• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Fox318

NoRéN;170451704 said:
How Cesaro hasn't been allowed to come out in a suit and just uppercut the brains out of people is beyond my comprehension. Dude is incredibly handsome and cuts a fine figure.

gqpI809.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
that's a different first reply. usually it's way more over the top vulgar!

I was expecting "fuck me in my ass like the 9/11 twin towers falling into my ass" like last night.

No one really knows what happened there but Bischoff claims the Bookerman angle was supposed to be a worked shoot. Pillman was supposed to go to ECW and develop a crazyman character and then come back, but then Pillman actually just left and went to WWF.

I call bullshit when people do the "he left to do this then he was gonna come back"

they never come back

Watching some G1 matches to prep for the tournament. Muta/Chono is always fun to watch.

Get some Masa Saito too

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
1. He's European, not American.
2. He's Swiss.
3. He's balding.
4. He has a slight accent and tripped over words that time in that promo.
5. He has pepperoni nipples.
6. He was associated with Chris Hero, so he's probably secretly fat.

too swiss for television

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Cesaro isn't handsome. He looks like a total goofball. Like he ALWAYS has the face of some nice guy goober.

There should be more dudes with masks.

Not lucha masks either, like something crazy

2. He's Swiss.
3. He's balding.

He's also really boring

Who cares if everyone knows the end result

Enlighten me. There's a number of ways they can go and, judging from the predictions I've seen, there doesn't seem to be much consensus amongst the fans, so I'm not sure "everyone" knows. I predicted what I thought was the most logical and safe option and practically no one agreed with me, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Enlighten me. There's a number of ways they can go and, judging from the predictions I've seen, there doesn't seem to be much consensus amongst the fans, so I'm not sure "everyone" knows. I predicted what I thought was the most logical and safe option and practically no one agreed with me, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Are y'all saying it's gonna be Nak? It might not though...

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I call bullshit when people do the "he left to do this then he was gonna come back"

they never come back

Well, yeah, I don't necessarily buy the shit that Bischoff is selling, that's just his story.

The idea that he'd say "booker man" as a worked shoot is really bizarre because I bet even a significant portion of people who post about wrestling in 2015 wouldn't know what he was saying.

Cesaro isn't handsome. He looks like a total goofball. Like he ALWAYS has the face of some nice guy goober.

I like Cesaro enough I just don't think he's top-tier material. His gimmick really is just being really Swiss. Also, the Cesaro swing is a dumb move and goes on about 4 times longer than it ever should.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

The ending of Wrestle Kingdom 9 was the current ace telling the upcoming ace he wasn't good enough. And the new Ace failed to capture the title. I wonder who will be the winner of G1 and thus main event Wrestle Kingdom 10.

Are y'all saying it's gonna be Nak? It might not though...

Nak is the most popular choice, to set up Okada vs Nak at WK - I personally predicted a Tanahashi win, though.

The ending of Wrestle Kingdom 9 was the current ace telling the upcoming ace he wasn't good enough. And the new Ace failed to capture the title. I wonder who will be the winner of G1 and thus main event Wrestle Kingdom 10.

It's pretty much just you and me predicting that. Seriously, I keep hearing "but they never do repeat main events at WK!" and "no way's Tana's winning the G1 at his age". The ending may be obvious, but you can't just scrap a story without seeing it through to the end.

Nak is the most popular choice, to set up Okada vs Nak at WK - I personally predicted a Tanahashi win, though.

It's pretty much just you and me predicting that. Seriously, I keep hearing "but they never do repeat main events at WK!" and "no way's Tana's winning the G1 at his age". The ending may be obvious, but you can't just scrap a story without seeing it through to the end.

Also, it's going to be a grueling tournament. You don't hope for injuries, but you can't predict when they happen. If Okada, Nakamura, or Tanahashi gets injured, the predicted outcomes go out the window.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
From the company that ripped the titles off Shibata and Goto to have them wind up on Mr. Husband and Mr. Husband's friend, I'm going to predict Elgin will take G1 and win it all. He'll go to WK and be the new IWGP champion.

