• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

Khrno

20120606_Article_NYO_TripleH.jpg

20120515_NWO_Artwork_Article_Image.jpg

Live on PPV, Sunday, June 17, at 8 ET/5 PT.

Starring:

image.png

image.png

Also with:

image.png

image.png

For the bathroom break:

20120605_LIGHT_NWO_layla_beth.jpg

Highlight of the show, in an special Tuxedo match:

20120608_ARTICLE_NWO_santino_ricardo.jpg

On the Youtube pre-show:

20120611_ARTICLE_NWO_otunga_clay.jpg

And finally from the Feud of the Year, the match of the show:

image.png

P0S8p.gif
tumblr_m197faZem31qdhy1fo1_400.gif

F3Wai.gif
GKmcz.gif

tumblr_m5o5q8OnZ71rnudeqo8_250.gif

tumblr_m5o5q8OnZ71rnudeqo7_250.gif

p2qzj.png
p2qzj.png
p2qzj.png
p2qzj.png

Haha is that from the No Laughing Batsu Games? Chono has been a regular on them and he's hilarious.
Yep, this is from last year's where they're all flight attendants. There's a terrorist attack in the terminal and Chono is the SWAT captain that kills them and reveals that the terrorists had help from an airport employee, and like always the crime gets pinned on Yamazaki.

It's the batsu games' fault that whenever Tensai comes out and the guy yells in Japanese I think of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG3sPer3KGA#t=1m23s

They could do something like this on the WWE Network and it would basically be the best show ever.

Khrno

Dave Meltzer reported that Paul "Triple H" Levesque is not allowing Mick Foley to be used on TV since his return in November.

Meltzer reported that Triple H slams Foley whenever his name is brought up in creative meetings. Brian Gerwitz, WWE's Senior Vice President of Creative Writing thinks Foley is a creative and good performer, but Levesque says Foley 'doesn't look tough' and can't be taken seriously as an in-ring performer.

A former WWE creative writer said to Power Slam in 2008 that Levesque would always insult Foley when he appeared for the company and hurt his value in the eyes of Vince and Stephanie McMahon.

Levesque was quoted as saying: "Foley is an out-of-shape nobody. No one cares about him at all. Funaki puts more asses in the seats than Foley does. He should pay us for coming on our shows."

It is believed that the reason Triple H does this is because he is irritated over the opinion from his closest co-workers that his matches with Foley in 2000 "made him a star".

Foley has also criticized Triple H in the past, including taking some shots at him in his 2007 autobiography The Hardcore Diaries. He was also against Triple H insulting Lilian Garcia on an April 2010 episode of RAW. He said he may have cost himself professional but had to say something.

Khrno

Smackdown gives you D. Brine, Cody Rhodes, Christian, CM Punk (if Orton isn't there), Sandow, Tyson Kidd etc.

Raw gives you three hours of Cena respecting the crap out of you.

Also Sheamus, Ziggler, and going by dark matches and house show results, Antonio Cesaro and Dean Ambrose.

Khrno

lol.

good point. Fire Brodus for starters. The girls can dance for someone else.

If it were up to Hunner, he would probably fire Clay, but Vince probably loves him while he doesn't give a crap about Foley being on TV and just wants him for tours and stuff.

Also Sheamus, Ziggler, and going by dark matches and house show results, Antonio Cesaro and Dean Ambrose.

Right, them too. Though Ziggler is technically a "Raw" guy, so I don't know where he'll be by then.

But seriously, for house shows I strongly believe you're better off going to SuperiorDown!

Mr. Sam

Foley is in horrible shape to be fair. Hey Trips had maybe a few too many Happy Meals too but he stays somewhat in shape.

Mick Foley's selling point has never been his athleticism or his physique - it's even less of a problem now that he's not an active wrestler. As it is, those quotes sound more like Tony Shiavone than Triple H.

Khrno

Triple H destroying Mick Foley did make his career. After all the stupid DX stuff it gave people a reason to see him and the McMahon/Helmsley faction as a legit threat.

But in HHH's mind he probably was a superstar already, since DX, his DX without Michaels, was super over, even though he hadn't won the WWF title yet.

Kaladin

Right, them too. Though Ziggler is technically a "Raw" guy, so I don't know where he'll be by then.

