• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Fox318

Wait what? I knew Tyson got injured but didn't think it was that serious. What injury did he suffer and is his career really over?

arYjlfs.png

If he didn't have such a muscular neck (Meltzer talked about how in the dungeon they did tons of neck bridges) doctors said he would be dead.

I dunno, I bought a lot of dumb shit from SMV when I still gave a shit about US indie wrestling. So many CHIKARA DVDs that I'll never watch.

Oh Lord, I went on a dumb rant yesterday on Twitter about how SMV is ass, production wise. They clearly just never try

RP912

Banned
It sucks that once a wrestler finally gets the push they deserve, injuries happen (Rude, Kidd, TA, etc). It's truly a shame :(...

Sephzilla

¡HarlequinPanic!;171387872 said:
I know Joe isn't entirely to blame, it's a freak accident. but man does it really make me not very interested in seeing him.

I'm kind of feeling the same way. I'm not angry at Joe or anything stupid like that, but it took the wind out of the Samoa Joe sails for me.

jmdajr

I'm kind of feeling the same way. I'm not angry at Joe or anything stupid like that, but it took the wind out of the Samoa Joe sails for me.

All I know is from what I saw in NXT I wasn't impressed.

I wasn't even that impressed from TNA really. Maybe I missed out when he was good.

Fox318

I thought Tyson got lucky, didn't know about being saved by his neck muscularity. What a shitty situation.

Snp83n7.gif

CItN5uxWUAEz0UX.jpg:large

It really explains why they were so hush hush after he got injured.

I can't imagine what a death in the ring in 2015 would do to the company. I could definitely see a government inquiry into wrestling safety. Look at how much congress got involved with steroids in wrestling, baseball, and even concussions.

Sephzilla

All I know is from what I saw in NXT I wasn't impressed.

I wasn't even that impressed from TNA really. Maybe I missed out when he was good.

Yeah, that too, Kevin Owens' worst matches in WWE came when Joe was involved.

and Joe's theme music is awful too

Heroman

Banned

I can't imagine what a death in the ring in 2015 would do to the company. I could definitely see a government inquiry into wrestling safety. Look at how much congress got involved with steroids in wrestling, baseball, and even concussions.
I doubt that would happen since it happens so rarely and it doesnt affect kids.

jmdajr

Snp83n7.gif

CItN5uxWUAEz0UX.jpg:large

Was it just a Samoan Drop?

RP912

Banned
Maybe Joe should have stuck with that Twitch money...dude been a flop since he got to Full Sail. Maybe something will turn around, but so far I'm not really impressed with this endeavor.

Sephzilla

I don't think the government would get involved, but I could see Vince going into full PR disaster recovery mode with the product like how there was a massive shift post Benoit. He'd probably straight up ban a light of high impact moves that endanger the head.

Tyson basically doing a shoot version of RVD's piledriver sell there jeez.

Also I thought Brown felt personally guilty about the whole droz situation and his in ring stuff suffered as a result.

Fox318

Maybe Joe should have stuck with that Twitch money...dude been a flop since he got to Full Sail. Maybe something will turn around, but so far I'm not really impressed with this endeavor.

I think they are waiting until he is done with the indie dates before he gets the full get go.

But when you look back he was in an odd spot and then they signed him to a full deal after ROH got on Destination America. Plus he really is a main roster guy, Finn had just won his number one contenders match, and Owens was getting a ton of time on the main roster with Cena and needed to drop the belt.
I don't think the government would get involved, but I could see Vince going into full PR disaster recovery mode with the product like how there was a massive shift post Benoit. He'd probably straight up ban a light of high impact moves that endanger the head.

I don't see Vince as somebody with any allies in Washington considering his wife gave the democrats 2 seats in the senate and his company's polices with healthcare and unionization.

Fox318

The Muscle Buster is a cool move that I'd rather keep confined to anime/manga.

I think Tyson got hurt because he was so much smaller then most guys joe probably works with.

If Joe had let got of the leg Tyson would have landed on his back first instead of taking all of the slam on his neck on Joe's shoulder.

Jesus, it's not the fucking Styles Clash, where we have a list of injuries over a decade. One guy got hurt once. Unfortunately, it was bad. Them's the breaks, wrestling is a fucking dangerous business, and shit can happen at any time.

I think Tyson got hurt because he was so much smaller then most guys joe probably works with.

If Joe had let got of the leg Tyson would have landed on his back first instead of taking all of the slam on his neck on Joe's shoulder.

He's wrestled Amazing Red, Styles, Daniels, Kazarian, Josh Alexander, Kyle O'Reilly, Kaz Hayashi, Johnny Gargano, and Low Ki recently. It's not like Joe's only worked with guys the size of Dave Mastiff, Chris Hero, Kurt Angle, Chris Dickinson, and Kevin Owens.

Top Bottom