• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT2|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Has it be said if the Lucha Underground season finale brings closure? I'd hate for the fans to be left on a cliffhanger without all seven of Dario Cueto's Aztec medallions collected, à la The Pirates of Dark Water.

They have been collected!! They form the Gift of the Gods title. The holder can get a title,shot with 1 weeks,notice

Gift-of-the-Gods-title.png

boGQBgP.png

Menome

Stupid newbie questions:

1.) What does the announcer actually say at the start of WWE matches? It sounds like "The following match is scheduled for one-fall"

2.) I know kayfabe is keeping in character outside of the ring, but where did the word come from?

Stupid newbie questions:

1.) What does the announcer actually say at the start of WWE matches? It sounds like "The following match is scheduled for one-fall"

2.) I know kayfabe is keeping in character outside of the ring, but where did the word come from?
1 is correct.

2 is a carny form of piglatin that goes waaaaay back.

Stupid newbie questions:

Squared Circle says kayfabe a form of pig Latin meaning "be fake." There is a local wrestler in Seattle with it tattooed across his stomach like 2Pac. I wonder what he or his group think of it.

Ended up buying a school bag and a new leather jacket. Treated myself to some fine mexican cuisine and had some taco bell. Today was a good day.

Smh the showcase mode in WWE 2K15 is so fucked. I swear I never had a game where it made me want to punch a moving car. The whole experience was dreadful and frustrating. Fuck wrestling games....I'm playing some Uno.

Oh shit, you ended up buying it? I was convinced to pass. Sorry brother, I take all responsibility for your pain... SORRY THAT I DIDN'T CAUSE THAT PAIN SOOONERR!!

10329981_1584160491844689_7588615650365950593_o.jpg

Source. There are lots of other gems on it.

Love the super small font chris benoit lol

RP912

Banned
Ended up buying a school bag and a new leather jacket. Treated myself to some fine mexican cuisine and had some taco bell. Today was a good day.

Oh shit, you ended up buying it? I was convinced to pass. Sorry brother, I take all responsibility for your pain... SORRY THAT I DIDN'T CAUSE THAT PAIN SOOONERR!!

Love the super small font chris benoit lol

Funny thing about it....the hall of pain showcase is what I'm working on now.

Guys, I've been a member of this community for a long time and even I think this is getting a bit tiresome. I can't tell if people are posting in character (ahem) or if people legitimately feel strongly about wrestler body types, but we need to tone it down a little. I read through just OT2 and found a really high number of posts just complaining about one person in particular. I think the mods that read/post in the thread have been pretty supportive of the community over the past few years and you guys largely post without people interrupting you (I can only think of one time in the past when I've stepped in, and it was due to people constantly posting NSFW images of the divas).

I am going to ask that we control ourselves when it comes to commenting on who we feel is or is not fat/out of shape. I don't think other negative commentary needs to be controlled at this point, so continue shitting on the WWE for being shitty. But I think the constant fat fat fat posts not are only unfunny at this point (unlike Scott Steiner) and a little overboard but actually might be demeaning or hurtful to some posters who actually are a part of wrestleGAF and enjoy posting here.

If anyone has any questions on whether or not they should or should not post something, feel free to send me a PM. If anyone feels any poster is posting with excessively mean spirits or is just a douche in general, please PM me and I'll deal with it. This is a good community with a strong following and it doesn't need to be corroded from the inside. Thanks.

I say you relegate everyone to junior status. Clean slate, WrassleGAF reboot Russo/Bischoff circa 2001 babay. Relinquish all titles.

I followed up and asked about Bull Dempsey discussion. We're good there. We just don't need to be so mean-spirited towards Owens.

0882520425eca1b586265b1ebece108d.500x281x102.gif

Has there been a woman wrestler (or a diva if you will), who was shit at the beginning but then improved beyond just "acceptable"? And don't say Nikki, one elbow move does not make her good.

EDIT: i'm talking about in WWE, not other places

All of them.

I also like how Kev has the foresight to warn people to cut shit out lest they get in trouble
That makes sense. Imagine that!

klonere

Banned
TNA's death sounds boring and messy. Not half as exciting as what I imagine WCW's was like based off podcasts and stro's reviews.

TNA can't even fall apart well.

TNA's death sounds boring and messy. Not half as exciting as what I imagine WCW's was like based of podcasts and stro's reviews.

TNA can't even fall apart well.

Yeah. It sucks.

These days I am just expecting the company just to quietly not exist one day soon and it will use what ever pre taped stuff to run out its current international deals and that will be that.

A shame because I would be down for one final TNA "fuck it. lets unify all the titles" event.

All of them.

I also like how Kev has the foresight to warn people to cut shit out lest they get in trouble
That makes sense. Imagine that!

I actually agree. I don't want to be apart of a problem and if I can change then I will, rather than being banned and told to do better next time. I genuinely appreciate this approach Kev. That way if it persists, you can't really complain or get pissy you were banned when you were CLEARLY WARNED.

