• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

Gorillaz

For the most part it was a good stable while it lasted

losing them now is what is rough since most of the stuff is kind of "ehh" right now

Anth0ny

Actually, I'm okay with this. They reached the pinnacle. They could go no higher. It was time for a change.

It's true. There's literally nowhere they could go at this point, besides, like... 5 months of Wyatts 6 man tags.

The split makes sense at this point. They're keeping Reigns with Ambrose to mask some of his weaknesses for a while longer. Wouldn't be surprised if Roman won the Rumble next year and was placed in the title picture, at this pace.

What was next for the shield? They have run riot through every heel on the roster just about as a team and it was awesome. But now these young guys can go at is as singles wrestlers.

Shake hands and disband, dammit!

I can't stand this breakup. It was such a perfect bromance, with Ambrose always carried out by Reigns like a little brother.

Also, I really thought Ambrose was in on it, it's really funny to see him continue to be such a face, because he's got slimeball written all over him.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
How long have you been watching?

Rollins walked out on the Shield and explained

they were nothing without him

He is the architech

Exactly.

Even with the flow of the match last night, they were getting decimated until Rollins saved them by taking out all 3 at once from the ramp spot.

Wish they did the break up on on a bigger venue than a regular Raw though. Best thing in the WWE over the last 2 years.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Woulda been Ambrose like I said before, but we know Trips likes to prove the internet wrong.

high flying heels is almost never a good idea, but we'll see how it goes.

bigkrev

There was nothing left for them to do, but it's bittersweet to see them broken up.

Would not be surprised to see Ambrose turn as well in the next few weeks, and a horseman beat down coming for Reigns.

Heel

I want to hear friend Heel's thoughts about this.

The way I see it, this could go two ways:

A) Seth has been chosen as the breakout singles star. Reigns and Rollins stuck in tag team limbo, jobbing to The Usos.

B) The Shield is reinvigorated by a new third member via a highly-anticipated, ratings-driving debut by The Man They Call Sting.

Ithil

Shake hands and disband, dammit!

I can't stand this breakup. It was such a perfect bromance, with Ambrose always carried out by Reigns like a little brother.

Also, I really thought Ambrose was in on it, it's really funny to see him continue to be such a face, because he's got slimeball written all over him.

For a natural heel, Ambrose is actually a terrific face in peril.

somedevil

I bet at Money in the Bank you get Rollins vs Ambrose to build him up and Reigns vs Randy Orton. Then at Battleground Rollins vs Reigns and finally Reigns versus Triple H at Summerslam.

Seth is a great heel though. He did great heel work in the Indies and I'm sure he was great when shield were heels. So I'm fine with him turning.

The way I see it, this could go two ways:

A) Seth has been chosen as the breakout singles star. Reigns and Rollins stuck in tag team limbo, jobbing to The Usos.

B) The Shield is reinvigorated by a new third member via a highly-anticipated, ratings-driving debut by The Man They Call Sting.

Funny Man Steve Borden would do wonders for the Shield.

Good call as always, friend.

I'm of two minds about the whole thing. I think it could be a huge moment for Rollins, but I am terribly sad to see the Shield breakup. Hands down the best thing to happen to WWE the past two years.

charsace

Ambrose qnd Rollins just excel period. Heel, face it doesn't matter. Both guys were the best of the best everywhere they have been and that's why Trips has had them working with Reigns since fcw.

Top Bottom