But seriously, for house shows I strongly believe you're better off going to SuperiorDown!

For this Raw tour, they are advertising CM Punk, Kane, Daniel Bryan, Cena, Big Show, R-Truth, Kofi Kingston, Santino Marella, Tensai, Zack Ryder, Dolph Ziggler, Brodus Clay and Chris Jericho.

Kaladin

But in HHH's mind he probably was a superstar already, since DX, his DX without Michaels, was super over, even though he hadn't won the WWF title yet.

He was huge with DX no doubt, but to go to that next level as a believable top guy on his own he needed that feud with Foley.

thats a bit silly.

So Mick Foley is Triple H's JR? A good person who everyone in the business likes but they hold a grudge against them for no real reason.

Why do I feel like Foley is going to kiss Triple H's naked ass on TV sometime in the next 5 years?

I could go the rest of my life without seeing Foley wrestle again but it would have been cool if WWE delivered on that dean ambrose stuff. A Intense Mick Foley is easily one of the top 5 promo guys of all time and I bet those two could have delivered some epic promo's.

jmdajr

Mick Foley's selling point has never been his athleticism or his physique - it's even less of a problem now that he's not an active wrestler. As it is, those quotes sound more like Tony Shiavone than Triple H.

Yeah but he was at least somewhat lean. Now he's a marshmallow. But sure, if he doesn't wrestle..why should it matter.

Khrno

I'm actually pretty surprised it's managed to last as long as it has given the events of last Summer. I didn't want to mention anything just to see how long it could possibly go for.

AJ is the best thing in pro-wrestling today.

So AJ's very relevant to the topic at hand, since the whole world revolves around her.

Foley/HHH at the rumble was a star making match, Trips should be thanking Foley for putting him over big time with that and the following HIAC match, it made him look pretty tough since he won both matches with no real trickery (not that there is much room for that in those gimmicks).

Trips may also be envious that Foley got Orton over whereas when the time came for HHH to give Orton a boost he just buried him in like one month.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Foley/HHH at the rumble was a star making match, Trips should be thanking Foley for putting him over big time with that and the following HIAC match, it made him look pretty tough since he won both matches with no real trickery (not that there is much room for that in those gimmicks).

Trips may also be envious that Foley got Orton over whereas when the time came for HHH to give Orton a boost he just buried him in like one month.

Mick also has a much more lovable personality. He went on some TV shows and because of his good nature, spirited attitude it wasn't a total flop. Anytime HHH is on any TV show it's like a vaccuum of enjoyment.

You'd figure HHH would be a lot more appreciative of the guy who let him Pedigree his FACE on thumbtacks and less than a month later, let him back drop him through the Hell in a Cell and through the ring.

HHH needs to face reality and realize that he was a total bust as WWF champ until Foley let him damn near kill him. Truth hurts.

Aiii

So not worth it
For a guy that literally fucked himself to the top of the business, I can't believe the guy is still THAT insecure. Goddamn Trips, surely now that your firmly on top (Well, everywhere aside from the bedroom I asume), get over this whole "I need to be the most over guy to ever have been in the WWE" shtick.

what was that one HHH story from Summerslam 2006? he and Hogan were on the same show and HHH had only recently turned face, during his match HHH went overboard with the taunts and stuff to try and elicit a bigger reaction from the fans to what Hogan had gotten earlier in the ppv to prove his greatness, i'm willing to believe such a story considering how desperate he is to be part of the elite club at the very top of WWE history.

Aiii

So not worth it
what was that one HHH story from Summerslam 2006? he and Hogan were on the same show and HHH had only recently turned face, during his match HHH went overboard with the taunts and stuff to try and elicit a bigger reaction from the fans to what Hogan had gotten earlier in the ppv to prove his greatness, i'm willing to believe such a story considering how desperate he is to be part of the elite club at the very top of WWE history.

Pretty much. The guy has a history of trying to bury anyone and everyone that is regarded as better then him. As in more over. He pretty much hates that he's not on the same level as Rock and Austin and that's why he keeps inserting himself into anything and everything that is considered hot at the time. The whole Undertaker angle where he said he never accepted people think HBK was better then him was pretty much a worked shoot. Guy just cannot accept he was a solid performer, but is not considered the best in the business.

Top Bottom