And no, I'm not complaining about the moderation, I'm just saying I like this approach. D:

Has there been a woman wrestler (or a diva if you will), who was shit at the beginning but then improved beyond just "acceptable"? And don't say Nikki, one elbow move does not make her good.

EDIT: i'm talking about in WWE, not other places

Eve, Layla, Nikki, Candace Michelle, Trish and Lita off the top of my head.

Those that didn't;

Kelly Kelly, a good chunk of the early to mid 2000 divas, Girl Bye (cant remember her name) Torrie, Dawn Marie, Jazz.

There's so much :/

Real talk: I think Bo/Bray's sister looks cute when she isn't smiling. When she does, it's straight up with breasts. But other than that she aight.

She looks way too much like Bo for me to find her cute, it's eerie.

Manami Toyota vs The AJW Roster[/b] - (AJW 1995/12/25)

Manami Toyota vs Sakie Hasegawa, Kayo Noumi, Mari Mogami, Tanny Mouse, Misae Genki, Yoshiko Tamura, Yuka Shiina, Yumi Fukawa, Kumiko Maekawa, Chaparrita ASARI, Tomoko Watanabe, Kaoru Ito, Mariko Yoshida, Takako Inoue, Etsuko Mita, Toshiyo Yamada, Mima Shimoda, Yumiko Hota, Aja Kong, Kyoko Inoue, Kyoko Inoue, Kyoko Inoue, Mari Mogami, Yuka Shiina, Sakie Hasegawa, Mariko Yoshida, Kaoru Ito, Mima Shimoda, Aja Kong & Yumiko Hotta

If you haven't seen this match before, it's worth a watch - not really sure *why* Toyota did this, other than to show how tough she was, but it was a pretty unique concept. The match runs as a gauntlet, but each opponent only gets a minute to try and defeat or be defeated by Toyota. By the end of it, Manami's exhausted, having to face the entire AJW roster (some of them multiple times).

They should have a Mask vs. Mask match between two guys without masks - loser has to wear a mask. Can only be taken off by winning a special mask removal match

If you haven't seen this match before, it's worth a watch - not really sure *why* Toyota did this, other than to show how tough she was, but it was a pretty unique concept. The match runs as a gauntlet, but each opponent only gets a minute to try and defeat or be defeated by Toyota. By the end of it, Manami's exhausted, having to face the entire AJW roster (some of them multiple times).

That actually sounds like a great way to do a gauntlet match that doesn't make the people in the gauntlet look like goobers when they lose

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
why is swerved canceled. Damn marks can't take a rib

because wwe wrestlers is a tiny pool of people to fuck with and once you put a pie in Dean Ambrose's face, its not like there's much else you can do

because wwe wrestlers is a tiny pool of people to fuck with and once you put a pie in Dean Ambrose's face, its not like there's much else you can do

Plus, like someone pointed out earlier, ribbing goes on all the time and now that it's being tapped, they're super extra paranoid and stressed the fuck out. Even though it's funny to a majority of us older fans who get it, it could make people look weak and dumb to kids. I think. And you can't really do it to a heel, because once they're like "hey man, you got SWERVED!" then they act all buddy buddy with faces.

Kayfabe is dead is basically what I'm trying to say.

Yeah, they would just pie Ambrose on Raw anyways.

20140930_RawGOTN_v2.gif

Gif thread, boys.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Guys I don't think I can watch G1 day 2, that fixed camera hurts my brain

Vylash

Dana Brooke should have the most potential (wrestling skill) of the women that are in NXT that haven't already been called up to WWE. Bayley is talented, but I believe Brooke has more upside. Emma looks to have already peaked unless they allow her to change up her maneuvers. Carmella is at the bottom with Eva

1 - Brooke
2 - Bayley
3 - Bliss
4 - Emma
5 - Carmella
6 - Eva Marie

On the Men's side, they still have a lot of talent that are NXT "exclusive".

1 - Balor
2 - Zayn
3 - Breeze
4 - Itami
5 - Cassady & Amore

Not including Joe since I am unaware of where they are taking him and I don't believe WWE has bigger plans for him beyond helping sell NXT tickets. Rhyno, obviously, has no bright future besides helping put over the NXT stars. Gable looks great. Crowe has a lot to prove. Corbin probably would be in the top 5 if he can improve on his heel character. I'm not sold on English & Gotch's future beyond NXT. Blake & Murphy should have a bright future if their size doesn't get in the way. Mojo is Mojo. Marcus Louis is enhancement talent. Dillinger is enhancement talent (I hope he can turn it around). Jason Jordan needs to continue improving his charisma. Dempsey could turn it around and have a mid-level career, but it will take time. I haven't seen enough of Wilder and Dawson. I'm ready for the next batch of NXT debuts -- hoping for Uhaa, Braun Stowman, and a few new women's debuts

i like Bayley but i can't fully invest in her until she gets a good finisher because her current one is a fucking suplex, also how could you leave out my man Jason Jordan, good look, good body, good on the mic too

So it's looking like
Drew Galloway takes the belt from EC3 at BFG. Meaning there's a non-zero chance the last ever TNA champ is a WWE jobber, instead of a WWE never-was

Top Bottom