• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

Heroman

Banned
Big​ Dave Metzler Star rating for the Best of the super Jr's
6.1 Nagoya

Kanemaru/Desperado: 2.25

ACH/Taguchi: 3.0

BUSHI/Tiger Mask: 2.75

KUSHIDA/Volador Jr: 4.25

Finals:

Nagata/Oka/Umino v. Nakanishi/Yagi/Kitamura: 2.5

Ishii/Jado/Yano v. Makabe/Kawato/Tenzan: 3.25

Liger/Tiger Mask/Volador Jr. vs Suzuki Gun: 2.75

GoD/Yujiro/Fale vs. Finlay/War Machine/ACH: 3.5

Suzuki/Taichi vs Goto/YOSHI-HASHI: 3.5

LiJ vs Dragon Lee/Taguchi/Kojima/Ricochet/Juice: 4.0

Omega/Scurll vs Okada/Gedo: 3.25

And
mcvjxGl_d.jpg

KUSIDA vs Ospreay *****

TNA
Dave said:
While in India last week they taped in a TV studio that held 500 people. Everyone in the crowd was paid 250-400 rupee (between $3.80 and $7.60) to attend, so even in a small studio they not only didn't charge for tickets but paid people to attend. That's common for TV shoots in India and wouldn't have the same stigma if you did that in the US. Fans were instructed who to cheer and boo, and they were very good at doing so.

Hex

Banned
Big​ Dave Metzler Star rating for the Best of the super Jr's
6.1 Nagoya

Kanemaru/Desperado: 2.25

ACH/Taguchi: 3.0

BUSHI/Tiger Mask: 2.75

KUSHIDA/Volador Jr: 4.25

Finals:

Nagata/Oka/Umino v. Nakanishi/Yagi/Kitamura: 2.5

Ishii/Jado/Yano v. Makabe/Kawato/Tenzan: 3.25

Liger/Tiger Mask/Volador Jr. vs Suzuki Gun: 2.75

GoD/Yujiro/Fale vs. Finlay/War Machine/ACH: 3.5

Suzuki/Taichi vs Goto/YOSHI-HASHI: 3.5

LiJ vs Dragon Lee/Taguchi/Kojima/Ricochet/Juice: 4.0

Omega/Scurll vs Okada/Gedo: 3.25

And
mcvjxGl_d.jpg

KUSIDA vs Ospreay *****

I called it baybay!
Fuck the haters. They both crossed over into other areas to make this feel like more than a spot fest. Haven't seen either of them stop up like this ever.

If that's 5 stars what does that put Austin/Bret at considering inflation?
150,000,000*?
1,000,000,000*?

I thought the thread deemed Bret a bitter crybaby who just needed to do what Vince, Shawn and HHH told him to? Surely a guy like that couldn't even have above 4 stars

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just watched that Kushida v Ospraey match.

That shit was bananas. You flip haters can suck my flip canadian destroyer ddt thing whatever that was if you didnt like that!

Anth0ny

bret/austin is actually a 6 star match because of the ramifications

it fucking single handedly saved the wwf and created the highest drawing wrestler of all time in addition to being a masterful match

no other matches come close to that kind of impact on wrestling as a whole

According to Meltzer, this is the plan for the distribution of the Women's Tournament. It'll be taped 7/13 and 7/14. Everything but the finals will be taped then.

None of it will be on the Network until 8/20, when they'll do a dump of 5-6 episodes all at once. Then they'll do another dump in early September with the rest of the episodes. Then on September 12th, probably at the SD tapings in Vegas, they will do the live final.

I think all of this is a horribly stupid way to do this, especially considering the success of the weekly CWC. I feel like they have to purposely not be doing it like the CWC because they want to experiment and see if people still watch if it's all dumped on-demand as opposed to in the live feed.

And doing the finals at the SD taping is also incredibly stupid because no one there will have any idea who the finalists are. The final will have no heat.

Speaking of 205 Live, Meltzer said that WWE wants to put more of their women on the show, as they think that the women will help draw viewers to it. Sasha was just the first.

Watch them do it during the 205 Live timeslot for even less heat.

205 Live gets no heat because it's 205 Live. Even when it was taped before Raw that one week, it still had the same complete lack of heat.

According to Meltzer, this is the plan for the distribution of the Women's Tournament. It'll be taped 7/13 and 7/14. Everything but the finals will be taped then.

