• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

orioto

Good Art™
FvQmHa0h.jpg

It's just alternate universe flamboyant KO, don't worry

Just finished watching all of Raw despite figuring I would skip through it like I always do. I mean, what the hell? I don't have a single complaint about tonight's episode. Nia and Braun looked great in Jobber matches! I can't believe jobber matches are back, and I'm loving it. The fatal four ways were good fun, but Sasha and Charlotte tore the house down, even though they almost killed themselves in the process. I even thought the main event was good and I'm not a Reigns fan or a big Balor guy at all. Reigns is starting to open up for me in the ring a little bit, I'm enjoying all of the power moves he is starting to use. Too bad he is still reliant on that stupid arm jacking thing and the superman punch. The superman punch would be ok if it wasn't used as a signature move. I even felt happy for the guy when the crowd started chanting for him in the fatal four way. He's also seemed to cut down on the sarcastic demeanor and his matches will be much more exciting knowing that he's not being booked like 2005-2012 John Cena.

Hopefully Smackdown will be able to keep up the momentum, despite the nerfed roster.

Forkball

It's poetic that Finn main evented over Sasha where the reverse should have happened.

Just like at Brooklyn..
The female talent is there, but I can't get into these storylines. These "her dream has come true, she won the championship!" storylines have zero impact because the women's division feels more like a revolving door instead of a ladder where there is clear progression. Bayley vs. Asuka was a much better storyline because Bayley was booked as a strong champion and they just had Asuka kill people since her debut. So when they finally met, it felt like a natural progression of both their stories. Not to mention the clear divide between in ring style and attitude. You could say the same thing for Bayley vs Banks in NXT. On the main roster, all the women run together. Charlotte has done a good job defining her character, but tell me about Raw's Sasha Banks. She uh, likes Eddie Guerrero! Snoop Dogg! I know the women don't get as much time as they should, but you can still make effective storylines and characters.

Kurita

Just watched RAW, man that was a greaaaaaaaat show. Felt so fresh.
Charlotte vs Sasha was fantastic, and the absence of Dana made the thing even better. Further proof that she's useless.
Balor looked like a king.
Both F4W were entertaining.
Some new camera angles that weren't vomit inducing. Graves is great as usual.
The Up Next visuals were dope.

My babies Ambrose, Miz and Sasha are all champs, what a time to be alive. I'm hyped for SD.

Wonder how having to work 20 minute matches every Monday will effect injuries
I'm hoping that much like how Seth sat out last night, they use the opportunity to rotate guys in and out of actively having long matches every week. Toss that in with squashes and the wrestlers could theoretically get more time to rest up.

EDIT: Just checked the roster. About a third of them didn't work matches last night. If they book and schedule wisely, they should be just fine. A big if, I know.

Laws00

does WWE still put out compilation music cds or Itunes stuff?

Wondering what WWE The Music Volume they are on if they still do that stuff

And does Jim Johnston still make all the themes?

does WWE still put out compilation music cds or Itunes stuff?

Wondering what WWE The Music Volume they are on if they still do that stuff

And does Jim Johnston still make all the themes?

The last one they did was volume 10, everything now just goes up on Spotify/iTunes/etc. as singles.

Jim does very little if any themes now, CFO$ makes them.

Striker

I died when Sasha did the Eddie spot. How can you ever dislike someone who picks him as her favorite of all time?
Remember when CM Punk did the 3 Amigos in his match vs. Chavo and the crowd turned on him and started cheering for Chavo. Good times.

kiguel182

Raw was good. JBL being taken out of commentary made it so much better.

Also, HHH's boy is going to SummerSlam! Reigns will bounce back but at least he won't be on top for a month or so.

I'm really happy for Sasha. It was a great match too.

Let's see what Smackdown brings to the table but Raw was a great wrestling show.

Raw was great and the commentary was so much better without JBL.

Trouble is I start looking forward to Smackdown and remember JBL is on there now. I just hope Mauro can balance out JBL's shityness.

Raw was great and the commentary was so much better without JBL.

Trouble is I start looking forward to Smackdown and remember JBL is on there now. I just hope Mauro can balance out JBL's shityness.

JBL was good back in the day on smackdown.

Maybe without vince in his ear (assuming vince isn't micromanaging smackdown now that it's live - he'll be back to how he used to be.

Positives:

- New Theme
- Logo Transitions
- No JBL
- Using actual jobbers in squash situations
- Post match interviews (Good use of Saxton)
- Long matches with quality wrestling

Negatives:
- I was really hoping they would move the entrance to the centre from off to the side.

shanafan

The title was hot shotted with no build which leads to speculation

I wouldn't say there was no build for Sasha winning. She has been feuding with Charlotte for awhile now.

If it was Paige or Becky who won it last night, then that would have been strange. Sasha winning makes sense.

Positives:

- New Theme
- Logo Transitions
- No JBL
- Using actual jobbers in squash situations
- Post match interviews (Good use of Saxton)
- Long matches with quality wrestling

Negatives:
- I was really hoping they would move the entrance to the centre from off the side.

That jobber with no chin was incredible

Also, was Axel the only one to receive a jobber entrance from the actual roster? Maybe Strawman as well?

Less jobber entrances for roster talent would be good.

Jamie OD

wtf is all this talk of Charlotte getting a wellness violation?

Her physique over the last two days does look a little more pudgy and less defined than usual, which is sometimes a sign that someone is off their "wellness" cycle. Also everyone now thinks a pushed wrestler losing out of nowhere may mean wellness problems. However it is most likely WWE just wanted to do a title change for their new look Raw.

So are the social outcasts done because that would suck

Also hope we don't get demon finn at summerslam. It's such a bad thing because his wrestling style doesn't change in one bit so the whole "something deep down" doesn't work.

Kurita

Her physique over the last two days does look a little more pudgy and less defined than usual. Also everyone now thinks a pushed wrestler losing out of nowhere may mean wellness problems. However it is most likely WWE just wanted to do a title change for their new look Raw.

Honestly, "pudgy" Charlotte is
4Joe7b7.png

That tummy

So happy Sasha won but I really wish it was at Summerslam. The moment and celebration would have been so much bigger.

She also needs to get better with this constant changing between smiling and boss attitude.

bjork

So happy Sasha won but I really wish it was at Summerslam. The moment and celebration would have been so much bigger.

She also needs to get better with this constant changing between smiling and boss attitude.

She looked caught up in the moment, so after tonight I bet that happens less.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Honestly last night's RAW was one of the best in awhile.

However, that just might be because it's the inaugural episode of this 'new era', so who if they can keep momentum next week.

Stat!

Truthfully, I loved Raw last night. Roman seemed way more badass than usual but I cant stand that they keep picking Roman for these title chances despite Steph hating him. I skipped around here and there which always helps but it was really good. Commentary was awesome.

Top Bottom