• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

Kaiterra

Banned
were-not-so-different-you-and-i-300x300.jpg

LycanXIII

Please, please, please, tell me that the kid was a real audience member and wasn't conveniently placed at the corner of the floor crowd. :/

You know what? You didn't need all that over-the-top bullshit cancer kid callout to make the point of that Cena ended up on. You could easily have gone over Owens' career up to this point - beating the top dog in WWE - to end with "Never Give Up? That's you."

Instead, you once again scream your usual "IT'S DOESN'T MATTER THAN YOU BEAT ME EVEN THOUGH I DON'T WANT TO TAKE ANYTHING AWAY FROM YOU" promo that ends with Owens giving no response.

And people wonder why we don't expect anything other that Owens' push getting clipped in the knees.

I'd be more upset about Owens looking weak and running from a fight if his other three interactions with Cena hadn't ended with Cena staring at the lights.

number47

He's made that kids night. The kid was crying ffs

What's the harm?
Its cool. Just from a funny improv point of view. How far can the heel ,in regards of ehat to say,go to maintain dominance.
Kid is beating cancer. Who's heart isn't melting?lol

Mahonay

Banned
I'd be more upset about Owens looking weak and running from a fight if his other three interactions with Cena hadn't ended with Cena staring at the lights.
It's more of a "I'm not giving you or the crowd what they want" heel move. He does it in NXT too. It's pretty effective.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Please, please, please, tell me that the kid was a real audience member and wasn't conveniently placed at the corner of the floor crowd. :/

Maybe the kid was a make a wish kid or the producers spotted the sign and told Cena about where he was. It made the child's night and he will probably get to meet Cena and the other wrestlers after the show.

Fox318

Its cool. Just from a funny improv point of view. How far can the heel ,in regards of ehat to say,go to maintain dominance.
Kid is beating cancer. Who's heart isn't melting?lol

Spot on.

Although one could get crazy heat off of it it probably isn't worth it.

It's his son and he's a heel, he's supposed to be despicable and manipulative.

I see him more as delusional rather than descpicable. You can see him being a good person. Dude wants to be a hero for his son but his jealousy of Cena overshadows his sense of right and wrong. It's actually quite interesting. So of course they'll fuck it up. But let's live in the now! #RideTheLightning

Thinking about it, Owen Steen's kayfabe name should totally be Owen Owens. Asshole heel dad would totally give his kid a fucked up name like that.

Top Bottom