• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

Pikma

Banned
Nintendo is stupid for going after all those expensive, and totally unpopular, gimmicks, but you know who's even more stupid? the people who expects them to do anything different and throws a fit when they read they're not interested in graphics parity.

sometimes, just like with people complaining about the WWE but continuing to watch it, the best decision is to move on.

I'm thinking JBL will be better next to Mauro considering they share a lot of common ground (both like to make references to history and the sports side of wrestling). We'll see I guess.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nintendo is stupid for going after all those expensive, and totally unpopular, gimmicks, but you know who's even more stupid? the people who expects them to do anything different and throws a fit when they read they're not interested in graphics parity.

sometimes, just like with people complaining about the WWE but continuing to watch it, the best decision is to move on.

Even after a hot Raw, which was great, people still complaining. "This shouldn't have been here" "this loss shouldn't have happened" "nobody was selling"

enjoy the goddamn show

Ithil

A tegra powered portable is just about the best thing ever. Powerful handhelds are the best.

I haven't wanted an NX as much as I want one right now.

Well you must be a kid then, only a kid would want that, unlike a mature and responsible adult like me. I am definitely an adult unlike others.

All consoles are toys, people, don't get illusions about that so you can look down on others. Just play the things and enjoy them.

Anth0ny

So yeah, Lapsed Fan is definitely not for me. Don't need 3 hours of their shitty fans emailing in about the chick they railed 10 years ago, which diva they wanted to do playboy most, and yearning for the era of sexism, followed by 4 hours of the hosts in hysterics over their "jokes". Sorry dudes. Don't get it.

they split the podcast in two, so you can actually skip all the fan emails and go straight into their analysis of the show.

i personally like hearing people reminisce about the good old days, and the hosts personality/humor prevent it from getting boring.

but yeah if you don't like their humor I can see why it wouldn't be for you. that's the main hook imo. the various impressions/use of carny language kills me damn near every time.

I think Nintendo feels they're outclassed when they're actually not. A system that could handle most third-party games plus solid Nintendo games would probably light up the charts these days. And before people bring up the GameCube - that system probably had the worst first party lineup of any Nintendo system.

don't make me shoot on you seph

gamecube first party was god tier. the problem with that console was the "barney the dinosaur" kiddy marketing, mini discs and a controller that lacked buttons.

if nintendo pulled it all together and released a console on par/stronger than the competition, with third party support, strong first party output and nothing that makes you say "lol nintendo" like we've been saying since the fucking n64, they'd probably have a very successful console. at least more successful than these gimmicky shits they keep pushing out.

Well you must be a kid then, only a kid would want that, unlike a mature and responsible adult like me. I am definitely an adult unlike others.

All consoles are toys, people, don't get illusions about that so you can look down on others. Just play the things and enjoy them.

you play pokemon go, kid? walking around staring at a phone screen catching anime creatures?

Sephzilla

I'm one of those people. But I think I'm at the point of acceptance where Nintendo is never going to put out the system I want

don't make me shoot on you seph

gamecube first party was god tier. the problem with that console was the "barney the dinosaur" kiddy marketing, mini discs and a controller that lacked buttons.

if nintendo pulled it all together and released a console on par/stronger than the competition, with third party support, strong first party output and nothing that makes you say "lol nintendo" like we've been saying since the fucking n64, they'd probably have a very successful console. at least more successful than these gimmicky shits they keep pushing out.

Mario Sunshine was shit
Double Dash was shit
Star Fox Adventures was shit
Wind Waker was shit compared to Ocarina and Majora
It has most of the shitty Mario Party games

GameCube's lineup was like amateur hour compared to the N64 and SNES.

giphy.gif

Having Charlotte lose the title to Sasha on Raw was cool but that feels like it should have been a SummerSlam moment
I wonder if they originally wanted to take longer to build Sasha/Charlotte but decided they should start the build for Sasha/Bayley instead for the next WM. Give her the title now, still work with Charlotte/whoever but you can pretty much guarantee the guest partner thing is the first step in their "once friends, now bitter enemies" video package (besides NXT)

bjork

The marketing was fine, the discs were fine, but I'll grant you the controller.

I like Mario Sunshine quite well, but I see why many people don't. Animal Crossing and Waverace were great, but worst Mario Kart, worst Smash, too many Mario [thing] games, etc. The best first-party release is probably the Zelda collection.

