few months.

I'm pretty sure Smackdown is getting Bayley for one thing, but some rando ass midcarders would really fill things up.
We're going for many surprises tomrrow. I hope no one has broken televisions because it would be so un cool to miss what's in store tomorrow night.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Because Roman seemed like the guy, I guess.

Rollins was PRIMED for a face return. That fucking minidoc could've put him so over as a babyface that knew he was wrong and wanted to come back right. WWE fucked up, now they can fix it.

They lucked into the whole Roman thing if you think about it. Seth hasn't done anything truly heelish since coming back besides being right about Roman and dissing the fans. Nothing that couldn't be fixed in a program with a heel as hell reigns.

Ithil

RAW felt good and fresh today. That could fade after the new sheen wears off, and they don't have so many major things happening, but for this week, it was a fine episode.

Also it's true, if you just commit to the right talent, you can make a new star in one night, not two yers.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Romans career was ruined when he won the 2015 Rumble. I truly believe there is no way to salvage this guy, unless he gets a major repackaging and booking treatment.

They have this thing where characters switch alignments that makes more sense now than it ever made sense before and they didn't pull the trigger.

His last three appearances on TV involved him losing clean, so I wouldn't be surprised if they end up going that way.

From thinking they were going to stick Balor into a boring feud with Jericho to getting a title feud with Based Seth.

Raw tonight was awesome. Smackdown has a lot to live up to.

Same I was sure Balor and Jericho was gonna feud for a few months. It'll be interesting to see where Reigns goes from here..I really think they need to turn him heel.

Kaiterra

Banned
The only thing I think that episode could really improve is having Finn look a little more badass even if he's a little dude rather than coming off like the later-era goofy Daniel Bryan.

It really got to me today how huge a difference there is between how hot Finn can be when he's "on" and how much of a dork he can come across as when he's not hehe

It's kind of endearing

nah, we gotta let Sunny have them cheap pops mentioning that podcast

lol good callback, I remember those posts

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The whole issue with Roman was they pushed him much too hard, much too fastly. People wanted to like Roman and did like Roman but he should have been an upper midcarder for a little while that showed as a visible threat to the championship before jumping right in the mix.

course Finn getting pushed immediately into a world title championship on one of WWE's biggest PPV for a brand new title seems like way too much way too soon but what do I know.

The fallout from this show is way more important than what happened tonight. There needs to be a ton of character development in the next few months. The amount of power shifts in the last 2 nights is huge. The roster has to react and evolve. Reigns, Rollins, AJ, Gallows and Anderson, Finn, Cena, Bray, etc. should all have a ton to say by next week.

RAW felt good and fresh today. That could fade after the new sheen wears off, and they don't have so many major things happening, but for this week, it was a fine episode.

Also it's true, if you just commit to the right talent, you can make a new star in one night, not two yers.

I agree, Sasha's win was the right move.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They have this thing where characters switch alignments that makes more sense now than it ever made sense before and they didn't pull the trigger.

His last three appearances on TV involved him losing clean, so I wouldn't be surprised if they end up going that way.

He got the heel announcer treatment in two of those losses as well. Last night and tonight, though last night was sort of camouflaged by blatant brand favoritism. It's coming unless they truly fuck up.

Tagyhag

That's not inherently a bad thing?

Someone can get their shit together in that time, especially if he had to deal with that much pressure/expectations. He knows the situation with the fans hating him, it's just a matter of him trying to learn "why" and work towards fixing it or just saying "who cares I do this for kids" and not changing

Oh no I agree.

I still have hope that Roman will has his "Rocky -> The Rock" moment.

We should all hope so. The more talent in the business the better.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
In a Kayfabe world where Brock Lesnar is the mayor of Suplex City? I think not.

88338d822460b2697b08c7bb0e525ffd.jpg

GunBR

Actually, now that I have a minute to digest, I wonder if this is all part of Vince's plan. Make some sort of crazy redemptive arc for Reigns where he gains the sympathy of the people before winning the rumble again.

WHAT COULD GO WRONG
Well, after last year Mania Roman spend six months fighting Big Show and the Wyatts until he fought for the title again, and this only happened because Seth got hurt

I can see they doing the same thing again

The fallout from this show is way more important than what happened tonight. There's needs to be a ton of character development in the next few months. The amount of power shifts in the last 2 nights is huge. The roster has to react and evolve. Reigns, Rollins, AJ, Gallows and Anderson, Finn, Cena, Bray, etc. should all have a ton to say by next week.

Yeah man this is an exciting time to be a WWE fan. After tonight nothing but good can come from the next 2 months of WWE TV....I hope..

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Well, after last year Mania Roman spend six months fighting Big Show and the Wyatts until he fought for the title again, and this only happened because Seth got hurt

I can see they doing the same thing again

Those fights were really good too, it's just no one liked RR anymore because of the rumble.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
as much as i like to take my njpw snipes

raw was more interesting than anything that has happened in g1 so far. no snipe needed.

Reigns screwed Reigns

They were completely fine with two years of him being booed and stuck by him the whole way. He fucked up by deciding to take whatever drug failed that test.

I can't believe he had everything in his hand and squeezed

Toki767

I was honestly hoping Sasha's promo was going to be that she was going to be such a fighting champion that she'd defend the Women's Championship on Smackdown too.

She didn't really say much otherwise.

So what can we expect on Smackdown tomorrow?

A returning Randy Orton...

Dean Ambrose being crazy...

Mojo Rawly follow up...

IT'S OK WE GOT THIS SMACKDOWNKAVELI

The absolute best thing they could do with Smackdown tomorrow is model the show after NXT

Keep it with the smaller feel and I think they can make it work

If they make it "Raw but worse".....good luck

Top Bottom