• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

shaowebb

Not sure who told the story. But you have to set the example FAST and not let the people think they have a chance. If you show weakness you are fucking toast.

Pretty much, because once they realize their are more of them than their are of you then its all over. You'll have a riot in a lot of scenarios and thats horribly fucked up. God I still remember seeing locker rooms get emptied out to try and fight crowds in indie footage. I think thats about when ROH stopped booking homicide though. Dude needed to leave shit alone.

Here's the ROH riot of 2003
It got ugly fast. Low ki and Samoa Joe just took it to the rioting crowd though. Them and Da Hit Squad were just tearing shit up so bad people were afraid to keep taking on the wrestlers in the riot. Those 4 pretty much ended that riot. Lucky it ended though...folks coud've been armed and THAT could've gotten ugly. In the 80s it was normal for everyone to have fucking pocket knives and to be wrestling at places that served alcohol. If there was a riot there would be someone get cut with a blade or bottle in those days.

I like my r truths to be independent and hilarious as much as I like my goldusts to be awkward and confusing. Put them together and I want to kill myself

Free truthdust from their cooperative shackles
But but they're the ultimate pair! They can't be without each other in these troubled times.

tm24

Saw headline CMLL star to debut in ROH.

Got excited.

Saw it was Stuka Jr.

Wondered if anyone knew what the definition of star is.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Cause dawg if we want to talk about someone in CMLL always having the same match?
rush.jpg

Let's talk about someone in CMLL always having the same match

jmdajr

Pretty much, because once they realize their are more of them than their are of you then its all over. You'll have a riot in a lot of scenarios and thats horribly fucked up. God I still remember seeing locker rooms get emptied out to try and fight crowds in indie footage. I think thats about when ROH stopped booking homicide though. Dude needed to leave shit alone.

Here's the ROH riot of 2003
It got ugly fast. Low ki and Samoa Joe just took it to the rioting crowd though. Them and Da Hit Squad were just tearing shit up so bad people were afraid to keep taking on the wrestlers in the riot. Those 4 pretty much ended that riot. Lucky it ended though...folks coud've been armed and THAT could've gotten ugly. In the 80s it was normal for everyone to have fucking pocket knives and to be wrestling at places that served alcohol. If there was a riot there would be someone get cut with a blade or bottle in those days.

wtf. Never seen that footage.

I've heard horror stories from wrestling in Puerto Rico from many performers. I mean..obviously.

tm24

They'll go well?

It's like if I told someone Kojima's going to have a bad match.
Iono man, but UG is the definition of I have my spots, ima get them in, regardless if you dont have a move that requires you to go to the top rope.
Cause dawg if we want to talk about someone in CMLL always having the same match?
rush.jpg

Let's talk about someone in CMLL always having the same match

This is true too

I remember a passage from Ric Flairs books when he describes a fan who charged the ring with a butchers knife and the guy had to have the wound surgically cleaned after because the knife was coated in pig fat.

Zach

I deserve it. I've been fantasy booking my pants off lately.

Time for me and Sephzilla to do a fantasy draft using the people included in WWE's draft game. >_>

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
Who the fuck is Rosa Mendes? I've been watching wrestling fairly consistently since WM 30 and have never heard of this person, yet she is on the draft roster.

Their library is insane, well worth it.

I don't know much about the promotion, but I get the impression that it's a bit more focused on "classic" in ring type wrestling and drama as opposed to 20 minute promos and matches constantly ending in interruption fuckery?

Not that I mind promos (love Jericho!) or the occasional fuckery, I'm just kind of tired of how WWE structures time (poorly) and misuses their wrestlers at the moment. I want to watch a promotion where what happens in the ring matters, if that makes sense.

Kurita

I don't know much about the promotion, but I get the impression that it's a bit more focused on "classic" in ring type wrestling and drama as opposed to 20 minute promos and matches constantly ending in interruption fuckery?

Not that I mind promos (love Jericho!) or the occasional fuckery, I'm just kind of tired of how WWE structures time (poorly) and misuses their wrestlers at the moment. I want to watch a promotion where what happens in the ring matters, if that makes sense.

Then watch NJPW

Watch more Puro. There the matches are better on a regular basis the characters are more grounded and you would 'so get half hour long promos every week.

If they want a proper Indian star they need to lure Mahabali Shera over from TNA, guy is more than just a freak show attraction and can work well, plus he's got age on his side. Built correctly into a main event player I honestly think he has potential unless they go down the typical evil foreigner bullshit angle.
Don't hinder Jinder, friend.

Top Bottom