• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Welcome to the Family, Disregard my Brother

krae_man

Isn't there a PPV in Detroit as well in like September? A couple buddies wanna go there

EDIT: Yeah, Night of Champions is at the Joe.

Yeah I was thinking about that one as well. Every PPV I've been to has been in a different venue(which is why I was leaning MITB initially, but Oct is better for me timing wise with my budget.

So I'm picking Buffalo since it will be cheapest and closest.

Brinbe

And we're getting that Raw too aren't we? hmmm... yeah, fuck it, I'll go. MITB's are usually good shows right!? (that's honestly why I'm even interested in the first place) And, if anything, the Philly crowd will be great. I can also hit up the Raw in Brooklyn the next night since my cousin lives in the borough.

Damn the power of June and July for giving us entertaining wrasslin'
LLShC.gif

krae_man

Yeah Monday after labor day. Tickets for MITB suck right now anyway. I'm the "I need to buy tickets the second they go on sale" type. I'm not paying $450 including service charges for third row. Hopefully Buffalo will be $250-$300. Then again they couldn't even get that last time and had to discount some of the top price tickets to $90(which makes it even more baffling that they are going back and they still haven't put a PPV in Toronto since 06).

strobogo

Banned
I have 114 stars on SMG2. I don't think I can get to 120. It's Mario 64 all over again. I've been at 115 for about 13 years now. I have a couple prankster things left to get and all but one are in S Galaxy. I don't think I can do it.

Aiii

So not worth it
WWE has been so good this past month that I have been legit looking forward to Raw since last weeks Raw ended. Been a long time, start of an era!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So someone I know 100% believes Hulk Hogan made Jimi Hendrix cool again by using Voodoo Child in the 90s.

Everyone hated Jimi Hendrix until Hogan decided to use it, yes this is correct, absolutely.

WWE has been so good this pats month that I have been legit looking forward to Raw since last weeks Raw ended. Been a long time, start of an era!

Doesn't bode well for GWF 2.0's debut, it was always used to wash the taste out of your mouth. Now people will go to bed satisfied.

Maybe we should come on after TNA

That sounds like something Hogan himself would say.

Also, goddamn Maccy D's drive through fucking up my order. I curse everyone who likes mayonnaise. You're all devil-spawn.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That sounds like something Hogan himself would say.

Also, goddamn Maccy D's drive through fucking up my order. I curse everyone who likes mayonnaise. You're all devil-spawn.

Mayo's nassssty. Nastier than

z8M2pQU.jpg

Strobogo, go off-topic one more time and I'm banning your tush. I don't lurk this thread to read about video game crap.

I shouldn't have to make posts in this thread, all of you are here for my wrestling amusement. I should just be able to lurk and have all of you do the work.

Stop turning this cesspool into a shithole.

strobogo

Banned
Everyone hated Jimi Hendrix until Hogan decided to use it, yes this is correct, absolutely.

Doesn't bode well for GWF 2.0's debut, it was always used to wash the taste out of your mouth. Now people will go to bed satisfied.

Maybe we should come on after TNA

Sunflower always leaves me going to bed satisfied.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I will have a teaser match going up before 2.0's debut. Pretty crazy amount of new shit going on in 2.0, I hope people don't get bored with me. That's my main fear.

Kaladin

Notes from Jim Ross on NXT:
My observation, in general, on the NXT taping Thursday night at Full Sail University was that the four, one hour programs were as solid and as full of energy as any we've done in the ever growing developmental program.

The taping started at 6:30 P.M. and ended just before 10 P.M. local time which was efficient and kept the capacity crowd engaged throughout the evening.

Lots of talents continue to develop in NXT and many have, seemingly, a date with the WWE main roster in their future at some point in time. Continued hard work in the effort to improve one's game and making the right decisions both in and out of the ring are imperative for those dreams to be facilitated.

Lazy, immature, overly insecure, problem children need not apply.

