• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

Cagey

Banned
I didn't even know about that until i read this thread heh. We figured it was blading or a busted lip. Finlay twice pointed at mat for ref to wipe or kick something, so either that was blood or teeth

Fuck, that cut is brutal;

iomNltgzx4iCl.jpg

Looks like he lost the two teeth right behind the cut, lucky he gets to keep the two up front. He's going to have a cool scar at least!

DKehoe

For the ROH title match why is the stipulation "the piledriver is legal." Isn't it always? Some lucha rules going on in ROH these days?

Maria...damn.

For the ROH title match why is the stipulation "the piledriver is legal." Isn't it always? Some lucha rules going on in ROH these days?

Cornette banned the piledriver after Steen took Generico out earlier in the year - the stipulation is 'anything goes', so the piledriver is un-banned as a result. Also, it's Richard's last shot at the title.

trunbuns

Awesome video highlighting one of the best builds and matches of all time Rock/Austin at WM 17.

Everyone in the video is at the peak of their powers. The sit-down interview that they did was an amazing idea and you believe every word coming out of Austin's mouth.

Listen to how fucking important the belt is!

YES! ANX win the belts! Good match in the end, but damn did it drag in the middle.

Stiff Kawada kicks from O'Reilly busted Cole's lip wide open and knocked out a couple of teeth.

Funnily enough the crowd wasn't too into the match until that happened. New York craves blood.
lol FUCK

That match was fucking nuts. So much insanity, and holy shit at that DR Driver on the ladder. Fuck.

Steen > Everyone.

*edit, oh shit! Steen shooting on the fans and they way they turn on face champions. Clever angle.

Kyoufu

Sounds like I missed something awesome...

That promo should have been done in the WWE a long time ago. It happens with every face champion.

trunbuns

Yeah that's another awesome feud. I completely marked for the milk truck moment when it happened. Kurt played that nerd/goof role so well. Their summerslam match was great even with all the shenanigans. I personally prefer the Rock feud because it felt like such a huge deal at the time (I felt that the video I posted really caught that feeling) and it was building for wrestlemania. However, I do think the actual wrestling was better in the Angle..... angle.

Austin was the best ever at putting the championship over. You always knew how much he wanted the belt, it was a huge part of his character.

somedevil

Is it even possible for Steen to get booed at this point? Because the promo he gave was a heel promo about destroying ring of honor and the fans cheer at him saying that.

edit: Also love this tweet by John Pollock who watched the pay per view:

"Kevin Steen is going to watch this match when he is 50 and shake his head constantly."

Is it even possible for Steen to get booed at this point? Because the promo he gave was a heel promo about destroying ring of honor and the fans cheer at him saying that.

Aries had a similar problem - because he was so awesome, the fans cheered him regardless. His response was to deny the fans his big, flashy moves, like the 450 splash. Not sure how they can get the fans to fully turn on Steen though, perhaps by having him put a fan favourite or two out of action.

somedevil said:
edit: Also love this tweet by John Pollock who watched the pay per view:

"Kevin Steen is going to watch this match when he is 50 and shake his head constantly."

Yeah, Steen took a ridiculous amount of punishment in that match, although the Corino/Steen match was far worse.

Kaladin

Aries had a similar problem - because he was so awesome, the fans cheered him regardless. His response was to deny the fans his big, flashy moves, like the 450 splash. Not sure how they can get the fans to fully turn on Steen though, perhaps by having him put a fan favourite or two out of action.

How would Steen put himself out of action?

tm24

How would Steen put himself out of action?
Honestly, compete in other promotions and not roh. Have Steen troll roh and by extension its fans by doing stuff for pwg, Chikara and even czw. Basically redo the Kings of Wrestling thing where you put over other belts instead of the roh one.

Top Bottom