• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

Fox318

Why isnt Cesaro champ
TotalThisAldabratortoise-size_restricted.gif

He really is the best

Ambrose didn't do anything the entire match but win and despite everyone's love for Cesaro, I felt like he just did a bunch of signature spots in the same way he always does them, which I hate.

Everybody's extolling the little springboard uppercut he did while ignoring that he totally no-sold the cross armbreaker Del Rio was doing to him on a ladder, with his full body weight, just a moment earlier.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Everybody's extolling the little springboard uppercut he did while ignoring that he totally no-sold the cross armbreaker Del Rio was doing to him on a ladder, with his full body weight, just a moment earlier.

I hate Cesaro's stupid uppercuts and I hate his swing, so its probably not surprising I don't see what people see in the guy. Half of his offense are those specific moves.

Cagey

Banned
The internet seeking to spoil all good fun, I've accidentally read the results of last night without having seen the PPV.

dream, tell me I'm dreaming a bad dream.

Just finished MITB

Omg this is freaking disgusting. They actually gave the title to the lunatic fringe. Dare I say this is worse than sheamus having the title.

Just get the triple threat over with at battleground I don't want this.

I hate Cesaro's stupid uppercuts and I hate his swing, so its probably not surprising I don't see what people see in the guy. Half of his offense are those specific moves.

Well you know WWE, gotta limit those movepools and overuse the unique spots so they are no longer interesting.

It could be worse, it could be Dropkick and stomp central like Balor, I'm pretty sure there's an enemy in Dark Souls 3 swamp area that is basically the Demon Balor with 75% of his moveset, big leaping stomps.

Adree

LOL during Reigns/Rollins you can hear Rollins say "fucking asshole" after the three head slams into the announce table

Reigns also calls the announcing table "fucking piece of shit" right before he takes the lid off of it and takes a monitor out. I imagine part of it was supposed to break off (although the gimmicked ones are not usually the main announce table.)

Litte? That was coolest and most impressive spot of the night.

Setting aside it's the same spot Cesaro has done a number of times before, just off a ladder that was only a few feet higher than the turnbuckle he usually springboards off of, it totally destroyed the story that had been set up just moments earlier. People online are way to quick to extol how cool moves are without considering whether or not they make sense. Daniel Bryan did an awesome move in a match with Cesaro where he spun around his body three or four times and then took him down, but it made sense because the story of the match to that point was Cesaro being too strong for Bryan to get to the ground, and confusing him and using the momentum of the spin to get him down was a solution to that that just happened to look cool. I'm not saying there's no place for cool spots for cool spots' sake, but when it actively fucks with a story thread that was just introduced, it's a hindrance, not a positive.

Cagey

Banned
Dude, you're boy's at the chase now. If anything he's gonna be even more prominent now than ever.
For TV watching purposes, I'm hoping Ambrose suddenly becomes entertaining to me. Recent months he's been in my fast forward tier.

One perk is at least the god forsaken briefcase is gone for the next 365 days.

For TV watching purposes, I'm hoping Ambrose suddenly becomes entertaining to me. Recent months he's been in my fast forward tier.

I can't even jokingly say that I think this will light a fire under Dean's ass. The dude is the LAZIEST wrestler on the planet and hasn't had a really, really good singles match to his name since that ladder match with Seth a full year ago. He makes Dolph Ziggler look like AJ Styles.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Her screaming "I'm the best protege ever!" after the match is literally the best character moment within the main roster in months/years.

Also, that face:
ClWvtBHWYAUMmaQ.jpg

So good. She gets it. She's awesome.

JavyOO7

I can't even jokingly say that I think this will light a fire under Dean's ass. The dude is the LAZIEST wrestler on the planet and hasn't had a really, really good singles match to his name since that ladder match with Seth a full year ago. He makes Dolph Ziggler look like AJ Styles.

He had that incredible match with HHH in Roadblock. Miles better than Roman's match with HHH.

klonere

Banned

Agreed. Last night drove it home for me that it a stupid stupid gimmick.

The Shield now have 6 WHC reigns between them, in the space of 2 years.

somedevil

So you didn't like his match against Triple H or his last man standing match with Kevin Owens?

Kaiterra

Banned
lol I sit down planning to actually watch Raw for once and I get a call up saying SURPRISE, impromptu family gathering, Grandma's visiting from her assisted living facility, wanna come over? I can't really say no, especially if my excuse is "I wanna watch wrestling!" Maybe this is the will of the some Higher Power looking out for me and saving me from watching WWE in 2016 though. Mysterious ways, friends.

What happens to Roman being "the guy" now, is he just "a guy"? will his promos reflect this change?

They call Cena "The Champ" even when he's not the champ so uh... No.

Top Bottom