I like the duo of Adrian Neville and Cory Graves as they have the potential to compliment each other well and to grow as a team for as long as they are together. The new Ascension duo also has potential.

Bo Dallas and Leo Kruger both had solid nights, among several others,Thursday evening as I don't recall seeing any bouts that were cringe worthy.

Arguably, the 'stars' of the Thursday NXT taping were all the Divas who had a series of fundamentally sound bouts including many within the first ever, NXT Womens Title tourney.

Sara Del Ray has done a marvelous job in coaching and teaching the females in NXT and her efforts are certainly obvious to any fan of the genre.

Ric Flair was on hand to see his athletic daughter, Charlotte, make her in ring debut and Charlotte did well for her first outing. She's approximately a 6 footer who has a viable upside.

The Wyatt Family had a strong night and they are ready for a successful entry into the WWE sooner than later. Luke Harper had an especially physical and solid match with WWE Superstar Sheamus on one of the taped programs.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That's a bean? Looks like a...I guess a bean, yeah.

strobogo

Banned
Strobogo, go off-topic one more time and I'm banning your tush. I don't lurk this thread to read about video game crap.

I shouldn't have to make posts in this thread, all of you are here for my wrestling amusement. I should just be able to lurk and have all of you do the work.

Stop turning this cesspool into a shithole.

How 'bout you suck my Shark Johnson

I guess Japan have been doing it right for years, and you read about how it used to be well presented in North American many years ago. But watching Diva matches from the WWF in the 90s and early 00s was horrible, which is probably why they were just bra and panty matches.

Kaladin

ROH continues to do nothing for women's wrestling except to exhibit it as a sideshow. Even when they had the talents of Sarah Del Rey and Daizee Haze and Lacey, there was never more than a match on the show and it was usually a Shimmer Showcase. You have to go elsewhere in the indies to find women competing on the same level as men, and women's wrestling in general being treated as being on the same level as men wrestling.

No thanks to ROH.

Or EVOLVE/DGUSA. I don't think Gabe cares for women's wrestling, as it was always an afterthought in ROH while he was booking (and still is today).

CHIKARA have used women like Sara & Daizee well in the past, plus Saturyne and Kimber Lee in recent months, while PWG had some good stuff a few years back with Candice LeRae and Christina Von Eerie, but the promotion that deserves the most kudos has to be AIW - not many promotions would make their live PPV debut with an all women's show. Hell, not many promotions would even consider running an all women's show, let alone treating women's wrestlers as equals of their male counterparts.

Just another reason in the long list of reasons as to why people should be watching AIW - I know, I know, their ring-mat looks like its made of trash bags and the commentary can be pretty bad depending who's doing it, but the shows are really damn great at the moment. Check out the JT Lightning Invitational Tournament, fantastic pair of shows.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Donkey Kong's a ton of fun. Only thing I don't like is that the 3d feels weird and makes platforming harder, but I rarely use the 3d anyways.

Ultratech

WWE has been so good this past month that I have been legit looking forward to Raw since last weeks Raw ended. Been a long time, start of an era!

All hail the Power of June!

(Too bad it goes away next week.)

Mayo's nassssty.

I once broke a case of Mayo once when I worked at a grocery store.

It was horrible trying to clean it up. :(

That's a bean? Looks like a...I guess a bean, yeah.

Looks like a bean/bear. A bean bear? A bear bean?

This makes no fucking sense and it is infuriating.

Almost anything, if you handle it wrong, can hurt/kill/maim you.

(Mind-boggling to be sure.)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Did Daizee Haze ever get ahold of some meals? Last I saw her she was pretty close to dead.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I used to have the hots for Daizee so bad.

Then she went all SUPER LEAN

She looks a lot better there than she had before. How old is this pic? Also she's lookin like whatshername in Jackie Brown (the best Tarantino film of them all, oops now we're off topic)

Top Bottom