• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

klonere

Banned
Watched Finn pin Roman again during my lunch.

Even though I bitch a ton about him...I'm still a mark. Maybe I am okay with him being a super straight ahead babyface with some seasoning when it comes to big PPV matches.

Probably not though.

Her physique over the last two days does look a little more pudgy and less defined than usual, which is sometimes a sign that someone is off their "wellness" cycle. Also everyone now thinks a pushed wrestler losing out of nowhere may mean wellness problems. However it is most likely WWE just wanted to do a title change for their new look Raw.

It was a joke tweet because she dropped the title like Roman did before he was suspended.

The title was hot shotted with no build which leads to speculation

Thanks for the answers guys. Wrestling twitter can get real weird when it comes to rumours about the women.

klonere

Banned
CoQJXPVUEAELKfE.jpg:small

Entropia

No One Remembers
I'm actually happy that the Women's title changed hands on RAW.

I think it's been called out before but there have been very very very few title changes on RAW, so it's nice to know that the title can change hands on TV.

They need to hurry up and get us to Roman Reigns Revengeance where he turns heel and I can get back on the Reign train, I want to love that sit out powerbomb.

Hex

Banned
The biggest progress last night, and the one thing that gives me a little hope was that they used scrubs to job for Nia and for Strowman.
6 months ago that would have been Bo, or Ryder or Sin Cara.
Now they can be all monsterish and not have to put anyone down.

If Reigns gets rid of that stupid superman punch I could definitely enjoy his matches

Yeah my gf, who barely watched wrestling and only watched the ppvs with me always gets annoyed with that punch because it's meant to do be some powerful move but it doesn't do anything. And he keeps repeating it.

Also I'm glad that Finn had a successful night last night. I've always been a fan of him but even more when I started following him on social media. He strikes me as someone who genuinely cares about the fans and to me that means a lot. I hope he loses at SS but I think he and Rollins can put on a hell of a match.

MC Safety

The biggest progress last night, and the one thing that gives me a little hope was that they used scrubs to job for Nia and for Strowman.
6 months ago that would have been Bo, or Ryder or Sin Cara.
Now they can be all monsterish and not have to put anyone down.

Jobber matches really aren't that fun to watch.

At least when Bo wrestles Strowman you can imagine Bo doing something spectacular to eke out a win.

Anth0ny

these Nintendo NX news...

CM-Punk-Laughing-to-Himself.gif

it's gonna bomb lol

besides the nintendo kids on neogaf, literally no one is going to buy this shit. it'll be wii u all over again. they keep trying to do their own, weird, unique, different thing, when in reality people just watch gta and minecraft on a powerful console.

rrc1594

I enjoyed Raw but what is KO and Sami going to be doing?

Sami has been the Top Performer this year in 3 of Top 5 matches this year

Sephzilla

these Nintendo NX news...

CM-Punk-Laughing-to-Himself.gif

Assuming this is true, I think it's hilarious that Nintendo can't seem to understand that gamers want a no-gimmicks home console that plays nice looking games especially when the XB1 is selling respectably and the PS4 is putting up near GOAT numbers.

jmdajr

I enjoyed Raw but what is KO and Sami going to be doing?

Sami has been the Top Performer this year in 3 of Top 5 matches this year

I think they should do something like Matt Hardy and MVP mixed with old school Hardcore Championship.

Just fight everywhere for any reason.

In the locker room, at the airport, at panera bread, etc.

Sephzilla

A tegra powered portable is just about the best thing ever. Powerful handhelds are the best.

I haven't wanted an NX as much as I want one right now.

Nintendo apparently pushing all in on a dying sector of the gaming industry is the most Nintendo thing possible

miserable

Assuming this is true, I think it's hilarious that Nintendo can't seem to understand that gamers want a no-gimmicks home console that plays nice looking games especially when the XB1 is selling respectably and the PS4 is putting up near GOAT numbers.

POWER EFFICIENCY and OPTIMUM COOLING are things that gamers look for most in a console! Not to mention COMPACT DESIGN because everyone lives in small japanese appartments.

Really happy for Sasha. <3 It was awesome but really wish it had been at Summerslam, the pop would have been even bigger.

Balor was cool.

"Nuff said." lololol.

Aiii

So not worth it

I think Nintendo have properly realized there is barely enough market to support one console right now, two is pushing it and three is just not happening when the PC market is so strong.

The handheld market though, that is their domain. It is very smart to go all in on that market, while allowing a traditional console connection as well. My Shield TV performs just splendidly graphics-wise , so it will be fine on that front.

Nintendo apparently pushing all in on a dying sector of the gaming industry is the most Nintendo thing possible
Ask MS how amazing the home console market is.

jmdajr

So..how many Wii's taped together?

Personally I am totally whatevs. Nintendo is irrelevant to me as the center of my living room.

This is a good path for them. They haven't been able to play the other game for awhile now. Gimmicks just kept them affloat for a bit.

I think Nintendo is recognizing a shift in the gaming market and trying to get out in front of it. People want to ignore and dismiss mobile, but this could be a pretty big bridge between a console audience and mobile audience.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

They already have those, they don't need more

would be silly for Nintendo to try to compete where they're outclassed

If the NX is a quality made thing Ill be interested.

Nintendo hardware just feels a bit too "kids section" right now. 3DS and Wii U screens are are amazingly bad

My favorite part of the NX thread are all of the people saying "it's a hybrid console?? dude check my post history, I called this"

It was the biggest longstanding rumor about the NX, congrats on calling it

Sephzilla

would be silly for Nintendo to try to compete where they're outclassed

I think Nintendo feels they're outclassed when they're actually not. A system that could handle most third-party games plus solid Nintendo games would probably light up the charts these days. And before people bring up the GameCube - that system probably had the worst first party lineup of any Nintendo system.

Nintendo doesn't want to get into the arms race that console gaming is becoming now with the Neo and Scorpio stuff. And they want to invest in mobile, which coming off of Pokemon Go seems like a smart move. We'll see how it works with their full focus.

jmdajr

If this is 199.99 and has a Virtual console library based on a reasonable yearly fee, maybe I would bite.

But those guys won't sell you diddly at cost. 250 is probably reaching.

bjork

I think Nintendo is recognizing a shift in the gaming market and trying to get out in front of it. People want to ignore and dismiss mobile, but this could be a pretty big bridge between a console audience and mobile audience.

I'm curious to see what it is, but I won't see it as anything more than the next Nintendo machine. Nintendo hasn't really displayed some knack for being out in front of any market, but more of having the right thing at the right time on multiple occasions in their history. Doesn't mean the games aren't fun or well-made, mind you.

If this is 199.99 and has a Virtual console library based on a reasonable yearly fee, maybe I would bite.

But those guys won't sell you diddly at cost. 250 is probably reaching.

I would go $250 for something like that, but it needs to be capable of playing every system and not being kneecapped like the 3DS was.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Good PPV and good Raw. Think we can get a good SD? (I say yes)

jmdajr

I'm curious to see what it is, but I won't see it as anything more than the next Nintendo machine. Nintendo hasn't really displayed some knack for being out in front of any market, but more of having the right thing at the right time on multiple occasions in their history. Doesn't mean the games aren't fun or well-made, mind you.

I would go $250 for something like that, but it needs to be capable of playing every system and not being kneecapped like the 3DS was.

I thought N Virtual Console had made advancements by leaps and bounds, but from what I have read...nope.

Top Bottom