• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

somedevil

If anything that will throw off their DVR viewership numbers.

Ck9EQasXEAAIGsJ.jpg:large

This is hilarious and will get people to think someone is intentionally doing this for not getting paid.

Kaladin

The King of the Mountain Championship is supposedly centered around the King of The Mountain match, but it is defended regularly too which almost doesn't make sense.

notworksafe

The King of the Mountain Championship is supposedly centered around the King of The Mountain match, but it is defended regularly too which almost doesn't make sense.

How strange

Still commercials here. I guess no wrasslin tonight then. They do cut to the show but only for like...10 seconds.

Nobody knew that it was me who set the alarm off. Everyone was told thatthere was no fire, but a particular room needed to be checked by the local fire department before we could head back to our rooms. The late Eckie (better known as Umaga) was watching me closely the entiretime we waited. He asked me, “Yo,Uce, you kinda quiet over there. You good?”

I think this book of JTG's might be a little funnier than the first.

This is a new low for TNA. They did a semi live episode and right now they can't the show to run on POP tv. They been running the same commercials for 11 minutes straight as of 9:11

edit: From their twitter:

lol

TNA man....

I remember Meltzer saying something along the lines of TNA could've went bankrupt this weekend it's that fucking dire man.

Here:
Hobbes posted on Meltzer's F4W board:

Just listened to the segment. A recap:

- Dave says TNA was in an absolute crisis situation. Dean Broadhead, the BUSINESS HEAD of TNA, wrote on facebook this week that on Thursday and Friday he logged over 80 business calls with "attorneys, accountants, vendors, bankers, employees" and said it may be time for him to retire, but not until everything is in the right place. When asked why he had to make all those calls, Dean said he had twelve hours to secure financing for TNA, so that production trucks could come. I'll note here that Rovert posted on twitter a few days ago that there had been rumblings of a possible TNA production staff mutiny, so this jives with that.

- Dave says he thought TNA had money for this TV taping, but apparently they didn't have enough. Dave brings up again that TNA was originally going to tape not just Monday through Wednesday this week, but an extra month of Impact on Thursday and Friday, and canceled plans for those last two days to save money short term (It'll cost more in the long run, because they'll have to fly everyone out sooner than usual for another set of Impact tapings).

- Dave says this was where Billy Corgan came in, and while he doesn't know all the details, TNA had some loans to Aroluxe that needed to be paid back, and seeing as how they run production, "they control all the equipment". Dave makes it sound like these tapings wouldn't have happened without Corgan paying off Aroluxe.

- Dave says people are going to get mad that he said all this, but points out that this isn't investigative journalism, Dean Broadhead posted about the trouble they were in on facebook.

- Dave says the big problem for TNA coming up, beyond finding money for the NEXT TV tapings, is that sooner or later they have to go to India to fill their once a year obligation to Sony Six. The problem is that while Sony Six will pay some of the costs, they're not going to pay all of them. Dave says a trip to India is very very expensive for TNA, but at the same time, not doing the shows puts them in danger of losing Sony Six, which is one of their key revenue streams. Dave says not only was last year's India tapings canceled, but this year's have already been delayed once.

Also I'm finally watching some ROH, hey this is a competent wrestling program, unlike TNA.

Season 6 of Total Divas is going to be the best thing ever. Maryse, Lana and Renee Young are regulars now, and generally the real-life spouse of the main cast tend to appear regularly (so Nat has Tyson Kidd, Naomi has Jimmy Uso, Brie with DB and Nikki with Cena). It's filming right now I believe so that basically means I'm gonna get to see Ambrose, Rusev, Miz and potentially Del Rio the next season. Maybe they can say no to appearing, but at the same time RUSEV IN A SCRIPTED REALITY TV SHOW.

If they let Rusev be real it could be funny, dude is great.

Is Naomi still on? I honestly really like her and Jimmy the most. Bellas can go kick rocks already.

After reading JTG's second book, you really feel sorry for the guy. I hated him and Shad because of the stereotypical gimmick but I now see that not even he cared foe the bullshit but he did whatever to live his dream. Good guy.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I guess the question is why not just book Sasha instead of Paige if there's gonna be a random throwaway segment for a non-storyline girl to go over.

The thing that's crazy to me about the whole TNA thing is how desperately fucked they are but somehow they manage to somehow push through all of their tapings.

If they let Rusev be real it could be funny, dude is great.

Is Naomi still on? I honestly really like her and Jimmy the most. Bellas can go kick rocks already.
She got dropped as a regular for season 5 in favor of Mandy Rose, a developmental wrestler who many claim was the reason the viewership dropped so much that season. But it's been confirmed she's back for season 6 with Mandy being dropped.

Bellas are getting their own spin-off. Twice the Bellas!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
She got dropped as a regular for season 5 in favor of Mandy Rose, a developmental wrestler who many claim was the reason the viewership dropped so much that season. But it's been confirmed she's back for season 6 with Mandy being dropped.

Bellas are getting their own spin-off. Twice the Bellas!

Why did Mandy fail? Ironically, she's gotten good reviews for her wrestling ability given her experience level (which is almost none, so obviously she still sucks compared to anyone decent) despite the fact they clearly hired her to be replacement Eva Marie.

Eventually that has to go down with the viewership numbers right?

They just get paid a flat rate per their TV deal. By the time it rolls around to re-negotiate, it will be far less, but USA isn't gonna drop WWE. Its still their highest rated show. They haven't had a "Monk" in a long time, they basically only have Mr. Robot as successful original programming.

I was thinking Owens would win up until last night, but now I keep thinking WWE have some grand idea of a Shield triple-threat which means Ambrose is winning the MitB.

Thing is I keep thinking that even if Ambrose wins the briefcase, he's going to end up losing his attempt at cashing in.

Why did Mandy fail? Ironically, she's gotten good reviews for her wrestling ability given her experience level (which is almost none, so obviously she still sucks compared to anyone decent) despite the fact they clearly hired her to be replacement Eva Marie.

Not really sure. I just think people didn't like the idea of some developmental wrestler coming in that no one knew about. Even the viewers of the show who didn't watch actual wrestling seemed to not care. Jojo was a regular in season 1 back when she was training to be a wrestler, but she left the show to focus on her training and well...we know how that turned out.

Eva Marie was developmental come the first season and even by season 4 she was still being trained by the Brian Kendrick, but at the same time her being there could be accounted to WWE giving her that huge push so they wouldn't want her off the show. Hell, it seems even within the scripted universe of Total Divas, most of the women dislike Eva for training personally with Brian and not at the performance center.

Colocho

Banned
I was thinking Owens would win up until last night, but now I keep thinking WWE have some grand idea of a Shield triple-threat which means Ambrose is winning the MitB.

Thing is I keep thinking that even if Ambrose wins the briefcase, he's going to end up losing his attempt at cashing in.

I think Ambrose wins the case, Roman vs Seth ends in shenanigans so there's a rematch at Battleground, Ambrose cashes in on Battleground and sets up the triple threat at the Summerfest.

I think Ambrose wins the case, Roman vs Seth ends in shenanigans so there's a rematch at Battleground, Ambrose cashes in on Battleground and sets up the triple threat at the Summerfest.
Maybe they'll have Dean be so crazy he wants a predetermined match because he's a lunatic, Maggle.

He can join Cena and Sandow in the ranks of unsuccessful cash-ins.

Top Bottom