• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

zychi

Banned
The hate some people have for CM Punk his hilarious. Seriously amazing.

I like him as a wrestler and twitter guy. I'm also a UFC fan and realize he's too old and not Brock Lesnar.

If he gets the Brock treatment of getting a title shot after losing to Frank Mir and having 1 win under his belt. Good for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpqw355XkoM

tumblr_mny3rmFYgM1rmlbczo1_500.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyBU0JZ3RbY

The real Lord Knows.

h2mNuCK.gif

Cagey

Banned
Punk should become a modern day combination of Andy Kaufman and Bobby Riggs by stepping into the octagon with Ronda Rousey.

859326298.gif

And getting wrecked.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't Evilore say he could beat Rousey in an MMA match?

Didn't Evilore say he could beat Rousey in an MMA match?

I'm assuming this is about the male vs female high level athletes angle.

Women are equally capable in terms of talent, hard work, and expertise. Ronda Rousey would completely wreck bare minimum 99.99% of the people on NeoGAF. I'm even plainly stating that Ronda would have an advantage against the best male boxer in the world under MMA rules unless he had Batman-level prep time. There is no gender bias at play here, or disrespect for women. I've trained alongside women in combat sports for a decade now and have met tons of badass women with skills and talents I respect far more than my own.

We're dealing with facts and empiricism here, though, not feelings. You feel respect and admiration for the women athletes of the world and their accomplishments, and those feelings translate into conclusions that don't accurately reflect reality. There is an enormous gulf between men and women in athletic potential, and that's just something you're going to have to come to terms with.

At last night's WWE Raw, former United States champion Cesaro answered the John Cena United States Championship open challenge. The two went back and forth for nearly 20 minutes, before Kevin Owens eventually ran in and broke up a Cesaro Sharpshooter for a DQ.

During the match, however, you may have noticed that the screen went black for a short period during an exciting spot.

While Cesaro gave John Cena several European uppercuts, the Swiss followed up by flipping the champion the bird. Either the WWE production team or the USA Network decided to censor the situation by simply blacking the screen out.

Hope you liked that 20 minutes of Cesaro getting pushed. It ain't happening again anytime soon

klonere

Banned
Hope you liked that 20 minutes of Cesaro getting pushed. It ain't happening again anytime soon

Honestly him doing that followed by very audibly saying "FUCK YOU" might be worth it.

See you in NJPW Cesaro.

In other news Nattie isn't going to be on TV at all for a while :( I hope they work her into some sort of storyline when Charlotte comes up, if only the match potential.

Honestly him doing that followed by very audibly saying "FUCK YOU" might be worth it.

See you in NJPW Cesaro.

In other news Nattie isn't going to be on TV at all for a while :( I hope they work her into some sort of storyline when Charlotte comes up, if only the match potential.

Farting gimmick returns.

Best of 7 interspecies match against Torito on Main Event.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Since Ultraviolent was not a draw and was an epic bust we need something that's going to pull in the ratings again.

July Wrasslin' |OT| Brock Lesnar is back, that's all you need to know

I dunno, we're at 14k posts. Doing pretty well despite the bad first half.

So what are they doing with Sheamus. Are we going to see Bork Vs. Sheamus?

Sheamus being the only MITB winner to win most matches after getting it and also successfully winning the belt in the cashin, and doing it by being the first person to pin Brock after the Streak ended, would probably be the most Vince thing I've seen since Big Show and Kane eliminating everybody like they were trash in the Rumble

kiguel182

That wasn't cut in the broadcast I saw.

Either way yeah, I figured that what he did is not going to go down well with backstage people.

If he did it just because he is sick of being undervalued there and wants to leave then that's an awesome way to go at least.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fox, what did you make of your appearance last night in GWF? Gave you all of Cesaro's moves.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Gonna go with July Wrasslin' |OT| Wrestling OT unless someone can sway me

kiguel182

I like him as a wrestler and twitter guy. I'm also a UFC fan and realize he's too old and not Brock Lesnar.