None of it will be on the Network until 8/20, when they'll do a dump of 5-6 episodes all at once. Then they'll do another dump in early September with the rest of the episodes. Then on September 12th, probably at the SD tapings in Vegas, they will do the live final.

I think all of this is a horribly stupid way to do this, especially considering the success of the weekly CWC. I feel like they have to purposely not be doing it like the CWC because they want to experiment and see if people still watch if it's all dumped on-demand as opposed to in the live feed.

And doing the finals at the SD taping is also incredibly stupid because no one there will have any idea who the finalists are. The final will have no heat.

I wish they chose something else to do this experiment with.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Speaking of 205 Live, Meltzer said that WWE wants to put more of their women on the show, as they think that the women will help draw viewers to it. Sasha was just the first.

Well they have boobs, and also vaginas so of course that will draw people to the cruiserweights, not actual different style matches and compeling characters.

It's like Netflix, but better you see!

ReiGun

I fucking love Heavy Machinery. Push them to the moon and then let them eat it.

wtf at this Sarah Logan theme
Sarah Logan threw me for a loop. She has this hard ass theme and dresses like some midwestern hunter, but she comes out look like the white-meat-est smiling-est babyface ever.

Well they have boobs, and also vaginas so of course that will draw people to the cruiserweights, not actual different style matches and compeling characters.

I read it as "the women are generally over, the cruiserweights are generally not, so let's put people who are over on the show so people will watch" and not "women are attractive so people will watch". Don't read it like that at all.

Rhaknar

I read it as "the women are generally over, the cruiserweights are generally not, so let's put people who are over on the show so people will watch" and not "women are attractive so people will watch". Don't read it like that at all.

Its Vince's company so I do. Sorry.

Its Vince's company so I do. Sorry.

Vince still makes some decisions based on aesthetics, there's no doubting that. I'm just saying I think it's dumb to assume this specific decision has more to do with the looks and less to do with the fact that paring talents that are over with talents that aren't in an effort to fix things has been a thing basically forever in wrestling. The women are over. The cruiserweights aren't. And that's not because of looks.

Hex

Banned
bret/austin is actually a 6 star match because of the ramifications

it fucking single handedly saved the wwf and created the highest drawing wrestler of all time in addition to being a masterful match

no other matches come close to that kind of impact on wrestling as a whole

Didn't someone say that at the time people were leaving the arena?

Haven't caught NXT yet, Sarah Logan I assume is Crazy Mary Dobson? I guess they just haven't decided what they want to do with her yet.

So this is interesting

according to a Facebook ad I got this morning, AAA apparently have a UK TV Freeview deal, I'd never heard of the channel but it's free!

AAA Wrestling. UK EXCLUSIVE.
Starting Wednesday 14th June at 9.30pm

Lucha Libre AAA Worldwide is Mexico’s biggest wrestling promotion – and is exclusively being shown in the UK on Front Runner.

The talented international competitors are known for wearing masks when competing and showcase the best in the ‘lucha libre’ style of wrestling.

If you’re a fan, this is something that’s definitely not to be missed. And a chance to see some of the world’s greatest luchador wrestlers in action including Rey Mysterio, Johnny Mundo, Angelico and Drago.

http://www.frontrunner.tv/2017/06/02/whats-on-june/

Menome

Blue hasn't posted in over a week. Hope he's doing alright.

I noticed that I hadn't seen him around recently, but as I skipped past the live RAW/Smackdown reaction pages this week, figured I'd just missed him there.

Maybe he's fallen so deep into his retro-rewatch that he's travelled in time back to 2002 or wherever it is he was at.

Slizz

5* for Kushida Ospreay? Was a great match, not 5* IMO. He gave Dunne vs Bate a 4.25 right? Then I'd roll a 4.5/4.75 out for Kushida Ospreay.

Slizz

4.75 for Dunne and Bate, I think.
If thats the case then at least his scale is somewhat consistent. More time for Dunne and Bate at the same intensity he said it would have been 5*, Kushida Ospreay was a good length, good apron/out of the ring spots, decent selling, every move used.

The intro for Super Strong Stule Day 1 is one of the best they've had in a while. I'm cracking up through the whole thing. Das is Progress and Phillipine chants are perfect

Top Bottom