• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

It's tough to quantify which promotion is harder on the body. Nobody in New Japan are dangling from a wire 20 ft in the air to fall flat on their face. No one is taking the absurd bumps that KO is on a distressingly regular basis. And that's on top of the road schedule.

Point is, wrestling is not for people who care about the long term effects of their body. For better or worse.

I suppose that is true.

The gif thing someone posted recently of the bumps KO has taken over the last couple of years was pretty bad.

I suppose that is true.

The gif thing someone posted recently of the bumps KO has taken over the last couple of years was pretty bad.

Oh yeah, Owens is definitely working hurt

I have to believe some of these people are going to quit sooner than their contracts are set to expire and sooner than any of us think. The thing about wrestling is eventually either you or your body say "enough"

NXT Spoiler:

Oney vs Itami was called off after Oney broke Itami nose and he bled all over the ring to the point that they had to replace the mat.

Oney vs Danny Burch right now. Oney did the same thing. Burch bleeding from the nose. They finished the match this time.

Bronx-Man

Banned
a6030d9718df129b49eaa3ffb5adcc20.gif

Anth0ny

Here's something I noticed looking back at the attitude era with today's eyes:

for every cringeworthy, late 90s "you had to be there" moment during the attitude era

you have an equally awesome moment that you appreciate WAY more today because of how garbage WWE is today. Rock's promos hit harder, Real Ass Stone Cold feels even realer, and pops like in that video feel louder.

Back in 98 I would have watched that Austin entrance like "Cool, it's Stone Cold. I wonder what he's gonna say."

Now I'm like "MOTHER FUCKER LOOK AT THAT POP. IT USED TO BE BETTER ; _______________ ; "

A man formerly known as Biff Busick is going to take a spot, friends.

He saw that the only way to get a push is to get on the gas and stiff fuckers, and he's too poor to afford gear.

The pacing and story telling on this Roode vs Strong championship match is fucking incredible.

NXT's storytelling has been pretty great lately. They managed to make Nikki a viable contender to the title, they actually gave Ohno something to do, Peyton and Ember came out of their match looking great, Heavy Machinery are different enough to everybody before them that they're good challengers to the tag champs even if they're not too great, Black is protected but his match vs Ohno did a lot for him, especially with Nigel bringing up their history. The only huge drawback's with Almas' absence but I liked how they were building him not giving a shit.

Hex

Banned
Pretty sure that people are wrong.
L.A. Park is not the original La Parka....
I think he ate the original La Parka and is being controlled from the inside.

Egg0

Banned
Ricochet needs to get out of Lucha

He's got that shitty contract where he can't appear on another televised wrassling show until 6 months after his last appearance on LU. Or something like that.

It sucks. At least he's got NJPW for now.

Top Bottom