I'm one of those people. But I think I'm at the point of acceptance where Nintendo is never going to put out the system I want

No, the problem is that they already did it. It was called the SNES. The world evolved, but Nintendo Future refused to change.

Pikma

Banned

I mean, I will end up getting whatever NX is the moment they announce Splatoon 2 but outside of that, I don't expect much from it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Just let em go

It'll be ok

You don't need em

enjoy other kideos

build a PC

I fully expect Raw the gradually drop everything cool that they did last night as time goes on, WWE has a habit of trying things once and completely forgetting about them.

The match during commercials was apparently a one time thing.

There was the time they tried the old school PIP interviews for about 2 weeks before giving up.

You can never count on them for having any kind of consistency.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Vacant must be so proud to be crowned the new champion.

Anth0ny

Mario Sunshine was shit
Double Dash was shit
Star Fox Adventures was shit
Wind Waker was shit compared to Ocarina and Majora
It has most of the shitty Mario Party games

GameCube's lineup was like amateur hour compared to the N64 and SNES.

giphy.gif

Why I oughta...

Sunshine was amazing. Melee is one of the GOATs. Metroid Prime is one of the GOATs. You had the GOAT Paper Mario. F-Zero GX.
WHAT
Pikmin.
WHAT
Resident Evil 4.
WHAT
REmake.
WHAT

Though I can't dispute the bolded, Gamecube's lineup was still great!

The marketing was fine, the discs were fine, but I'll grant you the controller.

It wasn't. Gamecube became the kiddy, fisher price console when matoor games like GTAIII and Halo ruled the world. The mini discs also held less data than the traditional DVDs of the PS2 and Xbox, which made things difficult for third parties.

Pikma

Banned
I fully expect Raw the gradually drop everything cool that they did last night as time goes on, WWE has a habit of trying things once and completely forgetting about them.

The match during commercials was apparently a one time thing.

There was the time they tried the old school PIP interviews for about 2 weeks before giving up.

You can never count on them for having any kind of consistency.

this episode reminded me of the first two or three Raws after this year's WM, then Payback happened and they went back to the same boring shit.

bjork

It wasn't. Gamecube became the kiddy, fisher price console when matoor games like GTAIII and Halo ruled the world. The mini discs also held less data than the traditional DVDs of the PS2 and Xbox, which made things difficult for third parties.

Considering that they had driven third parties away with N64 carts already, they weren't worried about third parties as much as MS or Sony.

Also, the N64 was put out with a giant plastic Pikachu on the console at some point. Compared to that, the GC looked like something from Sharper Image.

Sephzilla

Sunshine was amazing. Melee is one of the GOATs. Metroid Prime is one of the GOATs. You had the GOAT Paper Mario. F-Zero GX.
WHAT
Pikmin.
WHAT
Resident Evil 4.
WHAT
REmake.
WHAT

RE4 and REmake weren't first party games.

Also (I know I'm in the minority with this) fuck Melee. If Brawl didn't happen it would be my least favorite Smash game.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I need to get on the whole build-a-PC thing.

Lemme tell ya, Doom just feels RIGHT on a mouse and keyboard. I feel so much better with it as opposed to the controller. It's so gorgeous.

Smash Bros is shit no matter which version you play, so that discussion is rather pointless.

I've never been much of a fan of Smash Bros. Not a party game kind of guy unless it's Drawful.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The only way SD is gonna live up to Raw is if they have AJ Styles get the title match against Ambrose, but I don't really think they can squeeze that into SS because it would be wasting a hot Cena-Styles feud.

I have no idea who Ambrose can even fight. I guess Bray could finally get a main event slot or something.

bjork

The only way SD is gonna live up to Raw is if they have AJ Styles get the title match against Ambrose, but I don't really think they can squeeze that into SS because it would be wasting a hot Cena-Styles feud.

I have no idea who Ambrose can even fight. I guess Bray could finally get a main event slot or something.

Whoever had that HHH theory a few pages back was probably on the money.

Caderfix

Wasn't the first Raw with Shane running it like really good, but then by the next week or two it was back to bleh

It wasn't nearly as good, specially if you take in consideration the format and new dynamics. This RAW felt genuinely fresh, from looks and commentary to even how the performers worked.

Sephzilla

kane-laugh-o.gif

Look, Finn is pretty vanilla to me, and clearly I'm not alone.

