• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

MC Safety

Season 6 of Total Divas is going to be the best thing ever. Maryse, Lana and Renee Young are regulars now, and generally the real-life spouse of the main cast tend to appear regularly (so Nat has Tyson Kidd, Naomi has Jimmy Uso, Brie with DB and Nikki with Cena). It's filming right now I believe so that basically means I'm gonna get to see Ambrose, Rusev, Miz and potentially Del Rio the next season. Maybe they can say no to appearing, but at the same time RUSEV IN A SCRIPTED REALITY TV SHOW.

I wouldn't get my hopes up.

The show has been Total Garbage since its debut.

styl3s

How long until the TNA trainwreck comes to a rest and Vince picks the bones clean, add TNA's video to the network.

Plus selectively hired talent to be fed to Roman - looking at Galloway, EC3 and Lashley here.
I would love to go back and rewatch all those weekly ppvs they were doing in the first couple years i bought every single one of those i actually really enjoyed TNA up until about 2007-2008 but i also enjoyed the train wreck that was 2000-2001 WCW and i can't wait for WWE network to add all those nitros and hopefully thunders.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Season 6 of Total Divas is going to be the best thing ever. Maryse, Lana and Renee Young are regulars now, and generally the real-life spouse of the main cast tend to appear regularly (so Nat has Tyson Kidd, Naomi has Jimmy Uso, Brie with DB and Nikki with Cena). It's filming right now I believe so that basically means I'm gonna get to see Ambrose, Rusev, Miz and potentially Del Rio the next season. Maybe they can say no to appearing, but at the same time RUSEV IN A SCRIPTED REALITY TV SHOW.

They are gonna have to give up the ghost about Lana not being an actual Russian person at some point given the reason she's on the show is so they can do TD bullshit with their wedding.

Saw the low rating.
People thought the first 30 minutes was garbage? SMH people

If they want ratings to improve they have to convene an emergency board meeting to get rid of Vince as booker. It's one of those things where if you're a hardcore fan, its just frustrating that he's doing shit like sticking with Roman as champ, booking Seth as a heel, etc. but the real problem is that booking that way isn't pandering to casuals, its probably actively turning them off. Nobody wants to watch a niche product where the storylines make no fucking sense. Casual fans probably have even less confidence in the product ever making sense than hardcore fans do. Practically every interesting thing that's ever happened with the product was by accident. Vince is fucken dumb.

I wouldn't get my hopes up.

The show has been Total Garbage since its debut.
Daniel-Bryan-Shaking-His-Head-Mad.gif

I won't argue it's genuinely good, but it's entertainingly bad.

Most of this show sucked. Charlotte looked like a moron losing to Paige clean before a tag match not involving Paige. Cesaro lost again in a short match to Sami - which was at least good. Steph buried Dean a bit, and then we got a corny Shield meeting on the Asylum. At least Dean was made to look strong. AJ vs. Cena remains the best thing on Raw by leaps and bounds. They're pressing all the right buttons to make this click and it does feel like a big match - but they're rushing it now, and it seems like it should be a Summerslam match instead of just an MITB one. Everything going down between them in just two weeks has hurt this, but also given them less time to fuck things up. Jericho doing his wacky ladder pose to close the show amused me.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2016/06/wwe-raw-6-13-16.html

Shane's face seems to sum up Raw.

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/k583nnd552dv5eqbswmz3p6x3rw0k645

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Running 20 PPVs a year is a fucking horrible idea, but I dunno if running only 12 would work either. You're talking about 8 weeks between PPVs for each brand and they can't build up shit over 4 weeks as it is now.

Imagine if we had 8 weeks to build for Money in the Bank. We'd get every possible permutation of the six participants in the match fighting in various ways.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Everything about WWE having more PPVs, longer showers, bigger rosters, I want all of it

I don't want to watch the product itself. I just want t osee how hard they faceplant when they do it.

Kaladin

It fucks with my mind that we still have a July PPV after MITB before Summerslam.