There is no escaping the ROH garbage as it seeps into every wound of NJPW. Gedo becomes Inoki except with shitty short indie workers instead of washed up WCW/MMA guys.

RP912

Banned
Honestly, I see Kenny Omega as the G1 winner to set up AJ/Omega. It could lead into a Bullet Club break up.

Omega's not in it, for one thing ;)

AJ vs Okada would actually be an awesome WK main event. Okada beats AJ at Dominion, AJ wins the G1 to set up the WK match.

shaowebb

Upcoming DG stuff;
Dragon Gate, "GATE OF PASSION", 2015/07/02
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo

5. CIMA, Ricochet & Matt Sydal vs YAMATO, Naruki Doi & Masato Yoshino...

HOLY SHIT. Now THAT is what I call a 3v3. Potential match of the year right fucking there.

2. He's Swiss.
3. He's balding.

And now he's vulgar. RIP Cesaro's last chance at a WWE world title reign

Which was dead regardless after Kane's world title-worthy month of destruction.

Think about it: Kane vs Sheamus for the world title main eventing Mania

In 2016

Upcoming DG stuff;

Dragon Gate, "GATE OF PASSION", 2015/07/02
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo

0. Shachioko BOY vs Kenichiro Arai
1. U-T, Yosuke Santa Maria, Kotoka & El Lindaman vs Gamma, Jimmy Kanda, Mr. Quu Quu Naoki Tanizaki Toyonaka Dolphin & Mike Sydal
2. Don Fujii & Ryo 'Jimmy' Saito vs Mondai Ryu & Punch Tominaga
3. K-ness & Cyber Kong vs Dragon Kid & Super Shisa
4. Masaaki Mochizuki & Kzy vs Jimmy Susumu & Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!
5. CIMA, Ricochet & Matt Sydal vs YAMATO, Naruki Doi & Masato Yoshino
6. BxB Hulk, Shingo Takagi & Akira Tozawa vs T-Hawk, Eita & Big R Shimizu[/b

Don't sleep on that Hulk/Shingo/Tozawa vs. T-Hawk/Eita/Shimizu match either.

Angry Grimace

I still don't get what is so hype-worthy about a Giant Swing.

Nothing, it wouldn't even hurt and would give your opponent time to recover. It doesn't even really look cool; they got around that by letting Kidd drop kick the dude, but without it its just a dumb move that lasts too long.

Cagey

Banned
Extended the Wall of Shame down far enough to #postcountshame me. That burns deep.

I'm going to make myself feel better. With a snack. Several.

william-regal-bull-dempsey.png

shaowebb

Agreed, I'm proper hyped for that match - great to see both Ricochet & Sydal back in Dragon Gate, I'm sure they'll blow the roof off Korakuen on Thursday.

Ever see what happens when Sydal and Ricochet take each other on?

Them teaming together to take on the likes of Naruki Doi and Masato Yoshino is like having one giant highlight reel for a match. Only way it'd get better is if you maybe found a way to slip in Kota Ibushi , Pac, and Yoshitsune.
Don't sleep on that Hulk/Shingo/Tozawa vs. T-Hawk/Eita/Shimizu match either.

I will NEVER sleep on a match with BxB Hulk involved. Dude owned japanese wrestling several years ago and is still the equivalent of their Shawn Michaels in my eyes. Man back when he was tag teaming and taking on the likes of Speed Muscle...fucking spectacular stuff.

For the record, let it be known, Bootaaay thinks Elgin is better than Scott Norton.

I just want everyone to make note of that.

Give me a great Scott Norton NJPW match that (and here's the catch) didn't take place in the 90's. You've got that one good match with Takayama and...uh, I think one OK match against Tenzan in 2005? What stellar output for six year's worth of tours.

I'm not saying everyone in ROH is automatically better than every gaijin Inoki used during that time, but they are at least in their primes. They aren't washed up stars who'll have over-hyped, disappointing matches based on the talents they USED to be.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Most chips in general are gross. But doritos are just extra gross. Like they're barely recognizable as chips.

Top Bottom