• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

Silicon Valley is a fantastic show. Haven't watched the second season but I will marathon it this weekend.

The dick joke in the first season is the greatest dick joke ever seen on tv.

LOL "Philip Brooks" UFC jersey.

Seriously, this Reebok UFC gear is ugly as sin. Bowling shoe ugly, if you will.

CIwcTLaUYAAwgwK.jpg

jmdajr

Pro Wrestling Illustrated, one of the longest running pro wrestling magazines, announced this week that the publication is no longer recognizing the TNA World Championship as a World Title. The magazine announced going forward it will only be recognizing the WWE World Heavyweight Championship as a World Title.

Pro Wrestling Illustrated, one of the longest running pro wrestling magazines, announced this week that the publication is no longer recognizing the TNA World Championship as a World Title. The magazine announced going forward it will only be recognizing the WWE World Heavyweight Championship as a World Title.

But what about the ROH World Championship or the NWA World Heavyweight Championship? Or the PWG World Championship?

RP912

Banned

I'm sorry but that's straight up bullshit. There are other promotions that have title belts that truly matter like the IWGP belt, ROH belt, and even the NWA championship. This WWE circlejerk within the media is becoming tiresome when there's other promotions out there.

Sephzilla

For what it's worth I think the WWE World Heavyweight Championship and the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship should be the only two true world titles. The NWA title means jack shit.

RP912

Banned
For what it's worth I think the WWE World Heavyweight Championship and the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship should be the only two true world titles. The NWA title means jack shit.

But the NWA title is prestigious man...all the greats wore the belt. From the Harley Races, to the Barry Windhams, to the.....Ric Flairs's!

zychi

Banned
At least it's not at as bad as boxing. 95 Heavyweight titles. Poor Klits has to have someone carry them all out everytime he fights.

jmdajr

Where would you send Kane on vacation?

13%The middle of the desert

9%The bottom of the ocean

15%The darkest reaches of space

24%Parts Unknown

5%Knoxville, Tennessee

35%Hawaii (Hey, he deserves it.)

That's because Heyman shitted on the promotion. Even around that time the NWA was going strong, but not as strong as in the 80s. The belt still has some weight and credibility.
Arguable. It was the death blow perhaps, but the people the title was associated with were taken away from it a year before.

Sephzilla

That's because Heyman shitted on the promotion. Even around that time the NWA was going strong, but not as strong as in the 80s. The belt still has some weight and credibility.

The NWA title and the NWA as a whole were on a downward slide that everyone knew existed but never really openly mentioned. ECW was just saying what everyone else was thinking.

RP912

Banned
Arguable. It was the death blow perhaps, but the people the title was associated with were taken away from it a year before.

True. Despite the promo being amazing, Heyman pretty much buried the promotion that was responsible for the birth of professional wrestling. Proved him right because ECW is dead, while NWA is still here...

The NWA title and the NWA as a whole were on a downward slide that everyone knew existed but never really openly mentioned. ECW was just saying what everyone else was thinking.

Agreed...but like I said, they should have done it differently because even the suits were worked into a shoot. They didn't know that Heyman was going to do that to the title. It was cool and probably the best moment of wrestling, but it still was unprofessional.

Where would you send Kane on vacation?

13%The middle of the desert

9%The bottom of the ocean

15%The darkest reaches of space

24%Parts Unknown

5%Knoxville, Tennessee

35%Hawaii (Hey, he deserves it.)
Nice to see that the majority agree that he does indeed deserve it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I only want to see Punk win his first fight because the salt in here would be fantastic

This is why I want to see it go the other way. Punk stans getting their dreams crushed is the tastiest of foods.

Honestly though, I would love to see Punk get his virgin nose cracked because:

- He railed on and on about hating part-timers in WWE, then is a part timer to UFC
- Since he is who he is, he got hotshotted on the card, taking two other peoples' spots that have been busting their assses
- It's fun to watch smaller people get beat up

That's really all I've got, but that's why I'm against Pank in UFC. Batista did it right - fight for a no-name promotion with no real money, because it was a bucket list item. Punk's bucket list item apparently is "make a ton of money losing" as opposed to Dave's, which was "I wanna fight!" - one wants to market himself, one wants to fight. Dave's the real hero.

Sephzilla

As a Punk fan I could really care if he wins or loses because as far as I'm concerned this whole UFC thing is just him getting some shit out of his system before he eventually reconciles with Vince and rejoins WWE in a few years. I'll probably watch the fight and I think it would be cool if he won, but overall wrestlers going to MMA don't appeal to me unless they are BARAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK LESNAAAAAAAAR

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
As a Punk fan I could really care if he wins or loses because as far as I'm concerned this whole UFC thing is just him getting some shit out of his system before he eventually reconciles with Vince and rejoins WWE in a few years. I'll probably watch the fight and I think it would be cool if he won, but overall wrestlers going to MMA don't appeal to me unless they are BARAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK LESNAAAAAAAAR

He'll definitely be back.

zychi

Banned

Yup, Punk is a fake tough guy. He may win a few bouts, but once he gets into the area of fighting life long mma guys, he's screwed.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nice job spending Gilbert Melendez's name, Reebok geeks.

As for Punk, he's getting on those big Marvel writing dollars too now.

He'll be back by WrestleMania 40.

oh my god, that's fucking hilarious. Get one of these next to the RDV shirt and the Sin Cara cock.

I don't think Punk's gonna crawl back to WWE that instantly if/when he gets his block knocked off. But I would like to see him win cause it would be just as hilarious if he lost as well.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think Punk's gonna crawl back to WWE that instantly if/when he gets his block knocked off. But I would like to see him win cause it would be just as hilarious if he lost as well.

I would love for him to win the first two, then take on a real fighter for the third bout. Make a lot of money off him being KOed in quick fashion by a real fighter, and since it'll be his third fight, it'll be a big name.

Top Bottom