With the way things are set up, we're looking at a Shield Triple Threat and Cena vs Styles III and whoever Brock fights.

Holy fucking lol a 2.03

The last time the product did that bad was literally 1996

Happy 20 years of mediocrity, friends. Here's hoping they can't do 20 more!

They are gonna have to give up the ghost about Lana not being an actual Russian person at some point given the reason she's on the show is so they can do TD bullshit with their wedding.
She kept the accent when she made an appearance in an earlier season, same for when she was on Swerved season 2. Don't know why, not sure if it's a contract requirement or bizarre method acting. The show generally throws Kayfabe out the window for most of them name-wise and it acknowledges that wrestling is predetermined. Daniel Bryan is Bryan Danielson, Naomi is called Trinity often, Jimmy Uso is called Jon, Tyson Kidd is TJ, Cameron is called Ariane. Natalya tends to be called Nattie most of the time, which works for her real life name. Even Ziggler got called Nick.

There are some exceptions. Paige is Paige, Alicia is Alicia and a few guest appearance stars use their ring-names.

Why do I care so much about the show to know all of this.

Zach

So there's all this bla bla bla going on at this ECW show I'm watching so I look up this dude Steve Corino on Wikipedia and...

cILcXkt.jpg

Well then.

Ithil

Finn was an absolute god in Dublin. Him, Bayley, Joe and Asuka are the best at playing directly to the crowd. The crowd plays to Nakamura, not the other way around.

I recommend an NXT live show to anyone, this was great fun and much better than any prior WWE show I've been to.

RBH

So he thinks Del Rio should have been backstage instead of paying tribute to this unfortunate incident because Kayfabe needs to be protected?

tumblr_inline_o533tgwdOw1td6a19_500.gif

I think the point is that they shouldn't have done the whole "late to the arena" storyline with Del Rio in the first place since it didn't really accomplish or add anything.

Angry Grimace

I think the point is that they shouldn't have done the whole "late to the arena" storyline with Del Rio in the first place since it didn't really accomplish or add anything.
His point was that it broke kayfabe and therefore it should have been removed when they decided to do the Orlando thing even though the people who would notice it don't care.

shaowebb

Please say that Jericho money in the bank win is a fucking shop or something. He was the worst possibility on the card.

RBH

His point was that it broke kayfabe and therefore it should have been removed when they decided to do the Orlando thing even though the people who would notice it don't care.

I don't think it's exactly an egregious point. It's not big enough of a deal to proclaim comparisons to WCW's demise and overreact and whatnot. I noticed it when the segment aired and didn't think it was a big deal at all given the circumstances. But at the same time, it was a relatively easy thing to fix beforehand.

somedevil

This is a new low for TNA. They did a semi live episode and right now they can't the show to run on POP tv. They been running the same commercials for 11 minutes straight as of 9:11

edit: From their twitter:

We apologize for the issue with @PopTV. The issue is with master control and they are working to correct it. Please stay with us

lol

Kaladin

This is a new low for TNA. They did a semi live episode and right now they can't the show to run on POP tv. They been running the same commercials for 11 minutes straight as of 9:11

edit: From their twitter:

lol

If anything that will throw off their DVR viewership numbers.

Kaladin

Welcome to the Impact Wrestling Report here on PWInsider.com!

We start off with a video package looking back at the events of this past weekend's Slammiversary PPV...then the feed stops and we get commercials for Impact, Celebrity Name Game, and That 70s Show for the next 15 minutes.

Finally we come back to Impact at 9:18 with what I assume is our opening match...

King of the Mountain Title Match: Eli Drake vs Jeff Hardy

Nope, we go right back to the rotating Pop TV commercials. I'll come back when the show does.

Okay, we're back and Bobby Lashley is in the ring holding up the TNA World Title belt...and then we're back to commercials.

Uuuuuuuuuh

notworksafe

Why is the titleholder called King of the Mountain Champion and not just King of the Mountain? Also what does that title even mean?

Top Bottom