• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Welcome to the Family, Disregard my Brother

Is everyone cool if I just assume Jericho stole the whole lightbrite jacket thing from Prince Devitt when Devitt traveled back in time with his swagjacket

Cause FUCKIN A that's never going to get old

RE: PPV and whatnot: PPV is far more expensive to put together than iPPV, and that's with pretapes. A live one would murder them, especially since they're very focused on keeping the budget nice and simple.

bangai-o

Banned
i started watching "Tha Avengers." The girl who is Black Widow doesnt look anywhere near in shape as AJ. she has no muscles at all.

Is everyone cool if I just assume Jericho stole the whole lightbrite jacket thing from Prince Devitt when Devitt traveled back in time with his swagjacket

RE: PPV and whatnot: PPV is far more expensive to put together than iPPV, and that's with pretapes. A live one would murder them, especially since they're very focused on keeping the budget nice and simple.

ALL HAIL THE PRINCE!

sailorswayze

Neo Member

Way ahead of you.

tumblr_mowywaDsTd1rwl7dco2_500.png

Kaladin

It just feels like Ring of Honor is giving up by going to VOD. I know they want to be able to present their product in the best way possible, but wrestling fans like to watch the show live. The joys of seeing a match with everyone else in the world without being able to look up the outcome can't be duplicated with VOD. There has to be other solutions out there.

Probably the best way to do a successful iPPV would be to find one venue to hold all of your big shows in and work with that venue to ensure that their internet connection is top notch. There could always be something that could go wrong, but at least you'll have a venue you trust.

Joeki11a

Banned
Cover is The Rock, was announced ages go via Steph Investors meeting

It will debut tonight, with new trailer reveal

Let it go, Phil had his run and it amounted to losing to Rock twice,
cena and Taker, nobody cares about 400 whatever days he was
Booked to go over, the last 4 bookings to lose hold more weight.

Some friends are mine are heading to RAW tonight and one of 'em asked me what shirt to get. I told him to get whatever Henry's shirt is. I'm calling him right now to get him to change his mind; I can only hope I'm not too late!

Thought the wrasslin thread may appreciate this. I've posted about it before, but my bro is a big card collector and has quite the collection of wrestling cards. His set won an award for "Best Modern Miscellaneous Sports Set of the Year." It is the first wrestling set to be honored with an award from the PSA.

Those cards are in great shape. Thanks for posting about it, and congrats to your brother for accomplishing such a milestone in collecting.

bangai-o

Banned
Some friends are mine are heading to RAW tonight and one of 'em asked me what shirt to get. I told him to get whatever Henry's shirt is. I'm calling him right now to get him to change his mind; I can only hope I'm not too late!

why? its not a bad wrestling shirt. and if he sells enough t shirts, he might become wwe champion.

Nothing wrong with it at all. Devitt's jacket adds to his character and is fucking awesome. Jericho's jacket adds nothing and is already super stale.

I miss Wright.

why? its not a bad wrestling shirt. and if he sells enough t shirts, he might become wwe champion.

I don't think it's very good, though. It's a little too on the nose for my tastes, and in retrospect, I might have recommended it a bit too highly without actually knowing what it looked like. The conversation went like this:

"so I was thinking about getting a shirt at tonight's show, which one do you think I should get?"

"Get Henry's new shirt"

"We haven't even seen it yet"

"Dude. Henry deserves it after Monday."

"But-"

"Russo-tier swerve, dude"

"OK"

Probably should have waited a bit first. I already called my friend, so it's too late anyway. He said he's getting the Ziggler shirt instead. For his butt. He refuses to wear it on his torso.

Kaladin

I doubt I'll be watching the last hour of this Raw live because I'm watching the Mad Men finale when I get home. Don Draper > CM Punk.

So help me if any of you spoil this finale I will see you banned.

dream

I think Ring of Honor ditching iPPVs is the right move. The company has no credibility at this point, and nobody trusts them to actually deliver an iPPV without any calamities other than the 100 fans who buy each iPPV and are genuinely shocked when the show implodes.

Top Bottom