• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

Zach

Spoilers!

I've actually been wondering how long it takes for the nWo to return. Heh...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I never understood why Bret didn't change his look when he went to WCW. Him and Perfect.

Like when Hogan goes through more appearance changes than you, that says something.

Zach

I never understood why Bret didn't change his look when he went to WCW. Him and Perfect.

Like when Hogan goes through more appearance changes than you, that says something.

Like, what were you looking for? New color scheme? A haircut? Face paint? Jorts? Give me some ideas for these guys. And if it's not too much trouble, draw them in Paint.

Like, what were you looking for? New color scheme? A haircut? Face paint? Jorts? Give me some ideas for these guys. And if it's not too much trouble, draw them in Paint.

My thing is if you're gonna be named Mr. Perfect show off them abs, especially since WCW allowed steroids

Ultratech

Watched Maffew's Let’s Laugh At The Hardys Vol. 2 earlier.

I nearly died when they came on with the Evangelion intro (played with piano) set to the Hardys/TNA.

When will Balor debut a wrestling style that is the least bit exciting to watch?
Idk, maybe his match with Nakamura will be good. I remember his match where he won the nxt title, I was like, "this is it?" Then the matches with Joe pissed me off because I wanted Joe to win but whatever.

I just watched Kendrick's cwc pkg and it was emotional. He reminds me of a rock star from the 80s trying to find his way back to stardom.

klonere

Banned
Really? I watched his whole NXT run and he has ton of great matches with Samoa Joe, Neville, and Kevin Owens.

He's...fine. He's perfectly adapted his style to WWE in that he's super smooth, safe and hits all his big spots every match. But there's no passion, no drive, no variety to his matches. Plus the demon shtick means absolutely nothing.

He's discount Okada right now instead of the fiery, cocky heel he was at the end of his run in NJPW. He's a shorter Orton in fact.

Never did go to any of OVW's shows outside the awful sweatbox that was the old "Danny Davis Arena".

I wonder whatever happened to Disciples of Synn member Connie Swail.
You guys ever watch football and see a kicker who has to make the game winning kick? You can always look into his eyes and see if hes nervous or not. Usually, if they are, they miss the kick.

This is the same look im getting from Hunt here. Lesnar looks like hes not even worried. Meanwhile, Hunt is gonna hurt his neck looking up at Brock.

maxresdefault.jpg

And then Brock gets an overhand right to the jaw.

So will Balor debut helping and joining the Club or will the story revolve around them wanting him to join but he keeps rejecting them (straight up rejecting instead of what AJ did where when he was face he still tried hanging with them)? Because I can't see him not being involved with the Club in some way when he hits the main roster.

XenoRaven

He's...fine. He's perfectly adapted his style to WWE in that he's super smooth, safe and hits all his big spots every match. But there's no passion, no drive, no variety to his matches. Plus the demon shtick means absolutely nothing.

He's discount Okada right now instead of the fiery, cocky heel he was at the end of his run in NJPW. He's a shorter Orton in fact.
This hurts me so much because of how true it is and how much I wish it wasn't.

They're doing Club vs Cena/Enzo/Cass at Battleground so I wouldn't be surprised to see him debut there.
If that happens, curious to what it brings. Cena/Balor vs the Club in a 3 on 2 handicap match? Or for some reason a Cena vs Balor vs Styles triple-threat. The latter seems like a big enough thing to do for Summerslam.

somedevil

He was at Stamford taping stuff for WWE but no one is sure what its for. If he debuts if be at the draft or on the pay per view.

Menome

I had some friends over this evening to finish our group playthrough of Until Dawn and before we started, I showed them the Hardy contract-signing and The Final Deletion.

They were mostly confused but loved the firework segment.

Barrage

The most stacked BOLA ever holy shit. Other then Naito, Shibata and Mistico that's every non-WWE guy I could dream of.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wrassle-gaf movie club. I watched Rewind This and Video World

Rewind This was lame and relied far too heavily on nostalgia even for a movie about VHS collecting. Felt like I stumbled onto someone's vaporwave tumblr. Video World was really cool and had a good human element/student film earnestness to it that I enjoyed. I do wish it was a little longer though.