If he gets the Brock treatment of getting a title shot after losing to Frank Mir and having 1 win under his belt. Good for him.

I like the guy and he does what he wants without giving two fucks about what people think. I like that.

People on a message board wishing some dude they never met gets his ass kicked just because it's what's sad.

Even if Punk gets KO'd in like 10 seconds he will still be less pathetic than those that like to hate on him for whatever reason.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I like the guy and he does what he wants without giving two fucks about what people think. I like that.

People on a message board wishing some dude they never met gets his ass kicked just because it's what's sad.

Even if Punk gets KO'd in like 10 seconds he will still be less pathetic than those that like to hate on him for whatever reason.

I explained my reasoning, it's aight though. If you love Punk you love Punk and nothing will sway you, no matter how shitty he acts to others

JavyOO7

I do wish Punk came back though. Never saw his run since I stopped watching wrestling after '09 I believe. From highlights and such on the network, he has a great voice. I miss his presence.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I do wish Punk came back though. Never saw his run since I stopped watching wrestling after '09 I believe. From highlights and such on the network, he has a great voice. I miss his presence.

When he was hungry, he was wonderful. Then they gave him everything and the light died. He was a gem until Kevin Nash came around and everything - everything fell apart.

kiguel182

I explained my reasoning, it's aight though. If you love Punk you love Punk and nothing will sway you, no matter how shitty he acts to others

I can say the same about you. You hate him for some reason and nothing will sway you.

I just find sad/amusing the amount of times I've seen people hating on Punk and how "he will come back to the WWE" or "I hope he get's his ass kicked" when he couldn't give two fucks about that and his doing what he wants, how he wants.

But, of course, you can hate him all you want and have your reasons to it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I can say the same about you. You hate him for some reason and nothing will sway you.

I just find sad/amusing the amount of times I've seen people hating on Punk and how "he will come back to the WWE" or "I hope he get's his ass kicked" when he couldn't give two fucks about that and his doing what he wants, how he wants.

But, of course, you can hate him all you want and have your reasons to it.

I'm sure he'll be back because money talks. WWE got EVERYONE to come back. Even people that outright hate them. It's a hell of an influence.

If Punk ever comes back, it's because he wants to be and he and the company changed their opinions on each other. He's not Warrior-levels of intolerant to the point nobody else would want to interact with him, and he's not Hogan or Flair-levels of incompetent with money where he saved nothing and spent everything and then some. He's got a bunch of gigs, and a bunch of money he's already saved.

rrc1594

Sheamus being the only MITB winner to win most matches after getting it and also successfully winning the belt in the cashin, and doing it by being the first person to pin Brock after the Streak ended, would probably be the most Vince thing I've seen since Big Show and Kane eliminating everybody like they were trash in the Rumble

So it's going happen is what your saying

Ithil

This is why I want to see it go the other way. Punk stans getting their dreams crushed is the tastiest of foods.

Honestly though, I would love to see Punk get his virgin nose cracked because:

- He railed on and on about hating part-timers in WWE, then is a part timer to UFC
- Since he is who he is, he got hotshotted on the card, taking two other peoples' spots that have been busting their assses
- It's fun to watch smaller people get beat up

That's really all I've got, but that's why I'm against Pank in UFC. Batista did it right - fight for a no-name promotion with no real money, because it was a bucket list item. Punk's bucket list item apparently is "make a ton of money losing" as opposed to Dave's, which was "I wanna fight!" - one wants to market himself, one wants to fight. Dave's the real hero.

There is no such such as a "part timer" or "full timer" in UFC.

WHY THE FUCK DO I COME OUT TO KOFI KINGSTON'S MUSIC
AND LOOK LIKE A FAT MUMMY

Never mind fuck it I won
I'm the best in the world! I CAN CASH IN ANY TIME

Top Bottom