But he's over. He gets pops. As much as we talk about there being no difference between demon and regular balor, people eat it up.

They want to push Balor hard and they have. They want to establish that he's not just another guy.

I think sami is the biggee star and Id have loved to see Sami/Rollins

Finn can learn a lot from sami, especially selling and showing some emotion in a match. Sami has cut better promos and looked more believable

Im kind of upset he was in a fatal four way. I worry it cooled him off, but Im hoping he gets a big feud next week

I dont get the Balor love, and while I like seeing Roman become mortalized, I dont really care about Finn. I think even Cesaro getting a win on Roman would have been wonderful. Somehow, it would have been more believable, as seeing Finn win just looks like Roman is being nerfed hard

Wwe has better stars than Balor thay deservd the rub off Reigns. I just hope Balor can do something besides the stale nxt stuff.

Angry Grimace

I mean, I almost like the idea of HHH coming in to do the job but I think you make your roster look fucking weak as shit if you have to bring in ringers on the first PPV.

That brand needs Samoa Joe, and it needs Samoa Joe yesterday.

It wasn't nearly as good, specially if you take in consideration the format and new dynamics. This RAW felt genuinely fresh, from looks and commentary to even how the performers worked.
Oh definitely, there's a bunch of improvements that weren't there before. But I mean they're working hard to put their best foot forward for this one week to get people's attention. I hope they keep putting in a similar amount of effort for other weeks

Sucks to not have the announce table at ringside but that shot of them standing in front of the whole arena is awesome.

Lemme tell ya, Doom just feels RIGHT on a mouse and keyboard. I feel so much better with it as opposed to the controller. It's so gorgeous.

I've never been much of a fan of Smash Bros. Not a party game kind of guy unless it's Drawful.

I'm pretty sure I haven't played a FPS with a mouse and keyboard since the days of System Shock 2 and Duke Nukem 3D.

I am old.

klonere

Banned
Kenneth Johnson needs to be King of the Jobbers. The man was BORN to be a jobber that heels beat up.

That's how Smackdown wins, signing American Hero, Kenneth Johnson to a 5 year exclusive contract.

God Bless America

CWC_USA_KennethJohnson--b9dd462b2693638ff5a931ae01488e50.jpg

November is a crazy month in BritWres:

7th WWE Raw Taping - Glasgow Hydro
8th WWE Smackdown Taping - Glasgow Hydro
10th RPW/NJPW Global Wars
11th RPW/NJPW Global Wars
18th ROH UK tour
19th ROH UK tour
18th PCW
19th PCW in same city as ROH
20th ROH UK tour
20th ICW Fear and Loathing IX - Glasgow Hydro (13000 capacity)
25th PCW/ROH Supershow
26th PCW/ROH Supershow
27th PROGRESS

As well as the rest of the WWE tour running from 4th till 10th.

Poor ICW.

sora87

Legit shocked at Balor going clean over Roman, whoa.
Also happy Sasha finally has her belt.
Universal Championship though...
W9jXXjY.gif

klonere

Banned
November is a crazy month in BritWres:

7th WWE Raw Taping - Glasgow Hydro
8th WWE Smackdown Taping - Glasgow Hydro
10th RPW/NJPW Global Wars
11th RPW/NJPW Global Wars
18th ROH UK tour
19th ROH UK tour
18th PCW
19th PCW in same city as ROH
20th ROH UK tour
20th ICW Fear and Loathing IX - Glasgow Hydro (13000 capacity)
25th PCW/ROH Supershow
26th PCW/ROH Supershow
27th PROGRESS

As well as the rest of the WWE tour running from 4th till 10th.

Poor ICW.

Yeah even if ICW had kept the ball rolling since last year (which they have not from what I have read) they'd be in a real tough spot.

Now they are in a "this show might kill the company" situation.

Look, Finn is pretty vanilla to me, and clearly I'm not alone.

But he's over. He gets pops. As much as we talk about there being no difference between demon and regular balor, people eat it up.

They want to push Balor hard and they have. They want to establish that he's not just another guy.

More importantly, Balor is popular with women.
UYcLQGb.jpg

Soon, Roman won't even have this to cling to:
XkDcVeq.gif

And there will be only this:
reigns-entrance.gif

1348213385421180968.gif

XUsd02E.gif

Top Bottom