• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
AKA "Elgin Takes Japan"

Hi, big bloated OTs are unnecessary in this day and age.

If you want WWE:
http://network.wwe.com

--Note - WWE will be broadcasting their house show in Japan on the Network. Tune in. It'll be interesting.

If you want Lucha Underground:
http://www.sling.com

If you want TNA:
8qx6dnR.gif

If you want NJPW:
http://njpwworld.com

And other assorted shows.

kBcUYK8.jpg

The G1 Climax starts in late July. Expect a lot of talk about it. Find out more at njpwworld.com - also our valued posted Bootaaay typically writes a guide. Keep an eye open. It's a GREAT point of entry into the G1.

eiwicVQ.jpg

BOLA 2015 is the most good looking goddamn thing, but you gotta wait until August. The bad news is that it won't be streamed live.

Wall of Shame:

YTlxbcj.png

Enjoy talking wrestling! We will have community events as we go. Don't mistake the lack of content for a lazy OP - we are in serious need of trimming the fat. Quality posters, not just quality posts!

Sephzilla

*Sees Wall of Shame*

Look at that, I'm suddenly on the upper card.

#BrassRings #Push #Robolieve #RoboCopForAvatarRumble #DeadGiveaway

I think the OT title should have a GWF reference in it

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm watching through 1996 WCW and Brian Pillman is legitimately insane. First he hits Heenan and causes him to drop the f-bomb on live TV, and I just hit that Superbrawl match with Sullivan where Pillman outs him as booker, walks out and flips off the crowd. He was fired immediately after.

RP912

Banned
One day away from leaving that bingo hall known as Ultraviolence June...

Sorry deathmatch wrasslin fans

Upcoming DG stuff;

Dragon Gate, "GATE OF PASSION", 2015/07/02
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo

0. Shachioko BOY vs Kenichiro Arai
1. U-T, Yosuke Santa Maria, Kotoka & El Lindaman vs Gamma, Jimmy Kanda, Mr. Quu Quu Naoki Tanizaki Toyonaka Dolphin & Mike Sydal
2. Don Fujii & Ryo 'Jimmy' Saito vs Mondai Ryu & Punch Tominaga
3. K-ness & Cyber Kong vs Dragon Kid & Super Shisa
4. Masaaki Mochizuki & Kzy vs Jimmy Susumu & Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!
5. CIMA, Ricochet & Matt Sydal vs YAMATO, Naruki Doi & Masato Yoshino
6. BxB Hulk, Shingo Takagi & Akira Tozawa vs T-Hawk, Eita & Big R Shimizu

Dragon Gate, "KOBE WORLD", 2015/07/20
Kobe World Hall

. Open the Triangle Gate: CIMA, Gamma & Don Fujii (c) vs Masaaki Mochizuki, Dragon Kid & Kzy vs Ryo 'Jimmy' Saito, Jimmy Susumu & Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!
. Open the Brave Gate: Akira Tozawa (c) vs Eita
. Open the Twin Gate: YAMATO & Naruki Doi (c) vs Ricochet & Matt Sydal
. Open the Dream Gate: Masato Yoshino (c) vs T-Hawk

Boots doing another G1 OT this year?

Yep, gonna get working on it once the blocks are announced at DOMINION on Sunday.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm watching through 1996 WCW and Brian Pillman is legitimately insane. First he hits Heenan and causes him to drop the f-bomb on live TV, and I just hit that Superbrawl match with Sullivan where Pillman outs him as booker, walks out and flips off the crowd. He was fired immediately after.

He is absolutely certifiable at that point. Pillman got fuckin crazy in a bad way. Puttin his hands on our dear friend Heenan...WHAT THE FUCK indeed!

Yep, gonna get working on it once the blocks are announced at DOMINION on Sunday.

Can't wait to see who will have to deal with Elgin. All the possibilities...I hope he brings his A-game and doesn't embarrass himself.

Can't wait to see who will have to deal with Elgin. All the possibilities...I hope he brings his A-game and doesn't embarrass himself.

Yeah, the Tanahashi match didn't give me much hope, but apparently they had nothing but the finish planned in advance (which is the way Tanahashi usually works his matches) so I hope Elgin has better chemistry with the roster at large than he did with Tana.

I'm not so concerned about how Elgin will get himself over with the smarky international crowd (because, let's face it, most won't even give him a fair chance), but it's going to be interesting to see how the Japanese crowd reacts. I'd like to see him paired with someone like Tenzan for his first match, he'd get good reactions for throwing around a guy of Tenzan's size.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So does this "house show" mean its gonna be presented without commentary?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
i'm number one while working overtime for the first 3 weeks of the month.

this community really is dead

Too bad BOLA isn't streaming. It deserves an OT way more than that joke of a G1 Gedo is putting together

NoRéN

Cena's completing his job by dropping the title to Owens this month. Been saying it for a while. Best part of it all is once Owens drops the NXT belt I can remove RAW from my viewing rotation and enjoy NXT that much more. Fact!

Well, unless brock destroys more people of Charlotte comes up soon.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So does this "house show" mean its gonna be presented without commentary?

I don't think so. I think they'll do a little more and provide commentary, not unlike the MSG Old School eps.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
These UFC Fight Kits are carny as shit. Way more embarrassing than wrestling shirts.

They're honestly terrible. Just a mess all around. Nothing cringeworthy, but more a "...fucking WHY?" Just...bad. Not gross yuck omg I can't believe someone would wear that but a...why?

NoRéN

How Cesaro hasn't been allowed to come out in a suit and just uppercut the brains out of people is beyond my comprehension. Dude is incredibly handsome and cuts a fine figure.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

No one really knows what happened there but Bischoff claims the Bookerman angle was supposed to be a worked shoot. Pillman was supposed to go to ECW and develop a crazyman character and then come back, but then Pillman actually just left and went to WWF.

They're honestly terrible. Just a mess all around. Nothing cringeworthy, but more a "...fucking WHY?" Just...bad. Not gross yuck omg I can't believe someone would wear that but a...why?

thumb.aspx

I expect to see a shirt like this on wweshop. Just looks awful.

Roots of Fight does a much better job. Should have x-copy that design.

NoRéN;170451704 said:
How Cesaro hasn't been allowed to come out in a suit and just uppercut the brains out of people is beyond my comprehension. Dude is incredibly handsome and cuts a fine figure.

1. He's European, not American.
2. He's Swiss.
3. He's balding.
4. He has a slight accent and tripped over words that time in that promo.
5. He has pepperoni nipples.
6. He was associated with Chris Hero, so he's probably secretly fat.

Top Bottom