RBH

pwgbolawon2.jpg

The field for Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's 2016 Battle of Los Angeles tournament is complete after the final participants were announced on Saturday afternoon.

Jushin “Thunder” Liger, Pentagón Jr, Will Ospreay, and Zack Sabre Jr were the last additions made to the 24 entrant tournament. It will take place on September 2-4 in Reseda, CA.

The 51-year-old Liger is the field's senior member. Though he is employed by New Japan Pro Wrestling, his contract allows him to take outside bookings.

This is Liger's second consecutive summer with a high-profile appearance in the United States after facing Tyler Breeze at NXT Takeover: Brooklyn last year.

The previously announced Cody Rhodes leads a field that is full of participants making their PWG debut at the American Legion Post. Mark Haskins, Pete Dunne, John Hennigan (Lucha Underground’s Johnny Mundo and the former John Morrison), Jack Gallagher, and Matthew Riddle will also make their debuts.

It is a European heavy field with Haskins, Dunne, Gallagher, Ospreay, Sabre Jr, Tommy End, Mark Andrews, and Marty Scurll as the continent's representatives.

The entire list of participants for BOLA 2016 is:

• Cody Rhodes
  • Kamaitachi
  • Jeff Cobb (Lucha Underground’s Matanza Cueto)
  • Mark Haskins
  • Dalton Castle
  • Pete Dunne
  • Sami Callihan
  • Tommy End
  • Trevor Lee
  • Adam Cole
  • John Hennigan (Lucha Underground’s Johnny Mundo)
  • Jack Gallagher
  • Chris Hero
  • Mark Andrews
  • Ricochet
  • Matthew Riddle
  • Marty Scurll
  • Matt Sydal
  • Kyle O’Reilly
  • Fénix
  • Zack Sabre Jr
  • Will Ospreay
  • Pentagón Jr
  • Jushin “Thunder” Liger
http://www.f4wonline.com/indies/pwg...-216121?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

EThg5c9.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
My favorite part of the movie is they ask, 'Why do you think this store is going out of business?'

And the younger kids are like, 'duh, internet' and the older people answer with, 'Because of all the other big video chain rental stores(???)' and 'Because all the movies are on TV now' like you can blatantly see the generation rift from the very apparent kids and the older folks who just don't keep up. Though the video store girl was like 30 so she really has no excuse.

somedevil

Here is how much each fighter is getting for being on UFC 200:

Brock Lesnar's purse tonight is $2.5 million
Other purses: Hunt 700k, Tate 500k, Aldo 400k, Spider Silva 600k, Cain 300k, Travis 120k, Edgar 190k, Nunes 100k

Cormier was to make $1 million to fight Jones, but his purse to fight Silva is $500k per Nevada Athletic Commission

Lesnar knows how to negotiate and make money. Part time fighter getting paid more then the UFC champions. Also, Jones cost Cormier 500,000 and now Anderson makes more then him.

This does not include PPV points though.

RBH

mcmahonrawon.jpg

With Monday's edition of Raw going against Major League Baseball's Home Run Derby and trying to rebound from the expected low rating this past week, the WWE is already advertising a number of things for the show.

As is the case whenever ratings hit low levels, it’s time to focus on the McMahons.

The major thing being promoted on the show is Vince McMahon’s return, where he will be giving a job evaluation to both Shane and Stephanie McMahon, who also both return for the show in Detroit.

Three matches are being promoted on the show which will build to the Battleground show on July 24th.

• The first is a Dana Brooke vs. Sasha Banks match which builds to Banks vs. WWE women's champion Charlotte in some form.
  • United States champion Rusev will be defending his title against Zack Ryder.
  • Much of the mid-level and lower level talent will be in a Battle Royal with the winner becoming the number one contender for the I-C title.

The Home Run Derby has historically hurt the Raw ratings, but Vince McMahon’s first appearance back, especially when advertised, has historically helped the numbers.
http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/vince-mcmahon-returning-raw-other-matches-announced-216101

Top Bottom