• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

ily9QLYi9kLLf.jpg

Seriously guys.....this confirms that writers at least lurk on WrassleGaf. How else can you explain a Kane and AJ storyline now? We must be careful with this power we have been given.

Katie Vick should make a return and make this a love hexagon.

Credo

Even though it ended with Cena's awful promo, I've got to say that was the best Raw I've watched in a while. Like most of you, I could look at AJ all day, and the Kane/AJ thing coming to fruition just like you guys built it up made it easily worth the 3 hours. Also, it was great to see Vader do a decent job in the ring and see the audience have a pretty positive response to him.

Actually looks like the punch BARELY grazed the top of Vince's hair.

That punch looked liked something out of Stan Hansen v. Vader at the Tokyo DOme in 1990 compared to Cena's laughable punches to Show in the corner.

That whole sequence was a wrestling striking abomination. It looked as sorry as a Velvet Sky v. Kelly Kelly rope-running exhibition.

UberTag

This is all setup to lead to Vince's heel turn at the ppv. Him, Johnny, and Big Show are all working together. Nothing happened of course. Vince getting interrupted while doing the firing means he changes his mind for no reason and then doesn't do it. This has happened during like 3 firings in the LAST FUCKING YEAR.
You were expecting something different. Why would the WWE not keep doing the same thing they've done before? Because it's June?

You were expecting something different. Why would the WWE not keep doing the same thing they've done before? Because it's June?

Well I figured this is what would happen and made mention of it all the way back to last Monday when they announced Vince would be on this Raw. I just had a little hope they would do something different. Vince turning heel and coming back on tv is not the big summer angle I was holding out hope for.

ily9QLYi9kLLf.jpg

Seriously guys.....this confirms that writers at least lurk on WrassleGaf. How else can you explain a Kane and AJ storyline now? We must be careful with this power we have been given.

I explain it by the fact that the professional writers the WWE hires are no better than message board posters.

BoboBrazil said:
I'd have to give this fight to Vader. He has superior striking and Ryback has an unknown ground game.

Not to mention the sheer experience advantage - Ryback has beaten nothing but jobbers, Vader has beaten Mutoh, Misawa & Sting.

Ninja Scooter said:
I explain it by the fact that the professional writers the WWE hires are no better than message board posters.

I'm 100% certain WrassleGAF could book a month of WWE and it'd be the best thing since that month we all thought Punk would save us from mediocrity.

I think I missed something, GAF. In the storyline, didn't WWE make Vince step down and HHH took his spot? How does Vince still have the power to fire Johnny?

I think I missed something, GAF. In the storyline, didn't WWE make Vince step down and HHH took his spot? How does vin still have the power to fire Johnny?

3-month rule - if WWE don't mention something happening, it never happened. Or they'll come up with some hastily written BS excuse on WWE.com to fix their own loophole.

mooooose

The worst part about them still trying to do the underdog shit with Cena is they ALREADY laid it to rest a year ago when Punk dissected the notion in one of his promos. Remember the New York Yankees punchline?
That was so sick. I miss that Punk. Wow.

bangai-o

Banned
had to start Raw an hour late

fast forward thru commercials and Ryback almost caught me up to live.

Overall great show. The Zigglr match was slow though. It sucks that Swagger does not show his mat work anymore. Christian just slowed Ziggler's higher pace.

WWE needs to give SinCara an actual fued. lol at some yelling BRING BACK MYSTERIO
..and the dvr stopped and the last thing i saw was Big Show about to say sothing to McMahon.

Bowser

Really do hope the AJ storyline leads to her helping Bryan win the WWE title on Sunday. Would be nice to have her "redeem" herself after she "cost" Bryan the WHC at WM

Kaladin

If RAW needs to be 3 hours so we get something awesome like we got this week every week, I'll FF through the shit so the good stuff gets time any week.

Zertez

Not sure if Im in in the minority, but I miss Vince being on air. His creative decisions are still all over the place, but Vince works the crowd better than almost anyone on the roster now. He can go from hated to love in the same hour. This new version of Show is better than the last, but that isnt saying much. Show is the last person to whine about treatment over the years. He was given everything from the start in WCW and then with his move to WWE. Even with his crap work ethic and poor mic skills, he still was pushed until his laziness got him sent down. Out of all the people on the roster, he should be the last one to complain about unfair treatment.

As sick of Cena as I am, I was happy to hear his music cut Shows weak attempt at a rant. I think this was the first time Ive ever been happy to hear Cenas music. Of course once Cena got the mic it went all downhill from there. I knew Cena was going to bury Show, but didnt think they would let him bury the new Show this much. Oh well, it is difficult to feel sorry for Show. He has had more than enough chances and if Cena buries him this ppv, I wont care. This is the first time in a while Im not sure who is going to win. Cena use to rarely lose, but lately it seems they dont mind having him lose for a change. Then again it is Cena he always overcomes the odds to win. Lastly with Ace's job in the mix again, who would take over should he get fired. If Ace keeps his job for the countless time, they need to give that angle a rest. It seems almost every recent ppv his job has been on the line in some form.

Im just glad to see more AJ the past few months. It is nice to see her being used in the main storylines and not just the occasional 5 minute diva match. A complete heel turn at the ppv would just be icing at this point. A crazy heel AJ and Bryan with the belt for a few months will be fun.

• +
    • Christian vs Ziggler vs Swagger was awesome (once Khali was eliminated)
    • A wild Vader appears! It's super over!
    • AJ
    • Sheamus vs Tensai wasn't awful, pretty stiff match
    • Vinnie Mac on Johnny's scooter/dancing with the funkettes
    • Big Show's surprisingly good promo at the end of the show before...
  • -

Did Vader wrestle anyone? That's the only thing that will get me to watch Raw tonight.

EDIT: Except if it's against Heath fucking Slater.

Watch it anyway. Vader is awesome, and Slater bumps well for him.

Novid

Banned
They have to book a angle where Lita and AJ meet up, she finds out Lita's her mum and the Diva's start bitching like mad and the both of them take them a majority of them out with Layla, Eve and Beth still standing along with the newly reunited family - then we have thunder and fire, lights go out. Then Lita and AJ are the only two left standing. Then Kane laughs on the montior, CM or Brian comes in, wonders why hes laughing at a diva's beatdown - and Kane says in no uncertain terms, its my daughter.

bangai-o

Banned
the fact that it was a cage match and with all the injuries i thought tonite would be Kofi Kingston push. i think wwe screwed up a good chance there. Kofi gets good crowed reactions and his entrance is great. i dont see why they dont give it a shot.

Ithil

They have to book a angle where Lita and AJ meet up, she finds out Lita's her mum and the Diva's start bitching like mad and the both of them take them a majority of them out with Layla, Eve and Beth still standing along with the newly reunited family - then we have thunder and fire, lights go out. Then Lita and AJ are the only two left standing. Then Kane laughs on the montior, CM or Brian comes in, wonders why hes laughing at a diva's beatdown - and Kane says in no uncertain terms, its my daughter.

He's already made out with her. Don't give Vince ideas, he loves incest stories.

Top Bottom