• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

somedevil

NXT Spoiler:

Oney vs Itami was called off after Oney broke Itami nose and he bled all over the ring to the point that they had to replace the mat.

Kaladin

Finally, a Nakamura shirt that isn't offensive to the eyes:

RU1004.jpg

Even if that shirt does kinda look like an odd cross between a swastika and a ninja star.

Itami can't catch a break

I would take it as a sign from the Gods at this point. Poor bastard.

As far as Mauro goes, I mean its clear they want him back to associate themselves with McGregor/Mayweather in any way possible, but it was Haitch and Cole who really pushed for him to come in the first place, no?

Lashley Wants President Trump In His Corner For Slammiversary on July 2nd
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Nashville (June 23, 2017) – IMPACT Wrestling World Champion Bobby Lashley made an unprecedented Presidential appeal on Thursday morning.

Via Twitter, Lashley (@fightbobby) asked President Donald Trump to be in his corner for his title defense at Slammiversary on July 2, when Lashley puts the gold on the line against Alberto El Patron.

El Patron earlier this week announced that his father, legendary Mexican wrestler Dos Caras, will be in his corner at Slammiversary.

Lashley asked Trump to join him at Slammiversary, which will be held on pay-per-view and filmed at the backlot of Universal Studios Florida in Orlando.

"Well, it looks like I need to find a cornerman for Slammiversary? @realDonaldTrump? It won't be the 1st time! #reallegend," Lashley tweeted.

IMPACT Wrestling is waiting for an answer from Trump.

IMPACT Wrestling is a subsidiary of Anthem Sports & Entertainment Corp.

About IMPACT Wrestling
IMPACT Wrestling specializes in television properties, events, products, merchandise and music, as well as the management and promotion of professional wrestlers. The roster features such greats as Bobby Lashley, Alberto El Patron, EC3, Eddie Edwards, Davey Richards, James Storm, Low-Ki and the high-flying X-Division, plus the lovely and lethal Knockouts, including Gail Kim. Its highly successful flagship, IMPACT WRESTLING, broadcasts in more than 120 countries around the world, including Thursdays at 8 p.m. ET/PT on Pop (a joint venture of CBS Corporation and Lionsgate) in the United States, Fight Network and GameTV in Canada, Sony Six in India and Spike UK in the United Kingdom.

:|

Triple H becoming the biggest money mark is hilarious

That it seems to be working on all the indy fans is even funnier

"Here's Mauro! Oh shit, you might still hate me if I let Kenta rest? Here's Kenta! Uh, we have
Hojo
backstage if that's still not enough! PLEASE FUCKING LOVE ME"

All futile because when Bryan walks, and he'll walk, he and they will be booed even more than ever before for it.

So if someone accidentally punches someone in the nose and breaks it. Is that person then labeled injury prone?

When you can look at a list of bones in the human body and now say he's broken/tore/dislocated/separated/destroyed more of them than not, yes

Same for Bryan and Shibata

kiguel182

5 episodes in and GLOW is really good. It has a good cast of characters and treats wrestling extremely well. It gets it. Also, it's fun recognizing all the wrestling cameos.

Bryan related but I hope he does all the checkups needed before wrestling. I mean, I love the man wrestling again but I hope he isn't dumb about it. It's a fucked up situation.

somedevil

When you can look at a list of bones in the human body and now say he's broken/tore/dislocated/separated/destroyed more of them than not, yes

Same for Bryan and Shibata

By this standard then a lot of wrestlers are injury prone. A good chunk of the new japan roster as well.

By this standard then a lot of wrestlers are injury prone. A good chunk of the new japan roster as well.

Imagine saying Taker isn't injury prone

Also Okada is almost certainly working with at least one injury and has definitely been concussed at least twice this year alone

Basically: I agree and you definitely won't hear me get on anyone's case for needing rest. Which they won't get because Vince, HHH, and Kidani are terrible people

I'm watching attitude era and smackdown has just launched but it sucks. Apart from the launch of the corporate ministry it was terrible. Can I skip smackdown and just watch raw? Will I miss much?

I can't imagine the toll this year has taken on Okada's body. He has been in a lot of very hard hitting matches. A lot.

Omega's knees are fucked too from what I have heard.

Sure NJPW schedule may not be as tough as WWE and Ambrose wrestles the way he does for a reason, but it still isn't good.

Suzuki has been in a few big matches too for his age. The Tokyo Dome DDT match might be ridiculous but they are still running through an entire arena for an hour in a single take.

Zach

I'm watching attitude era and smackdown has just launched but it sucks. Apart from the launch of the corporate ministry it was terrible. Can I skip smackdown and just watch raw? Will I miss much?
You can skip everything from the Attitude Era that doesn't involved Mick Foley. Enjoy!

Foggy

I can't imagine the toll this year has taken on Okada's body. He has been in a lot of very hard hitting matches. A lot.

Omega's knees are fucked too from what I have heard.

Sure NJPW schedule may not be as tough as WWE and Ambrose wrestles the way he does for a reason, but it still isn't good.

Suzuki has been in a few big matches too for his age. The Tokyo Dome DDT match might be ridiculous but they are still running through an entire arena for an hour in a single take.

It's tough to quantify which promotion is harder on the body. Nobody in New Japan are dangling from a wire 20 ft in the air to fall flat on their face. No one is taking the absurd bumps that KO is on a distressingly regular basis. And that's on top of the road schedule.

Point is, wrestling is not for people who care about the long term effects of their body. For better or worse.

Top Bottom